Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul S, you were unfairly cast in that lot, I apologoze, sir...
Thank you, I don't want to be associated with them.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #32
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
This is genius

Enough reasons for you?
Yes, enough reasons to know why you are uninformed.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #33
zimmy

Jimmy, you want the epa ransacked? Department of Energy? End social security? Disagreeing with your gangs lame ideas does not make me uninformed.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Jimmy, you want the epa ransacked? Department of Energy? End social security? Disagreeing with your gangs lame ideas does not make me uninformed.
There not "my gangs" ideas, that is where you are misinformed. I could say Code Pink's ideas are shared by all liberals, but I know better than highlighting the extreme as representative of the movement.

Why dont you ask these questions instead -

Is the EPA and DOE effective for the BILLIONS we pump into into them? Is there a better way?

Is Social Security working or would an average person have more money if the money was invested in another fashion instead of being borrowed by the govt and potentially never paid back?

I rather do this that raise taxes. In order to run an effective business you try to lower expenses before raising fees. Is that so bad?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #35
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
There not "my gangs" ideas, that is where you are misinformed. I could say Code Pink's ideas are shared by all liberals, but I know better than highlighting the extreme as representative of the movement.

Why dont you ask these questions instead -

Is the EPA and DOE effective for the BILLIONS we pump into into them? Is there a better way?

Is Social Security working or would an average person have more money if the money was invested in another fashion instead of being borrowed by the govt and potentially never paid back?

I rather do this that raise taxes. In order to run an effective business you try to lower expenses before raising fees. Is that so bad?
Nope, not so bad. I think we can make serious improvements in the efficiency of alot of program. The tea party seems to want to abolish programs they don't like because of ideology more than budget reasons I also believe if the one side will not budge on the tax issue for the top percent, then they aren't serious about reducing the deficit.

On the epa: Obama wanted to lower the epa budget by 3 million. Republicans by 3 billion. The tea party seems to want to disband it. Same with department of ed.

The department of energy budget is lower now than in 1984, when adjusted for inflation.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #36
zimmy

also Jimmy, those ideas that I referenced came from the tea party affiliates in Congress. I guess I was misinformed about your thoughts on the tea party.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nope, not so bad. I think we can make serious improvements in the efficiency of alot of program. The tea party seems to want to abolish programs they don't like because of ideology more than budget reasons I also believe if the one side will not budge on the tax issue for the top percent, then they aren't serious about reducing the deficit.

On the epa: Obama wanted to lower the epa budget by 3 million. Republicans by 3 billion. The tea party seems to want to disband it. Same with department of ed.

The department of energy budget is lower now than in 1984, when adjusted for inflation.
"The tea party seems to want to abolish programs they don't like because of ideology more than budget reasons "

You can believe that, and you probably do believe that. But you would be absolutely 100% wrong. We want to eliminate superfluous, inefficient waste BEFORE we raise taxes on anybody.

"if the one side will not budge on the tax issue for the top percent, then they aren't serious about reducing the deficit. "

I'll budge on tax increases, AFTER (read: not before) every single cent of waste has been eliminated. If we eliminate all reasonable waste, and we still have a deficit, then let's talk about tax hikes.

Obama doesn't see the need to reduce spending by any significant amount. He only concedes to that out of political necessity, but his instinct is to increase spending. You have to really be out to lunch to see no danger in increasing the deficits at this point, don't you?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #38

If the GOP wants to unseat him IMO two things have to happen, Sarah Palin and Donald Trump need to announce right now that they will not be running for the office, neither of them has a prayer.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #39
Duke41
got gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 179 View Post
If the GOP wants to unseat him IMO two things have to happen, Sarah Palin and Donald Trump need to announce right now that they will not be running for the office, neither of them has a prayer.

Truth be know. Its a 3 ring circus and the joke is on us.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #40
striperman36
Old Guy

Jon M. Huntsman for President 2012
Old 04-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
1. Repeal the Affordable Care Act (Health Insurance Reform)
I think in the end it will be much better than the current system

Most think it will be worse. It is also an unconstitutional mandate. But who cares about the Constitution anyway?

2. Privatize Social Security or phase it out altogether
Privatizing social security is stupid.

Another unconstitutional mandate that helps create the originally feared all powerful central government that will inevitably, as such governments will do because they can, overspend the national treasure and create unsustainable debts and bankrupt economic systems that must be taxed at higher and higher rates.

3. End Medicare as it presently exists
The voucher thing is a joke. Ok, now that you are 65 go out and get your own insurance

All forms of universal insurance, whether private or public, will fail to contain costs because universal insurance is a major contributor to higher cost compared to out of pocket payment due to the bigger pocket to pick, and the U.S. Government has the biggest pocket. #^&#^&#^&#^&er over which type of insurance and then grump over unaffordable premiums. At least with some variety and competition, there is a chance of finding something cheaper. Best take Raven's advice and take charge of your own health--stay healthy.

4. Extend the Bush tax cuts

Not for over 500,000 imo. tax rate of the 1990's

"imo" is the key phrase. It's all just opinion--250,000K, 500,000K, 1Mil, 90%, whatever, won't make a difference on budgets or debt. Money will be spent to get votes as always, and government will print and borrow money to lower value of dollar and help it to pay some debt with cheap money, and the economy will be depressed, and eventually (if it doesn't collapse) rebound and the process will continue.

5. Repeal Wall Street Reform
2000's all over again

Repeal, don't repeal, blah-blah, sing-song-sing-song, been reforms-repeals-reforms-new ways to beat the game or the old ways of bribing the politicians. Forgetaboutit.

6. Protect those responsible for the oil spill and future environmental catastrophes

Cap liabilities for those responsible for environmental disasters like the Gulf oil spill and let companies like BP decide which victims deserve compensation for the disaster and what the timeline for relief should be.
F' that

Ahh, what the H, just continue to play political games with "disasters" and "crises" as always--nothing new.

7. Abolish the Department of Education
could use cuts, but there are alot of things that are necessary that would get dumped on the states. So millionaires can pay less taxes? No thanks

Another unconstitutional encroachment on the states by the feds. The states pay 90 percent of education cost so another 10 percent "dumped" on them WHERE THE RESPONSIBILITY BELONGS could actually be less costly since there wouldn't be unfunded mandates to adhere to and the people would be more in control of costs, standards, and objectives, and less money would be siphoned out of the states to the national government in order to be partially returned for the benefit of Federal control over state educational responsiibility. And abolishing the dept. would return to the idea of the States as laboratories in the diverse experiments in uplifting their citizens.

8. Abolish the Department of Energy
are you kidding me?
End America's investments in a clean-energy future and disband the organization responsible for oversight of nuclear materials.

"America's investments" is a high-sounding phrase--almost sacred sounding. But it can just be the stultifying sound of the central planner telling us all how it should be done and how much "all Americans" must pay for that plan from on high. No various States deciding on energy policies that suit them (might be some great varieties of ideas)--but the States are too dumb for that--even though the super-intelligent central planners actually come from the States. Do we need an entire Department of Energy to oversee nuclear materials?

9. Abolish the Environmental Protection Agency

Pre 1970's environment was great wasn't it?

Again, another high sounding title that presumes States cannot "protect" their environments. And there must only be adherence to the One Way from on high--not experiments from diverse thinkers throughout the States. And, again, another unconstitutional agency, one of 300 or so administrative agencies that violate the "non-delegation" doctrine inherent in the constitutionally enumerated legislative powers of congress. Not only does the Constitution prohibit congress from delegating its legislative function to another agency, but these regulatory agencies are mini-governments in themsleves, having legislative, executive, and judiciary powers in the same hand, which Madison said was the very definition of tyranny.

10. Repeal the 17th Amendment

This is genius

Enough reasons for you?
Abolishing the 17th ammendment would revert election of senators back to the original constitutional method of appointing them by the State legislators who are chosen by the people of the State. The Senate is supposed to be a deliberative check on hasty decisions of congress and to prevent congress from squandering the national treasury, especially from spending it to buy votes. Now that senators must campaign, they too must spend money and get money to get elected. They are now beholden more to large donors than to the average citizen, and are major political benefactors to large corporations, thus being greatly responsible for those corporations paying little to no taxes. Not only are they now more beholden to big money than to the average citizen, they act more in concert with the national party and are more animals of that party than respondents to their respective States as they were when chosen by their state legislatures and were beholden solely to their States and citizens of those States. This repeal will help to restore power back to the States and away from the Centralized government in Washington D.C. It will help give the States more control of their own distinct problems and cures and devolve power back to the people. The momentum for the massive growth of the central government began in earnest in the beginning of the 20th century and the 17th ammendment was one of the reasons for that growth.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-30-2011 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 AM   #42
Raven

why?

Because he's even a BETTER Con Artist
Old 05-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #43
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

WHY???

Osama bin Laden Killed by US Strike - ABC News

Because now he's the guy who killed Bin Laden.

He's gonna milk the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of this. He's God now.

This country is now in a world of shat.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #44
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Only a fool would think that Obama killed him! Our forces and intelligence got him.....end of story.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #45
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

And only a fool would discount what he's going to get out of this. Did you listen to him last night? I bet not. He SAID HE (EMPH ON HE) ordered Leon Panetta to make this his highest priority.

He is the commander in chief (though as much as I'd like to call him the jester in chief)

+1 for Snowbama. He did what Bush did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Only a fool would think that Obama killed him! Our forces and intelligence got him.....end of story.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:48 AM   #46
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Cept now the only problem is your going to have 300 of these pieces of #^&#^&#^&#^& coming out of the woodwork declaring Jihad on the US.

I'm placing odds that sometime in the next week to month you will see one muther huge terror attack. Probably here. Maybe somewhere else. It's going to happen now. He's now a Martyr........he died for the cause.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 AM   #47
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I heard him Scott....you do not listen more intently than anyone else!

Does not change the economy so he will not even smell re-election.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #48
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Well just sit on your hands for another year Lawrence. You'll see.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #49
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

How do you like your crow...well done or raw

"This will get Obama re-elected"

68%Yes
32%No

Total Votes: 72,794
Old 05-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #50
zimmy

Quote:

Does not change the economy so he will not even smell re-election.
The economy a year from now is why he may get re-elected. It is only going up from where it was when he came in.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #51
Duke41
got gas?

Give the guy a break. He is getting it done. What the hell has the Republican Party done for anyone on this site. Really, I would like to know.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #52
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

This will get Obama re-elected

66%Yes
34%No

Total Votes: 102,788
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #53
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltys View Post
How do you like your crow...well done or raw

"This will get Obama re-elected"

68%Yes
32%No

Total Votes: 72,794
In a couple days....the Americans with the short memory will remember where fuel prices are, and the fact that they have no job and things will be back to normal!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #54
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Who's he gonna run against?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #55
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Who's he gonna run against?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #56
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

Larry your crow is on the grill

Gallup.Com - Polling Matters by Frank Newport: History Suggests a Rally in Obama's Job Approval Rating as a Result of Bin Laden's Death
Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #57
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

2 years away kiddies. The wheels on the bandwagon have broken from all you ignorant folks climbing back on board! Amazing how fickle the American public is and by that I mean stupid!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #58
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

oh be still my heart

Quote:
2 years away kiddies. The wheels on the bandwagon have broken from all you ignorant folks climbing back on board! Amazing how fickle the American public is and by that I mean stupid!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #59
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Give the guy a break. He is getting it done. What the hell has the Republican Party done for anyone on this site. Really, I would like to know.
Actually he "inherited" the situation that in the end killed OBL, from Bush. I believe Cheney and Rumsfeld played a role too.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #60
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Actually he "inherited" the situation that in the end killed OBL, from Bush. I believe Cheney and Rumsfeld played a role too.
Actually, he "inherited" a situation that lost focus on what the war on terror was suppose to be - bin Laden. Then, he took office and redirected focus on where the terrorist fight should be: making the capture/killing of bin Laden a priority and significantly increased drone strikes on locations harboring terrorists.