Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So far, neither wdmso nor Spence has pointed out why Trump's edited Nevada statement is odd or creepy. I'm guessing they want to just lay a turd and walk away hoping the smell will disgust everyone else. But actually attempting to defend their repugnant piece of poop would expose it as an irrational bias--the sort of intellectual dishonesty that Spence dislikes.

Whats to point out?

I found it odd I repeat I found it Odd.. asking the terminally ill to stay alive to vote he mentioned elvis also

I am not asking for why others don't find that comment odd thats your business

but if wish to elaborate please do

you must be into intellectual origami you put in great effort avoiding his actions or statement yet love blaming it on others with the rights catch most used catch phrase "Bias "
Old 10-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Whats to point out?

I found it odd I repeat I found it Odd.. asking the terminally ill to stay alive to vote he mentioned elvis also

I am not asking for why others don't find that comment odd thats your business

but if wish to elaborate please do.

I already elaborated. You did not elaborate. You just kept repeating that it is odd. You apparently don't know why you think it is odd. It is just odd.

I elaborated how the statement could actually give meaning to a life about to end. I actually elaborated. For you, it's just odd. I pointed out that the video was conveniently edited to leave out the key comment that he was just kidding--as he is prone to do, often laced with sarcasm, if you haven't noticed. But you don't seem to notice anything positive about Trump, just the negative and often distorted comments and videos. I guess it's just your business why you do so. The actual speech puts the comment in proper context. And in that context, it is not a weird, odd thing to say. Unless you want to make it seem to be. Just as the video you depended on intended for you to come to your opinion, or worse. And you fell for it. That I elaborated on all that, pointing out the videos trickery, that doesn't seem to put a dent in your notion that his comment is just odd. And I asked if we should take that notion as a negative reaction or not, whether it was a good or bad odd. So far you insist only that it was just odd. So what? Oh, hey guys, look at this. wdmso thinks it's odd. Really? That's interesting? So give me the low down. Why does he think it is odd? This could be good. Well . . . no, there's no scoop. Nothing really to chat about. He just thinks it's odd. Oh . . . OK then. Let's go fishing.

you must be into intellectual origami

Is that good, bad, just odd, or totally irrelevant?

you put in great effort avoiding his actions or statement

I didn't avoid his statement. I even listened to his whole speech, which it seems you avoided doing. I explained how the edited portion of the speech you depended on was deceptive. You continue to avoid that deception.

yet love blaming it on others with the rights catch most used catch phrase "Bias "
Either that video was biased or it wasn't. What would you call leaving out a sentence in order to make it appear that what he said was hateful, cold, weird, odd, or whatever, when it wasn't that at all.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #33
scottw

I can't believe he mentioned Elvis.....that is really deplorable!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:04 AM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Either that video was biased or it wasn't. What would you call leaving out a sentence in order to make it appear that what he said was hateful, cold, weird, odd, or whatever, when it wasn't that at all.
I say it kidding but I mean it... is that his disclaimer ? That alone changes the context really ?

So he was only joking about terminally I'll people to make a get out and vote argument wow ! Again thanks for having to explain what Trump ment to say rather than what he said ? How could have mistaken that's as odd
Your correct that's normal for Him... I stand corrected
Old 10-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
I say it kidding but I mean it... is that his disclaimer ? That alone changes the context really ?

He didn't mean it as a fact. He meant it (you'll like this) as a metaphor (you've said before that his comments were metaphors). And he understood that overly sensitive folks would take his comment literally (or that his enemies would twist it) so he added that he was just kidding. That does change the context. But not that alone. The whole speech adds context.

So he was only joking about terminally I'll people to make a get out and vote argument wow ! Again thanks for having to explain what Trump ment to say rather than what he said ? How could have mistaken that's as odd

He didn't make a joke about terminally ill people. He didn't say anything ABOUT terminally ill people. You're doing what the left is good at. Such as expanding Trump's insults of specific women to insulting all women. There was no joke made about terminally ill people nor was one intended. He was emphasizing that it was so important to get out and vote this time that METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING (he was just kidding) even if you were terminally ill, you should get out and vote. That was not a joke, about terminally ill people. That was a metaphor for how important it was to get out and vote. It was speaking metaphorically. Speaking metaphorically means not to be taken literally. Surely you understand that as you have said the same about Trumps words in the past.

Or, I think, you prefer not to understand that.

Your correct that's normal for Him... I stand corrected
See, you do understand. You don't literally mean you stand corrected. But it's okay for you to be sarcastic and metaphorical.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
See, you do understand. You don't literally mean you stand corrected. But it's okay for you to be sarcastic and metaphorical.
Yes it is, I am not ru nning for Potus . So it's OK to speak sarcastically and metaphorically about the terminally ill or women OK

Fyi

kidding a way of taking back everything you just said often used as an expression source urban dictionary
Old 10-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
Yes it is, I am not ru nning for Potus .

You should try it. You're an extremely intelligent debater and would be tough to beat.

So it's OK to speak sarcastically and metaphorically about the terminally ill or women OK

OK.

Fyi

kidding a way of taking back everything you just said often used as an expression source urban dictionary
That's a very odd statement . . . in a good way. I like it. You're the winner!