Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 04-19-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Pats traded one second round pick for....

Running Back Corey Dillon!!!!!

If the guy leaves his baggage in Cinci this could be HUGE for the Pats. Dillon is a friekin' HORSE! Big signing if Dillon fits in with the team...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #2
FishWebb
Rookie

I heard the news on the ride home... should be an incredible deal! The Pats have proven they know how to handle their personnel moves, so I am on board... great trade!

Wherever you go.... there you are!
FishWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Pats also re-signed Otis Smith, I think that is his name, a couple weeks ago. Gettin deep at RB.

O J, Otis, Omigawd, .......whatever!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
Codfather4
Greatness

The trade is legalized theft

Stay classy
Codfather4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:27 AM   #5
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFish
Pats also re-signed Otis Smith, I think that is his name, a couple weeks ago. Gettin deep at RB.

O J, Otis, Omigawd, .......whatever!
Otis Smith is a cornerback.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=1211

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:35 AM   #6
schoolie monster

O-T-I-S

Otis won't probably make the team, or will be a backups backup. He is 52 years old.

I think the Dillon thing is big. They have alot of leadership on the Pats to keep him in line and winning seems to make guys act a bit better. Even at that, I don't think Dillon was ever considered a TO or Randy Moss type... I think he played on a sucky team that didn't seem to want to get any better. So he spouted off about it a few times.

He's not the greatest guy, but I don't think he's the worst. For a second rounder? I think its worth the risk. Its a definited upgrade and I know ya all are the champs, but the Pats margin for victory is slim. This is a big improvement to the offense and will take some pressure off Brady.

Also frees them up in the draft. Its a good move.

And they kept him from the Raiders. As a Broncos fan, though I'd have rather seen him in the NFC, not on the Raiders is cool. The Broncs are loading up on defense, which is good.

I was initially freaked about dealing Portis, but he was asking for nothing less than to be the highest paid RB in the league. They tried to give him some good money even though he had 2 years left on his deal, but he wanted it all.

As good as he is, I don't want that type of attitude. I like the Pats model. Good guys, play hard, team first. That's what they seem to be stressing now which is good.
schoolie monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
rwilhelm

This is huge they finally have a premier running back. Corey Dillon for a second rounder is a sweet deal for the Pats. I think they should use their first pick for a cornerback because after this year I don't think Ty will still be with the team.
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE]Originally posted by schoolie monster
[B]O-T-I-S

Otis won't probably make the team, or will be a backups backup. He is 52 years old.

I think the Dillon thing is big. They have alot of leadership on the Pats to keep him in line and winning seems to make guys act a bit better. Even at that, I don't think Dillon was ever considered a TO or Randy Moss type... I think he played on a sucky team that didn't seem to want to get any better. So he spouted off about it a few times.

He's not the greatest guy, but I don't think he's the worst. For a second rounder? I think its worth the risk. Its a definited upgrade and I know ya all are the champs, but the Pats margin for victory is slim. This is a big improvement to the offense and will take some pressure off Brady.

Also frees them up in the draft. Its a good move.

And they kept him from the Raiders.
I was hearing we were going to be making a draft day trade for him, I guess not now!!!
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:00 PM   #9
Sweetwater
Ruled only by the tide

Corey for Tebucky?

In effect, this trade came from the Tebucky Jones trade last year, the pick sent to Miami for their 2nd rounder.

This is a great deal for the Pats. They've probably answered their RB needs and STILL have 2 first round picks to use! I predict they'll grab a linebacker and maybe a cornerback (given the Ty Law situation).

Nice time to be a member of Patriots Nation!

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #10
fishsmith
DDG-51

Brady with a real runningback, I can't wait for this season!!!!!
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:17 AM   #11
fishaholic18
Finally

Go Pat's!!
Superbowl bound again!!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote