Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

scratch coats

I wonder if we can talk about scratch coats to put over createx paints before epoxy clear coats???

I am out of Upol

I remember reading that there may be adhesion problems with one of the spray cans of clear ? rustoleum? another brand? I can't remember.....

I use createx paint , wait a day and then usually clearcoat with a spray can of Upol, then scuff with a scotchbrite pad, clean with wilbond or something, then epoxy with System Three clearcoat or Envirotex.

So what clear spraybomb can I use without having troubles? anyone?

also, I have some plugs I will be placing a waterslide transfer decal on to so that most likely should be done after the clear spraypaint after I install the eyes and belly grommet.

or can I just handle the raw painted bodies carefully with gloves on to install the eyes,grommet and decals???

thanks
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote