Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #121
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Russian or Chinese?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-21-2020, 08:02 AM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Biden has the support of more than 200 retired admirals and generals, including at least 22 four-stars. The latest to support him is Adm. Bill McRaven, former SOCOM commander.

Trump does not have the endorsement of a single four-star flag officer.
Quote:
Russian or Chinese?
The person with ties to Russia and China is sitting in the White House

Nearly 300 more former national security officials have signed onto a letter endorsing Democratic candidate Joe Biden for president.

The 291 new signatures announced Tuesday join 489 national security leaders who previously endorsed former Vice President Biden as having “the character, principles, wisdom and leadership necessary to address a world on fire.”

The new signatories include some officials who served under President Trump, such as retired Army Maj. Gen. Craig Whelden, who served as executive director of Marine Corps Forces Pacific until 2019 after retiring from active duty in 2009, and Anita Friedt, a career State Department official who started during the Reagan administration, worked on arms control during the Obama administration and stayed under Trump until 2019.

Also new on the letter is retired Lt. Col. Alfred Rascon, who was awarded the Medal of Honor in 2000 for heroic actions during the Vietnam War.

“Our nation is in crisis and, in times of crisis, those who have served this nation feel duty-bound to serve it once again,” Rascon said in a statement. “In just 10 months of COVID-19, we have lost more than three times as many Americans as died in two decades of U.S. involvement in Vietnam, with numbers still rising and no plan in place to combat the spread.

“This comes against a backdrop of a president who blames Gold Star families for his contracting the virus and, in the words of his own former secretary of Defense, does not even pretend to try to unify us as a country,” Rascon added. “He sees service members as props, not people. Joe Biden has the wisdom and decency needed to heal a fractured nation, so we enthusiastically support him.”

Trump has suggested he may have caught the coronavirus from Gold Star families. He hosted the families at the White House the day after an event for which several of those who attended later tested positive for the virus. None of the Gold Star families are known to have tested positive.

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis, who has not endorsed a candidate, broke his silence about Trump over the summer to criticize him as “the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try.”

The new signatures on the endorsement letter also include former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge (R), who served as the first Homeland Security secretary under George W. Bush and previously announced he was voting for Biden.

The new endorsements also add 81 retired general and flag officers, bringing the total number to 284 retired officers on the letter. The first batch of signatures on the letter made headlines for including former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Paul Selva and former Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Paul Zukunft, both of whom served under Trump.

“The initial release of the letter was a clarion call to so many patriotic Americans who believed they must do their part to elect Joe Biden,” Michael Smith, executive director of National Security Leaders for Biden, the group that organized the letter, said in a statement. “It is no secret that our nation is in turmoil. We believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will help truly unite the United States and navigate this nation through this troubled time.”

https://www.nationalsecurityleaders4biden.com/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Scott spin me a positive view of how life in America is better due to this administrations handling of Covid and please don’t fall back to Jims lame partial travel ban saved so many lives, I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed.
"don’t fall back to Jims lame partial travel ban saved so many lives,"

If you can find a post where I said anything like that, I'll drive to any location you pick, and put $100 into your hand.

What I keep saying, is that about the only real policy he implemented, was travel restrictions. And that the entire left (elected officials, media, everyone) said that was an overreaction.

The feds got the hospital ship to NYC, they got respirators to hot spots, they converted the Javits center to a hospital (not necessary as it turned out).

I've asked the gang of liberals here, at least 5 times, what are you saying Trump should have done, based on what we knew then? Not one of you came up with a syllable. Zip. Zilch.

Sure, his language and style are atrocious, but that didn't get anyone sick. At one point, the governors of both NY and CA (neither one of which is a Republican) said Trump was doing a great job helping them.

One more time...please list some steps Trump should have taken back in December/January, based on what we knew then. And keep in mind, all the democrats were saying then, that the virus was so benign that even a partial travel ban was an overreaction.

In terms of policy, what more was he supposed to do?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Russian or Chinese?
That was good.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #125
Pete F.
Canceled

We know where your allegiance lies

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
We know where your allegiance lies
You've been humiliated in this thread pretty good, both by others and by yourself. Isn't it about time you call my mom a hooker?
Old 10-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You've been humiliated in this thread pretty good, both by others and by yourself. Isn't it about time you call my mom a hooker?
Oh, I've been humiliated?

Everyone else is trying to guess as to whether you’re 1) a Russian bot, 2) a Russian troll, or just one of the morons swayed by Russian propaganda (either directly or via State TV - i.e. Fox News)

You better send your hero some money because one revealing fact of this moment with Trump's campaign cash is the fact that he still hasn't cut his campaign a check, as he's suggested he might do if he needed it. He clearly needs it, but no check.
I'm sure it will be as sound an investment as Trump University

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh, I've been humiliated?

Everyone else is trying to guess as to whether you’re 1) a Russian bot, 2) a Russian troll, or just one of the morons swayed by Russian propaganda (either directly or via State TV - i.e. Fox News)

You better send your hero some money because one revealing fact of this moment with Trump's campaign cash is the fact that he still hasn't cut his campaign a check, as he's suggested he might do if he needed it. He clearly needs it, but no check.
I'm sure it will be as sound an investment as Trump University
"Oh, I've been humiliated?"

Yes, as well as humiliated yourself, don't leave that out.

"Everyone else is trying to guess as to whether you’re 1) a Russian bot, 2) a Russian troll, or just one of the morons swayed by Russian propaganda"

See above bout humiliating yourself.

Yes, because I can praise or criticize both sides, that's precisely what everyone is wondering.

"I'm sure it will be as sound an investment as Trump University"

Fair to criticize him for that scam.

Pete, what do you think as of now, about Hunter's emails and Joes dealings described therein? All a Russian hoax (ne evidence of that)? Or do you concede it probably happened (the Biden campaign isn't denying it) but you don't think it's a big deal?
Old 10-21-2020, 09:42 AM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

As a swamp supporter you need to pay attention to the things the projector in Chief is doing and has done.
Once again he’s accusing others of his crimes.
The leader of the Crybaby Conservatism Movement

President Trump’s tax records reveal that he spent years pursuing business projects in China and even has a Chinese bank account

Elliott Broidy, a longtime GOP and Trump fundraiser, yesterday pleaded guilty to recent criminal charges that accused him of violating foreign lobbying laws by illegally lobbying the Trump administration to drop its investigation into the Malaysian 1MDB corruption scandal.

The parents of 545 migrant children, who were separated under a 2017 Trump administration pilot program, cannot be found, with over two-thirds of the 1,000-plus parents being deported to Central America without their children before a federal judge had chance to order the parents be found

The White House, particularly Meadows, is pressuring the Pentagon to lease its “mid-band spectrum” to 5G company Rivada Networks, a move that if approved would be “the biggest handoff of economic power to a single entity in history,” senior officials from multiple departments and agencies have warned. The Trump administration is pressuring the Pentagon to fast track Rivada’s “Request for Proposal,” skipping a competitive bidding process; the pressure has been firmly applied since September, and Meadows has reportedly been assisted in his pressure campaign by an unnamed top financial management official in the U.S. Army.

300,000 dead
Old 10-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
As a swamp supporter you need to pay attention to the things the projector in Chief is doing and has done.
Once again he’s accusing others of his crimes.
The leader of the Crybaby Conservatism Movement

President Trump’s tax records reveal that he spent years pursuing business projects in China and even has a Chinese bank account

Elliott Broidy, a longtime GOP and Trump fundraiser, yesterday pleaded guilty to recent criminal charges that accused him of violating foreign lobbying laws by illegally lobbying the Trump administration to drop its investigation into the Malaysian 1MDB corruption scandal.

The parents of 545 migrant children, who were separated under a 2017 Trump administration pilot program, cannot be found, with over two-thirds of the 1,000-plus parents being deported to Central America without their children before a federal judge had chance to order the parents be found

The White House, particularly Meadows, is pressuring the Pentagon to lease its “mid-band spectrum” to 5G company Rivada Networks, a move that if approved would be “the biggest handoff of economic power to a single entity in history,” senior officials from multiple departments and agencies have warned. The Trump administration is pressuring the Pentagon to fast track Rivada’s “Request for Proposal,” skipping a competitive bidding process; the pressure has been firmly applied since September, and Meadows has reportedly been assisted in his pressure campaign by an unnamed top financial management official in the U.S. Army.

300,000 dead
"Once again he’s accusing others of his crimes."

Aren't you guys all guilty of the same exact hypocrisy? You're criticizing Trump for profiting from his influence, but you put your fingers in your ears at any mention that Biden did the same exact thing.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:36 AM   #131
wdmso

Quote:
"Once again he’s accusing others of his crimes."

Aren't you guys all guilty of the same exact hypocrisy? You're criticizing Trump for profiting from his influence, but you put your fingers in your ears at any mention that Biden did the same exact thing.
Here we go again with .lies and deflections. Truth facts and evidence, are not required .. for a Trump Loyalist like your self ... see the big picture picture has always been problematic for the Trump cult
Old 10-21-2020, 10:59 AM   #132
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

... see the big picture picture has always been problematic for the Trump cult
see jim....wayne is smarted than you because he sees "the big picture"
Old 10-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Here we go again with .lies and deflections. Truth facts and evidence, are not required .. for a Trump Loyalist like your self ... see the big picture picture has always been problematic for the Trump cult
Are you willing to consider the possibility that Joe used his influence to enrich his son?

Who is deflecting? I am the one whos asking that everyone be held to the same standard...
Old 10-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #134
spence

Quote:
Are you willing to consider the possibility that Joe used his influence to enrich his son?
Based on what Rudy says????????

Old 10-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

based on the fact that the biden campaign has admitted that they aren’t denying it. i posted a video
Old 10-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #136
Pete F.
Canceled

If Borat was able to compromise Rudy, imagine what a trained intelligence officer could do.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:31 PM   #137
wdmso

Quote:
based on the fact that the biden campaign has admitted that they aren’t denying it. i posted a video
So .. not denying it... is now seen an admission of Guilt

Not sure were you got your understanding of the Law

PS Carter Paige was was under surveillance not charged with anything aka part of an investigation nor was he accused of a crime

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said they showed the FBI had justified its reasons to surveil Page. "I don't think they did anything wrong," Rubio said, defending investigators. "There was a lot of reasons unrelated to the dossier why they wanted to look at Carter Page."
Old 10-21-2020, 01:37 PM   #138
spence

Quote:
If someone is running a smear campaign against you the last thing I'd do is take a hard position one way or the other.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
If someone is running a smear campaign against you the last thing I'd do is take a hard position one way or the other.
Says who? You don't proclaim your innocence when someone is lying about you?

DO you keep a straight face when typing this crap?
Old 10-21-2020, 04:03 PM   #140
spence

Quote:
Says who? You don't proclaim your innocence when someone is lying about you?
They already did proclaim innocence. But don't give specifics, that could be used against you if you're dealing with really depraved people, as they are.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
They already did proclaim innocence. But don't give specifics, that could be used against you if you're dealing with really depraved people, as they are.
i posted a video of a campaign spokesman saying ‘no one is saying the emails are inauthentic.’
Old 10-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #142
spence

Quote:
i posted a video of a campaign spokesman saying ‘no one is saying the emails are inauthentic.’
Again
Old 10-21-2020, 05:53 PM   #143
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Is Hunter running for President what did I miss?
Old 10-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #144
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’ve lost your job, what do you want to hear about more: Economic policy or Hunter Biden’s laptop?

If you’re worried about getting sick, what do you care about more: A COVID plan or Hunter's laptop?

Covita’s fate will be decided by what he focuses on in tomorrow’s debate.

But the Stable Genius is going with............
Old 10-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #145
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

Rudy knows stuff. Today I learned the proper way to tuck in your shirt....

Sad watching Rudy’s slide the last 5 years or so. Booze is a hell of a drug for some folks...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #146
scottw

the leftists are awfully cranky and defensive...you'd think biden was being accused of running rape trains or something
Old 10-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
How many threads are you going to make this post in?

The anti Trump group here, has expressed a lot of concern the last 4 years, that the Trump family has profited from his position. Yet none of you care the Biden obviously did the same thing.

Either it's OK when they both did it, or it's wrong when they both did it, but it can't be OK for Biden and wrong for Trump. Is that going too fast for you?
Old 10-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you’ve lost your job, what do you want to hear about more: Economic policy or Hunter Biden’s laptop?

So you didn't make any personal anti-Trump attacks, when unemployment was really bad. Because to you, the real issue is getting people back to work, everything else is a distraction to be avoided,

That's what you're saying? Seriously?
Old 10-22-2020, 08:11 AM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Rudy knows stuff. Today I learned the proper way to tuck in your shirt....

Sad watching Rudy’s slide the last 5 years or so. Booze is a hell of a drug for some folks...
In all seriousness, it is sad watching his decline. But none of you can admit Biden's decline?

Anyway, we can forget bout Rudy's role. Just look at the reaction from Bidens team. Have they denied it's Hunters laptop? Have they denied the authenticity of the emails? I posted a video of a Biden campaign spokeswoman, explicitly saying that no one in the Biden camp is saying the emails are inauthentic.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #150
scottw

Quote:
no but the crime boss that enabled and directed him is