Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
DZ

This troubles me as does every sexual assault accusation. Be interesting to see what proof she has that she was assaulted.

He obviously has been painted as someone with unparalleled integrity based on the testimony we've heard about. If it comes down to a
"he said/she said" argument he would prevail (unless of course more women start coming out).

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
This troubles me as does every sexual assault accusation. Be interesting to see what proof she has that she was assaulted.

He obviously has been painted as someone with unparalleled integrity based on the testimony we've heard about. If it comes down to a
"he said/she said" argument he would prevail (unless of course more women start coming out).
He'd prevail in a court of law no question. This is politics. If 1 or 2 senators flip because they don't want to be seen as insensitive to victims, that's all it takes, and that's probably what's behind all this.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I don't know. If they both testify and she comes off as credible it could be enough to derail his appointment. I also found it interesting he said today he wasn't at that party...if a single person fingers him as being there he's likely done.

Generally speaking I don't like things playing out like this bug given how hard the GOP worked to hide his record I guess it's the bed they made. I'd still like some answers on how he went from being deeply in debt to instantly paying off all his bills and buying a nice house in about 12 months just in time for his nomination.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't know. If they both testify and she comes off as credible it could be enough to derail his appointment. I also found it interesting he said today he wasn't at that party...if a single person fingers him as being there he's likely done.

Generally speaking I don't like things playing out like this bug given how hard the GOP worked to hide his record I guess it's the bed they made. I'd still like some answers on how he went from being deeply in debt to instantly paying off all his bills and buying a nice house in about 12 months just in time for his nomination.
"If they both testify and she comes off as credible it could be enough to derail his appointment."

Well she named a "witness" who vehemently denies the event, so there goes much of her credibility. But to you, people who help the accusation will have instant credibility, people who refute the accusation instantly have some ulterior motive. Have you noticed that?

"if a single person fingers him as being there he's likely done.'

Yes, especially if the person who puts him there, is the CEO of Planned Parenthood. Let's let her decide.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and why do the dems care lets be realistic it happen in High school ...

Conservatives dont care!! it does not matter to them .. the guy is on their Team just look at Trump he is a sexual abuser! and they dont care ..the GOP haven't Sailed on the USS morality for decades

Because there is a Statute of Limitations. That and this smells like something fabricated. So at best it comes down to a he said she said.

If there was something today (I don't know if you have kids) and something like this happened to one of yours you would want it followed through and investigated.

Oh, and the GOP surely does not corner the market in Sexual Abusers. It is something bad people do and there is no shortage of either in both parties.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Because there is a Statute of Limitations. That and this smells like something fabricated. So at best it comes down to a he said she said.
Didn't he claimed when asked, that he said he never molested anybody. So if the accusation is true he lied under oath and that should disqualify me. It's going to come down to he said she said as you said.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

that should disqualify me.

OK ...you are disqualified
Old 09-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
OK ...you are disqualified
😁
Old 09-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Didn't he claimed when asked, that he said he never molested anybody. So if the accusation is true he lied under oath and that should disqualify me. It's going to come down to he said she said as you said.
If he did it, he should get the boot. There's no basis to conclude he did it with any certainty. The accuser named one witness to the assault, and the witness vehemently denies seeing any assault.

He has also had six separate background checks done. Tuned up squat.

Her credibility is tainted, and that's putting it mildly. You need something more than he said, she said.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:00 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I'd still like some answers on how he went from being deeply in debt to instantly paying off all his bills and buying a nice house in about 12 months just in time for his nomination.
sounds like Obama up until he became a politician....