Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #61
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Barnes admits his bias, you don't admit yours. Objective analysis and opinion doesn't seem to flow from your supposed "centrist" position.
I can't help it if you color my commentary.

Quote:
The vast left wing media conspiracy thing is a joke . . . an obvious one feeding off of Hillary Clinton's nonsensical "vast right wing conspiracy" which was supposedly serious objectivity.
I don't understand this.

Quote:
His point was, not that juornolist had a vast conspiracy to smear conservatives by calling them racists (ONE of their members suggested it and that may have resulted in shutting the group down), but that they had gotten together as a "group" with the intention of aiding Obama, rather than being traditionally "independant" journalists.

Nice try at misinterpreting Barnes' article.
It's Barnes that is misrepresenting the entire story. Actually, all he's doing reciting an existing non-story and slapping his name on it to stir the pot.

He's trying to push another scandal that doesn't exist. Unless you already hold the opinion that the media is corrupt, there's little in the way of facts to support the claims. Barnes adding that he's now been changed by this new information is just silly drama.

-spence
Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I can't help it if you color my commentary.

The "color" of your commentary exists without my help.

I don't understand this.

The article title referring to a "Vast Left Wing Media Conspiracy" is a tongue in cheek fueled by Hillary Cinton's accusation of a "vast right wing conspiracy."

It's Barnes that is misrepresenting the entire story. Actually, all he's doing reciting an existing non-story and slapping his name on it to stir the pot.

I am not familiar with the existing non-story so have no ground to dispute what you say. What, in Barnes misrepresentation, is untrue?

He's trying to push another scandal that doesn't exist. Unless you already hold the opinion that the media is corrupt, there's little in the way of facts to support the claims. Barnes adding that he's now been changed by this new information is just silly drama.
-spence
I didn't see the "color" or hear the "tone" of "scandal" in Barnes' piece. What he said is either true or it isn't. What do you mean by "little" in the way of facts? How "big" does the way require? The drama could be silly, or funny, or sarcastic, or true, or false. I don't claim to know if what he says is true. You, obviously, have some facts in a big way that what he says is untrue. What are they?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What are they?
All of the "experts" agree with Spence...facts are created and dismissed on a whim, like our President...it's pathalogical at this point...but funny