Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Congratulations

Obama and his regime have reached CRITICAL DUMBASS.

I wish to congratulate your utter stupidity.

EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
buckman

The EPA is out of control. Be it lead paint regulations, wood stove smoke or farmdust. EPA = job killers
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

farm dust.

And we pay these people's salaries?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
FishermanTim

I always wanted to know how they grew dust?

That's like the states that have laws against collecting rainwater, claiming that you're STEALING the governments water, water that is falling from the frickin' sky!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
spence

The EPA has regulated dust for some time, in fact President Bush took a lot of flack for tightening some dust standards which impacted farming.

Federal court upholds EPA's rural dust rule - NYTimes.com

Were you outraged then as well?

-spence
Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

No cuz I liked the EPA back then they had a good boss.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The EPA has regulated dust for some time, in fact President Bush took a lot of flack for tightening some dust standards which impacted farming.

Federal court upholds EPA's rural dust rule - NYTimes.com

Were you outraged then as well?

-spence
Well, you did say that Bush "took a lot of flack."

BTW, this often using Bush's doing something that agrees with "liberals" or environmentalists, or some group or idea that is not, presumably, "conservative," . . . is that supposed to be some kind of validation for those things? Is it somehow supposed to make those who are of a "conservative" bent go . . . OH . . . OK then . . . if Bush did it, it's OK?

Not everything that Bush did makes so-called conservatives happy. Though he may have been preferable to them than someone further to the left of what you call the spectrum, he is still one in the long line of POTUS's that has expanded Federal executive power away from the limited scope that was originally intended. If anything, Bush is evidence to support the idea that the Federal Government is constantly growing at the expense of local government. He may have appointed a couple of SCOTUS Judges that my help to stay or slow that direction. A couple more will be needed. That remains to be seen.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
No cuz I liked the EPA back then they had a good boss.
rotf2:: I should have waited a few minutes longer. I like your answer to Spence better than mine.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
. . . OH . . . OK then . . . if Bush did it, it's OK?

I now view the Bush years through the prism of a frequent Obamaism....it could have been WHOLE lot worse...we could have had Gore or Kerry.....
Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

PETA is going to be pissed....think of the impact this will have on all the Dust Bunnies

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
BTW, this often using Bush's doing something that agrees with "liberals" or environmentalists, or some group or idea that is not, presumably, "conservative," . . . is that supposed to be some kind of validation for those things? Is it somehow supposed to make those who are of a "conservative" bent go . . . OH . . . OK then . . . if Bush did it, it's OK?
Usually I might employ it to counter an assertion that Obama's actions are unprecedented or extraordinarily radical.

Quote:
Not everything that Bush did makes so-called conservatives happy. Though he may have been preferable to them than someone further to the left of what you call the spectrum, he is still one in the long line of POTUS's that has expanded Federal executive power away from the limited scope that was originally intended. If anything, Bush is evidence to support the idea that the Federal Government is constantly growing at the expense of local government. He may have appointed a couple of SCOTUS Judges that my help to stay or slow that direction. A couple more will be needed. That remains to be seen.
I'd agree that many Conservatives were quite unhappy with Bush from his position on immigration or rampant spending to the neocon influence on the post 9/11 response to terrorism.

I think history will look at Bush as a big government president with a belief in a strong Executive Branch. The question is, how did all those GOP Senators and Representatives suddenly go all Tea Party?

What happened?

-spence