Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
FishermanTim

Jamaica Pond Stockings!!!!!!

Why is it that the Mass Wildlife website can't update their trout stocking schedules on a timely basis, like say, by at least 2 weeks after they stock the ponds, but they can get press coverage on the stocking of THE ONLY STOCKED POND IN THE CITY!

And they wonder why people get pi$$ed off that they can't catch any trout in that pi$$-hole.

Let's see, you put in around 1000 fish, you advertise the day that you did it, where you did it, and expect that 1000 fish to survive the season? They'll be lucky to see the end of the month!

In my opinion, the state would do much better wasting our money trying to manage the goose and cormorant problems in this pond than on the trout. That pond USED TO have fantastic fishing, for every level of angler. Now, unless you stalk the stocking truck, you're lucky to catch anything other than small sunnies and perch.

I grew up in that area, and fished it for decades. Now, I won't make the trip there because it's not worth the aggravation.

Sure, there may be some decent gamefish left in that pond, but with the deteriorating quality it's turned from a self-sustained ecosystem to a "put and take" pond that requires constant maintanence.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

So I take it they stocked Jamaca pond.
Time to grab the gear.
Thanks for the heads up

thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Good luck freak. I was tempted at first when they showed the picture of the 20 lb Salmon they put in. I imagine it will be packed.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
JohnnyD

I heard those Salmon taste like catfood. Anyone caught a stocked salmon and tried eating one?
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Canalratt1

Yes depends on where the salmon are from. I caught one a month ago at Peters and it was as red as any store bought or wild and great! I have also had some that were terrible but the meat was white and mushy.

Canalratt1
Canalratt1 is offline   Reply With Quote