Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

View Poll Results: S-B Kayak Meet/Outing, a good idea (if boss man approves)
Yes, it would be a good time,some fishing and maybe some eats, let's do it 15 65.22%
Yes, but just fishing, no eats 1 4.35%
Maybe, depends on where it is 3 13.04%
NO, I have no desire to fish or hangout with any of you 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
S-B Yak Meet, any interest?

Seeing as we have a good handful of kayak fisherpeople, anyone interested in having a meet/outing sometime this season?

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
hulkyj61
The one that got away

I'm in. If we're gonna do it, we gotta do it right, food and all!!!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
hulkyj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
SAXATILUS

Depending on time and place I'd be interested.
SAXATILUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
hooked

Where and when? It might be hard to find a convenient spot though. It seems like we are spread out pretty well over 3 or 4 states.

I like fishing more than I like eating or sleeping.
hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
Don M
Official S-B Sponsor

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you have the event and want to have it ib Rhody/CT you can use the property here at King Cove. Many great launch sites and places to fish near the shop.

Don M

Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
hulkyj61
The one that got away

Thanks Don. That would be a great place for a meet. I hope this thing picks up some steam and we end up doing it.

PS: I like the new website layout!!!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
hulkyj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #7
toddonbi

Sept 22-24th, out here is always an option. The more the merrier, should be a good time with the people that have already agreed to come. Not to mention it'll be hilarious to see that many Yaks out here....first time for everything.

toddonbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
Wee Hooker

I'd be interested depending on location ( and date).
Wee Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

hmmmmm.... Block Island kayak fest.....two weeks after the Cuttyhunk trip...... this could be a very good fall for me!

Tell us more, esp about lodging.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #10
swanny

Smile

Thanks Don. That is a generous offer. Also, If you guys want to have it soon - end of may or early june, colt state park in bristol RI is a great spot. Brand new ramps. Lots of good size fish at that time and a beautiful place - tons of room to have a cookout after. Not quite so far south for the guys up north as king cove and not too far north for conn guys. It's a nice place. Even restroom facilities. After the middle of june there is still fish there but the fishing is tougher and fish generally smaller.

Todd - hows the block island tourney looking? That's going to be a sweet time. I'm really looking forward to it. I love fishing the block. How's the kayak guide business going? I'll be guiding out of sakonnett boat house in Ri this year. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by swanny; 05-12-2006 at 07:53 AM..
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
toddonbi

swanny- after the write up in the Globe I've been getting a couple calls and e-mails a day about the tourney so it should be a good time. I had one call, and I sh@@ you not from a guy that asked what first prize was, he was very bummed to hear that it is about fishing in a wonderfull place and no there will be no big money prizes. I wish I had recorded it...I almost didn't believe my ears when he expressed his views on the matter.
As far as lodging I would recommend Twin Maples because it is right on the pond and depending on the turnout there are several really good options available as well...once I have a better idea of how many are coming I'll start bothering more places that are suitable to fish right-out-of-the-door so to speak. Anyone is welcome to shoot me an e-mail with questions. I have to admit, the look on people's faces when they see many Kayaks bobbing around will be pretty damn funny. It still amazes me that more people that live out here don't go Kayak fishing, there are spots that I fished for 10 years and kept muttering about how i would like to be just over "there."
With the Yak it's borderline hilarious about how upclose and quiet you can get to the fishies.
Well enough daydreaming about Kayak fishing on this rainy day, it seems my 11 month old daughter blew apart yet another diaper.

toddonbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:57 AM   #12
FishHawk

I would be interested. FishHawk
FishHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
RodnGun

I'm very interested.....and I always have to eat!!! Timing is everything though.
RodnGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:50 AM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

bump....

up here in the fall can be very productive. I'll check tides.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #15
Phestaris

Send a message via AIM to Phestaris
I just got my Yak! I would be interested also. I fish boston harbor and would welcome some company (and advice) if anyones interested pm me.

26' SeaCat - Happy Ending
Twin Honda 130s
Yellow Tarpon 120
Yellow Tarpon 160
Boston Harbor and Beyond
Phestaris is offline   Reply With Quote