Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #271
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim your right, nobody draws circles or hurricane path lines like Trump did and if there is a disaster after, he was always there to throw you paper towels.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
here’s the difference between us. I criticized trump all the time. you’re bending over backwards here to protect biden.

here’s a fact for you. every 4 years, during a presidential election year, Gallup does a poll, asking americans if they’re better off today than they were 4 years ago. Gallup did this poll in early 2020, during the pandemic, and a record number of americans said they were better off than 4 years ago. never before had more americans say they were better off. never in the history of that poll. and that was during a pandemic.

America didn’t like trumps behavior, but they liked his policies. this is why the left is absolutely terrified of Desantis. he’s Trump without the disgusting behavior, and that’s going to be very tough to beat. having every rv station except one in your pocket helps obviously.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:09 AM   #272
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
did you really just write that?
he knows he can’t respond to what i’m saying, so he tries to paint me as sean hannity, when he’s the blind partisan here. i give biden credit for getting so many out before it went really bad. that’s not a fox news talking point.

it’s easier for him to lie than admit i have a point, when i say the administration badly bungled the last few days. they’re all exactly the same. there’s no difference between any of them. spence, wdmso, pete, GS, do they ever disagree on anything, ever? even once?
Old 09-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #273
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Navy Declares 5 Missing Sailors Dead After Helicopter Crash

Another tragic event in our military and Families losing love ones while involved in service to their country .. where are the calls for Biden to resign or stating he has blood on his Hands ??? will they be called by Hannity for his nightly outrage so he can exploit their Grief? Because this is an accident its different or just not politically beneficial

we'll see
Because this is an accident its different

see, you managed to figure that all on your own...sort of
Old 09-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #274
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he knows he can’t respond to what i’m saying, so he tries to paint me as sean hannity, when he’s the blind partisan here.
Please don’t start selling pillows.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:22 AM   #275
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Please don’t start selling pillows.
i thought David Hoag was selling your pillows.

Again, i’m pro gay marriage and pro gun control and anti death penalty.

i’ve asked you 50 times, to please name some big issues, on which you completely disagree with liberals?

which one of us is the the thoughtless ideologue? who is the partisan zealot? On what basis is it not you?
Old 09-05-2021, 11:24 AM   #276
Jim in CT

Quote:

comparing a random accident, to 13 deaths that were at least partly a result of having no plan to deal with chaos.

none of them can comment on why biden said on July 13, “it’s not going well.”.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:41 PM   #277
spence

Quote:
iwhich one of us is the the thoughtless ideologue? who is the partisan zealot? On what basis is it not you?
Certianly not me, I don’t even associate as a liberal.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #278
wdmso

Quote:

Are they? ask the parents and families if they really are different..

But you already know the Answer ...

Accidents acceptable Killed in a combat operation outrageous

Classic

Last edited by wdmso; 09-05-2021 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #279
wdmso

Quote:
comparing a random accident, to 13 deaths that were at least partly a result of having no plan to deal with chaos.

none of them can comment on why biden said on July 13, “it’s not going well.”.
Jim as you've done in the past. you have been presented with all that Facts and you just know better .. than the Military who made and executed the plan...
Old 09-05-2021, 03:24 PM   #280
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT;1213583s

you’re not winning this, you don’t have the facts or common sense in your side. i’m not saying you can predict everything. but you have to have some contingencies in place, and they didn’t. 13?americann kids died, partly as a result of that. his approval numbers suggest you’re in the minority.
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
whos trying to win anything I am not curling up in a ball because 13 marines got killed in a suicide attack .. I am not the partisans Hack yelling Biden has blood on his Hands nor I am I comparing you to Hannity... its just disgusting how Conservatives use the Military to push their usual political nonsense.. trust me from the moment that operation started the Right was praying for something Bad to happen on the ground! don't be fooled. and when it did, they pounced .. and if you cant or wont see that. that's on you.. if you cant see the timeline and how even other Countries acknowledge things changed and they also got caught with their pants down.. nothing is perfect or goes 100% to plan

I dont really care what Molton thinks or others like him from the comfort of their offices and arm chairs ... If Americans don't like the price. of our troops in places like afghanistan or Iraq .. don't send them ! there no reset button they all want the freedom without the loss of life its dont work that way.. I guess " freedom isn't free" it only for t shirts or FB memes ..

Because I had an conversation with my Wife. Prior to Going to Iraq as in Infantry Plt SGT leaving her and with our 2 kids 11 and 10 And said if something happens (I get killed )I do not want anyone blaming Bush or the Military or the government !

Because I signed on the dotted line . And I was fulfilling my obligations .

I get upset when our service members die and 1 is always to many but I am realistic in my expectations due to my experiences

And get more upset when political hakes talking heads or actual elected officials use these Tragedies to advance their political agendas
regardless of Party ..

if people do not think the deaths of those Marines weigh on the POTUS and he hasn't or the planners have not asked what could we have done better .. your just deep down a partisan rabbit hole
Old 09-05-2021, 03:45 PM   #281
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Don’t argue common sense from real life experience Wayne, once Jim gets his needle stuck there is no going back.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:59 PM   #282
Jim in CT

Quote:
Don’t argue common sense from real life experience Wayne, once Jim gets his needle stuck there is no going back.
except i’ve changed my mind all the time. other than that, good point.

GS, you’re desperately trying to make me out to be a thoughtless partisan hack. i have shown i think for myself. it’s your side who are one identical monolithic group.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:00 PM   #283
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim as you've done in the past. you have been presented with all that Facts and you just know better .. than the Military who made and executed the plan...
please explain what biden meant, when back in july, he said “it’s not going well.”
Old 09-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #284
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Certianly not me, I don’t even associate as a liberal.
then for the 51st time, please tell us which big issues, you think liberals are 100% wrong on. if there are t any, that means you’re the exact mirror image of sean hannity, which is obviously exactly what you are.

make me wrong. tell me which issues you agree with conservatives in. tell us which right wing presidents you voted for ( i voted for bill clinton twice, and to this day i think he was a pretty good potus).

All you have to do, is pick one major issue.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:32 PM   #285
Pete F.
Canceled

This war cost US $2 trillion and according to cost of war project at Brown university, the cost of interest on Afghan war debt will go up to $6.5 trillion by 2050.
In conclusion: a country got destroyed, people died, central bank and military -industrial complex made trillions.
Some people mad that it’s over, wonder why?
They would gladly have killed another 2500 of our troops for a few billion in profits, Tweety was actually sort of honest about that with his Saudi deal, never mind that the only people involved in 9/11 were Saudis
Old 09-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #286
Jim in CT

Quote:
whos trying to win anything I am not curling up in a ball because 13 marines got killed in a suicide attack .. I am not the partisans Hack yelling Biden has blood on his Hands nor I am I comparing you to Hannity... its just disgusting how Conservatives use the Military to push their usual political nonsense.. trust me from the moment that operation started the Right was praying for something Bad to happen on the ground! don't be fooled. and when it did, they pounced .. and if you cant or wont see that. that's on you.. if you cant see the timeline and how even other Countries acknowledge things changed and they also got caught with their pants down.. nothing is perfect or goes 100% to plan

I dont really care what Molton thinks or others like him from the comfort of their offices and arm chairs ... If Americans don't like the price. of our troops in places like afghanistan or Iraq .. don't send them ! there no reset button they all want the freedom without the loss of life its dont work that way.. I guess " freedom isn't free" it only for t shirts or FB memes ..

Because I had an conversation with my Wife. Prior to Going to Iraq as in Infantry Plt SGT leaving her and with our 2 kids 11 and 10 And said if something happens (I get killed )I do not want anyone blaming Bush or the Military or the government !

Because I signed on the dotted line . And I was fulfilling my obligations .

I get upset when our service members die and 1 is always to many but I am realistic in my expectations due to my experiences

And get more upset when political hakes talking heads or actual elected officials use these Tragedies to advance their political agendas
regardless of Party ..

if people do not think the deaths of those Marines weigh on the POTUS and he hasn't or the planners have not asked what could we have done better .. your just deep down a partisan rabbit hole
i’m not curling up in a ball either. but you’re ignoring the fact that biden admitted that it wasn’t going well, back in july.

i’m part of the right and i wasn’t praying for anything bad. you’re making stupid stereotypes and assumptions. the right is using this for sure, as i said, exactly as the left uses it when a white cop shoots a block person. tell me the left doesn’t use those instances for political gain?

that the right is using it, doesn’t mean biden doesn’t deserve some of the criticism. his approval ratings are in the toilet among independents right now. why is that? most of them dont watch fox news, so they are reaching their conclusions on their own.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #287
Jim in CT

Quote:

I dont really care what Molton thinks or others like him from the comfort of their offices and arm chairs ...
Molton did 4 tours to the middle
east with the Marines. so would
you care to reconsider?

You care about what everyone thinks who agrees with you, and dismiss and insult everyone who disagrees with you. you insult them, because you can’t make them
wrong.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #288
Pete F.
Canceled

I read 14,237 MAGA posts about the 13 US service members killed in Afghanistan. Not one about the 5 Navy sailors who died yesterday. It’s a shame some people feel the need to use some of these tragic deaths for political purposes, while ignoring others.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:32 AM   #289
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I read 14,237 MAGA posts about

Old 09-06-2021, 05:34 AM   #290
Pete F.
Canceled

Irony is deader than a right wing talk radio host.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:14 AM   #291
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
then for the 51st time, please tell us which big issues, you think liberals are 100% wrong on. if there are t any, that means you’re the exact mirror image of sean hannity, which is obviously exactly what you are.

make me wrong. tell me which issues you agree with conservatives in. tell us which right wing presidents you voted for ( i voted for bill clinton twice, and to this day i think he was a pretty good potus).

All you have to do, is pick one major issue.
Well personally getting stuck in the conservative playbook in today’s US ever changing mixed ethnicity, the yearly onslaught of global viruses, the global issues of climate change and the lessons learned by our attempts to insert our Democratic ways globally, means they are just not thinking down the road at all. The irony is look at how many of these Trump and the current Republican leaders don’t adhere to.

An aversion to rapid change; a belief that tradition and prevailing social norms often contain within them handed-down wisdom; and mistrust of attempts to remake society so that it conforms to an abstract account of what would be just or efficient.

A desire to preserve the political philosophy and rules of government articulated in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

A belief that it is imperative to preserve traditional morality, as it is articulated in the Bible, through cultural norms.

A belief that it is imperative to preserve traditional morality, as it is articulated in the Bible, using cultural norms and the power of the state.

An embrace of free-market capitalism, and a belief in the legitimacy of market outcomes.

A belief that America is an exceptional nation, a shining city on a hill, whose rightful role is leader of the free world.

A belief that America should export its brand of democracy through force of arms.

The conviction that government should undertake, on behalf of the American polity, grand projects that advance our “national greatness” and ennoble our characters.

An embrace of localism, community and family ties, human scale, and a responsibility to the future.

A belief that America shouldn’t intervene in the affairs of other nations except to defend ourselves from aggression and enforce contracts and treaties.

A desire to return to the way things once were.

Affinity for, identification with, or embrace of Red America’s various cultural cues. (For example, gun ownership, a preference for single-family homes oriented around highways rather than urban enclaves organized around public transit, embrace of country music, disdain for arugula and fancy mustard, etc.)

Disdain for American liberalism, multiculturalism, identity politics, affirmative action, welfare, European-style social policies, and the left and its ideas generally.

A desire to be left alone by government, often coupled with a belief that being left alone is a natural right.

A principled belief in federalism.

The belief that taxes should be lower and government smaller.

The belief that the national debt and deficits put America in peril.

The belief that whenever possible, government budgets should be balanced.

Consciousness of the fallibility of man, and an awareness of the values of skepticism, doubt, and humility.

Realism in foreign policy.

Non-interventionism in foreign policy.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #292
wdmso

Quote:
Molton did 4 tours to the middle
east with the Marines. so would
you care to reconsider?

You care about what everyone thinks who agrees with you, and dismiss and insult everyone who disagrees with you. you insult them, because you can’t make them
wrong.
Yes Jim , and if molten was on that air field he would have done what the commanders did . Carried out the mission .. he wasn’t but he didn’t blame Biden did for the death of those marines and no one is claiming it went according to plan. The plan changed … anything thing Else is Monday morning quarterbacking. Even if he did 4 tours no as a general
Old 09-06-2021, 08:12 AM   #293
scottw

Quote:

Well personally.........
^^ wow...did you come up with all of that out of your very own little brain?
Old 09-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #294
scottw

Quote:
Yes Jim , and if molten was on that air field he would have done what the commanders did . Carried out the mission .. he wasn’t but he didn’t blame Biden did for the death of those marines and no one is claiming it went according to plan. The plan changed … anything thing Else is Monday morning quarterbacking. Even if he did 4 tours no as a general
that's interesting....I know it only matters when liberals get a bunch of experts and formers to demand stuff..but just for the record
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8271.PNG
Views:	131
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	68325  
Old 09-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #295
wdmso

Quote:
i’m not curling up in a ball either. but you’re ignoring the fact that biden admitted that it wasn’t going well, back in july.

i’m part of the right and i wasn’t praying for anything bad. you’re making stupid stereotypes and assumptions. the right is using this for sure, as i said, exactly as the left uses it when a white cop shoots a block person. tell me the left doesn’t use those instances for political gain?

that the right is using it, doesn’t mean biden doesn’t deserve some of the criticism. his approval ratings are in the toilet among independents right now. why is that? most of them dont watch fox news, so they are reaching their conclusions on their own.
Jim Biden is getting a ton of criticism from many different people CNN is all over him as are fox and Newmax

But the latter networks are parading these dead marines around hero’s and martyrs calling Biden a murder

Tammy Bruce exposes Biden presidency failures: His lies ‘get people murdered’ wanting to dismantle capitalism, demonizing our police, indoctrinating school children – it's all the fruit of the same poisonous leftist tree.

These are the type of Republicans or the right that I am referring to taking what happened in Afghanistan and just spewing this nonsense as if we never had a Republican POTUS

Even Graham has jumped on the we’re going back to Afghanistan to fight the califate Aka evil Islam.. why because it works on their scared voters who are convinced they are threatened by black brown liberals Muslim legal illegals immigrants.. forgot now election are rigged against them.. the old Republicans are dead or called Rinos

Where do you fall?

Ps a cop killing an unarmed black or minority is not the same as people being killed by an suicide bomber

Like antifa and BLM protest and riots are not the same as Jan 6th
Old 09-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #296
scottw

Quote:

tell me the left doesn’t use those instances for political gain?

pretty sure this has never happened...ever....definitely not!
Old 09-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #297
scottw

Quote:

Like antifa and BLM protest and riots are not the same as Jan 6th

what is the difference between trying to burn down a federal courthouse with police and federal officers inside and... trespassing in the Capitol?

just curious?
Old 09-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #298
wdmso

Quote:
that's interesting....I know it only matters when liberals get a bunch of experts and formers to demand stuff..but just for the record

Funny I saw that posted by conservatives all ready go figure ,

Do you have a point? Or now are conservatives believing generals only when they agree with them Out of those Generals how many were in Afghanistan in the 20 years and what roll did they play creating the mess call Afghanistan

Took all of 1 google search to find similar open letters

More than 200 retired generals, admirals endorse Biden, including some who served under Trump

Dozens of Retired Generals, Admirals Sign Letter Backing Trump for Reelection
Old 09-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #299
scottw

Quote:

Funny I saw that posted by conservatives all ready go figure ,

Do you have a point? Or now are conservatives believing generals only when they agree with them Out of those Generals how many were in Afghanistan in the 20 years and what roll did they play creating the mess call Afghanistan

Took all of 1 google search to find similar open letters

More than 200 retired generals, admirals endorse Biden, including some who served under Trump

Dozens of Retired Generals, Admirals Sign Letter Backing Trump for Reelection
if you read what I wrote I'm pretty sure I covered everything and I'm not surprised you and pete are closely monitoring conservative chatter on the internets....

keep up the good work! maybe you and pete could combine bunkers and be more effective as a team?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #300
wdmso

Quote:
if you read what I wrote I'm pretty sure I covered everything and I'm not surprised you and pete are closely monitoring conservative chatter on the internets....

keep up the good work! maybe you and pete could combine bunkers and be more effective as a team?
It seems a Pete and I actually do some research on what’s being said to people on these none traditional news outlets it tends to be very eye opening, at what lengths these Republicans elected officials will lie and instigate their base to keep them well feed in their daily outrage

From today’s headline

400-Person Migrant Caravan Gathers in Mexico for Trek to US

1st comment Biden refuses to protect the American people from hordes of illegal immigrants. Biden is a traitor