Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-03-2021, 12:21 PM   #241
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just what is Sharia Law?
In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its human scholarly interpretations.

Do many white evangelical Christians believe the Bible is the ultimate law by which to govern? And that it supersedes any law written by Man.

If there was a conflict between God’s law and Man’s law, a Christian would be advised to keep God’s Law. It would be better to go to jail than to rot in Hell. — Truthinlove.com

God said it. I believe it. That settles it.

In the Moral Majority’s founding treatise, they were very clear in their belief that God’s law trumps Man’s law, a Christian form of Sharia law. To them, it was imperative to highjack every means of forcing Man’s law to mirror God’s law with patience (they have been at this for over forty years), surgical political strategies (Citizens United, gerrymandering), and utter ruthlessness (encouraging conspiracy theories and sedition from the pulpit.)
This is why so many white evangelicals justify voting for Donald Trump. After almost forty years, their goal of making the United States a theocracy ruled by God’s law was within reach. Because of Mitch McConnell’s block of judicial confirmations in the United States Senate, federal judicial benches around the country sat vacant. With a transactionally conservative President, a takeover of the liberal federal judiciary was within reach, not only to overturn Roe v Wade, but to enact a raft of Bible-based nationwide legislation. Trump further validated evangelical Christians by elevating one to vice-president; he never questioned their candidates for federal judicial appointments; and he paid lip service to their importance.
you left out one salient difference. In places with Sharia law, how tolerant are they of people who don't feel inclined to live that way? How many people are being brutalized by born again christians in america at the moment?

"This is why so many white evangelicals justify voting for Donald Trump"

They voted for Trump because (1) they like Mike Pence, and (2) Trump was the best friend to the unborn, that has ever been in the White House.

Youre still a fanatic I see.

"Do many white evangelical Christians believe the Bible is the ultimate law by which to govern?"

No. Not even close. Who is calling for a Christian theocracy? Nobody. Are you feeling OK?
Old 09-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #242
Pete F.
Canceled

“Over the last 72 hours, I have received multiple death threats and thousands upon thousands of emails from Christians saying the nastiest and most vulgar things I have ever heard toward my family and ministry. I have been labeled a coward, sellout, a traitor to the Holy Spirit, and cussed out at least 500 times.”

This is the beginning of a Facebook post from Sunday by the conservative preacher Jeremiah Johnson. On Jan. 7, the day after the storming of the Capitol, Johnson issued a public apology, asserting that God removed Donald Trump from office because of his pride and arrogance, and to humble those, like Johnson, who had fervently supported him.

The response was swift and vicious. As he wrote in that later Facebook post, “I have been flabbergasted at the barrage of continued conspiracy theories being sent every minute our way and the pure hatred being unleashed. To my great heartache, I’m convinced parts of the prophetic/charismatic movement are far SICKER than I could have ever dreamed of.”

This is what is happening inside evangelical Christianity and within conservatism right now. As a conservative Christian friend of mine put it, there is strife within every family, within every congregation, and it may take generations to recover.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #243
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we also saw the transcript of a call between biden and the afghan president, where biden said it wasn’t going well.
That's not what he said.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #244
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's not what he said.
the hell it isn’t.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-03-2021, 01:36 PM   #245
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's not what he said.
he also said today, that his 3.5 trillion spending bill “will ease inflationary concerns.”. Can you explain to me how federal government spending 3.5 trillion will reduce inflation? because i’ve always assumed inflation happens when there’s too much money out there.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #246
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Got Stripers said any idiot would have seen it coming. i guess that’s too high of a hurdle for Biden.
Twisted my words to suit your narrative, how GOP of you.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:16 PM   #247
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
he also said today, that his 3.5 trillion spending bill “will ease inflationary concerns.”. Can you explain to me how federal government spending 3.5 trillion will reduce inflation? because i’ve always assumed inflation happens when there’s too much money out there.
Looks like he's found another use for some of the money spent in Afghanistan, this guy would agree

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #248
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Twisted my words to suit your narrative, how GOP of you.
Here are your exact posts on this thread, your exact words ("exact" means no twisting) describing the withdrawal...

"Your an idiot Jim if you think evacuating service members or civilians from a war, that SHOULD never have been extended beyond the mission it started on, is anything but messy."

"what Jim are you so stupid to think that in evacuation from a war zone, in a tribal Muslim country, it would go as promised"

So in your own words, (1) you'd have to be an idiot to fail to foresee that it would get messy. And (2) you'd have to be stupid to think things would go according to plan.

So what was Biden's strategy to deal with things when they got messy? What was the alternative plan to deal with the inevitable (your words) mess?

Or am I twisting your words, somehow?

See, I think you don't know the difference between my "twisting" your words, and my "using your words to club you like a baby seal".

Because according to your two statements there, the only conclusion is that Biden is stupid and an idiot. Using your barometer, your standards. Because there was no plan other than to hope things stayed stable at Kabul.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:26 PM   #249
spence

Quote:
the hell it isn’t.
It's not. Biden was saying that they had a stronger army but because of a lack of PR essentially some were concerned they weren't doing as well.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #250
spence

Quote:
Yea, because that communist organization Moody's said so.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:34 PM   #251
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Here are your exact posts on this thread, your exact words ("exact" means no twisting) describing the withdrawal...

"Your an idiot Jim if you think evacuating service members or civilians from a war, that SHOULD never have been extended beyond the mission it started on, is anything but messy."

"what Jim are you so stupid to think that in evacuation from a war zone, in a tribal Muslim country, it would go as promised"

So in your own words, (1) you'd have to be an idiot to fail to foresee that it would get messy. And (2) you'd have to be stupid to think things would go according to plan.

So what was Biden's strategy to deal with things when they got messy? What was the alternative plan to deal with the inevitable (your words) mess?

Or am I twisting your words, somehow?

See, I think you don't know the difference between my "twisting" your words, and my "using your words to club you like a baby seal".

Because according to your two statements there, the only conclusion is that Biden is stupid and an idiot. Using your barometer, your standards. Because there was no plan other than to hope things stayed stable at Kabul.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.
Easy to do just read your supposed quote vs my exact words, I called you the idiot, never implied anything other than a competent commander would understand getting out of a war, especially in that part of the world would be messy. Good twist of the words to suit your narrative, try harder I’m pretty sure your the only one getting that from my original post.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #252
Jim in CT

Quote:
Easy to do just read your supposed quote vs my exact words, I called you the idiot, never implied anything other than a competent commander would understand getting out of a war, especially in that part of the world would be messy. Good twist of the words to suit your narrative, try harder I’m pretty sure your the only one getting that from my original post.
my "supposed" quote? Those aren't your exact words?

OK, I'm an idiot for not predicting that things would go south. But you don't criticize Biden for not anticipating things going south.

"a competent commander would understand getting out of a war, especially in that part of the world would be messy."

Obviously, Biden didn't expect it would be messy. Because there was no plan to deal with the mess. He sent those 20 year old privates into a perfectly designed kill zone for a suicide bomber. What could be an easier target for a suicide bomber?
Old 09-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #253
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's not. Biden was saying that they had a stronger army but because of a lack of PR essentially some were concerned they weren't doing as well.
Biden's exact words from his call to the president of Afghanistan.

"things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,"

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclus...on-2021-08-31/

WTF are you talking about? The Taliban had better PR than the Afghan military, you think that’s what the problem was?

as GS said, and stupid idiot ( except Biden) should have known it would get messy, should have known it would t go according to plan. But we had no way of dealing with that, because that’s what happens when your president is a 78 year old Alzheimer’s patient and your Pentagon leadership is too busy worrying about diversity to have time to plan for contingencies in the battlefield.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #254
Pete F.
Canceled

No plan?
Now the US military doesn't plan?

‘In a country with millions of people and cars going everywhere, the enemy is going to get a car bomb out there once in awhile.’

https://lieber.westpoint.edu/afghani...on-operations/

https://www.jcs.mil/Doctrine/DOCNET/...on-Operations/

https://news.usni.org/2021/08/17/afg...ation-missions

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #255
Pete F.
Canceled

In much of the call, Biden focused on what he called the Afghan government’s “perception” problem. “I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

Biden told Ghani that if Afghanistan’s prominent political figures were to give a press conference together, backing a new military strategy, “that will change perception, and that will change an awful lot I think.”

The American leader’s words indicated he didn’t anticipate the massive insurrection and collapse to come 23 days later. “We are going to continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically, economically, to make sure your government not only survives, but is sustained and grows,” said Biden.

SECOND CALL WITH TOP STAFF

In a follow-up call later that day that did not include the U.S. president, Biden’s National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan, General Mark Milley and U.S. Central Command commander General Frank McKenzie spoke to Ghani. Reuters also obtained a transcript of that call.

In this call, too, an area of focus was the global perception of events on the ground in Afghanistan. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Ghani “the perception in the United States, in Europe and the media sort of thing is a narrative of Taliban momentum, and a narrative of Taliban victory. And we need to collectively demonstrate and try to turn that perception, that narrative around.”

“I do not believe time is our friend here. We need to move quickly,” McKenzie added.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2021, 03:22 PM   #256
spence

Quote:

"WTF are you talking about stupid idiot."
Understand?
Old 09-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #257
wdmso

Jim I guess Biden should just say it was a perfect phone call..

Then maybe you’ll believe him . It worked last time?
Old 09-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #258
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No plan?
Now the US military doesn't plan?

‘In a country with millions of people and cars going everywhere, the enemy is going to get a car bomb out there once in awhile.’

https://lieber.westpoint.edu/afghani...on-operations/

https://www.jcs.mil/Doctrine/DOCNET/...on-Operations/

https://news.usni.org/2021/08/17/afg...ation-missions
This has already been covered. but Jim thinks Biden has Trumps sharpie and made the plan. He needs to look up a thing called Commanders intent. To even begin to understand military planning .. but as I have said imaginary out comes work better for Republicans and conservatives . They can disregard Facts and Truths easier …

400k Americans dead from COVID under Trump no screams from the Maga universe about blood on his hands and he should resign?

But 13 marines die getting 120 thousand people out of harms way and their outraged ?

And now many of the unvaccinated are dying because the were sold another lie by their leaders .. inspired by the imaginary
Old 09-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #259
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

"things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,"

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclus...on-2021-08-31/

WTF are you talking about? The Taliban had better PR than the Afghan military, you think that’s what the problem was?

as GS said, and stupid idiot ( except Biden) should have known it would get messy, should have known it would t go according to plan. But we had no way of dealing with that, because that’s what happens when your president is a 78 year old Alzheimer’s patient and your Pentagon leadership is too busy worrying about diversity to have time to plan for contingencies in the battlefield.
I swear you can’t get past your parties talking points, knowing getting out of a 20 year war to honor an agreement by the previous administration and your own campaign promise is likely to get messy and trying to plan for completely unforeseen circumstances (like the Afghans rolling over and everyone else giving the Talaban a free pass) is another thing. Come on Jim if you think Trump could have done better well you really are an idiot, getting out that many people with so little loss of life, takes belief and confidence in your advisors and military leaders; Trump believed he was smarter than them all. Spin my comments any way you like, war is messy, getting out of one is messier, but if you think orange man could do better, get him elected if he runs and we can watch him burn democracy down.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #260
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim I guess Biden should just say it was a perfect phone call..

Then maybe you’ll believe him . It worked last time?
i don’t know what you’re saying. but during that call, biden said that the fighting with the taliban wasnt going well. but he told america it was all ok.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #261
Jim in CT

Quote:
I swear you can’t get past your parties talking points, knowing getting out of a 20 year war to honor an agreement by the previous administration and your own campaign promise is likely to get messy and trying to plan for completely unforeseen circumstances (like the Afghans rolling over and everyone else giving the Talaban a free pass) is another thing. Come on Jim if you think Trump could have done better well you really are an idiot, getting out that many people with so little loss of life, takes belief and confidence in your advisors and military leaders; Trump believed he was smarter than them all. Spin my comments any way you like, war is messy, getting out of one is messier, but if you think orange man could do better, get him elected if he runs and we can watch him burn democracy down.
i was pro gay marriage 20 years ago, anti death penalty, pro gun control’. and i hated trump. want to claim again that i’m the one who can’t think for himself?

Seth Moultin is a progressive, liberal
democrat congressman from Mass who said Biden’s execution was a “F—-i g disaster and avoidable.”. is he just a fox news puppet?

just because i’m destroying you here, doesn’t mean i’m a lemming.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #262
Jim in CT

Quote:
This has already been covered. but Jim thinks Biden has Trumps sharpie and made the plan. He needs to look up a thing called Commanders intent. To even begin to understand military planning .. but as I have said imaginary out comes work better for Republicans and conservatives . They can disregard Facts and Truths easier …

400k Americans dead from COVID under Trump no screams from the Maga universe about blood on his hands and he should resign?

But 13 marines die getting 120 thousand people out of harms way and their outraged ?

And now many of the unvaccinated are dying because the were sold another lie by their leaders .. inspired by the imaginary
i know Biden didn’t craft the plan, he couldn’t draw a circle in a piece of paper. but the buck stops with him. you disagree?

so i guess your logos is that only republicans presidents are responsible for bad results on their watch.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #263
scottw

Quote:

I swear you can’t get past your parties talking points

did you really just write that?
Old 09-04-2021, 08:35 AM   #264
Pete F.
Canceled

When a CIA operation captured Baradar on Obama's watch, I remember Fox & Friends whining that he wasn't immediately executed.

Trump & Pompeo let him out, had him flown to Qatar on a G5 and inked the US withdrawal deal with a direct call with Trump. Now he runs Afghanistan. CRICKETS from the lemming
Old 09-04-2021, 08:43 AM   #265
wdmso

Quote:
i know Biden didn’t craft the plan, he couldn’t draw a circle in a piece of paper. but the buck stops with him. you disagree?

so i guess your logos is that only republicans presidents are responsible for bad results on their watch.
Yes Jim the POTUS is responsible but I find it odd that Republicans now want to Hold Biden to a standard they wouldn’t even hold Trump to.. I know I used the term capt of the ship a few time..
But I am objective enough to understand Biden didn’t kill those marines their leadership didn’t kill those marines a suicide bomber killed those marines , and I understand a mass casualties event like that is horrific, for the Nation and their families, but it’s no less painful 1 at a time but Americans don’t see or hear about those sacrifices.. but this faux outrage about Biden got blood on his hand is just classic outrage machine ..

Yet The right won’t call them cowards ! (Afghan army )they are the reason the withdrawal turned into what we saw , and the reason why the Taliban has all that nice equipment.. but it’s easier for MAGA and Republicans to blame Biden than actually looking at the big picture and blame the Afghan army who many Americans lost their live defending them and Training them to fight .. we didn’t bail on Afghans Afghans bailed themselves. And now the reap what the sow..

so now the right has moved on to the fear mongers they are ! that Biden’s bring in terrorist ! their all un vetted

2 months ago it was people crossing the border was the cause of the Covid 19 spikes in the country not the unvaccinated

Or passing laws with citizens enforcing Aka law suits. So much for tort reform.

Let’s see what’s the next outrage is ? another electrical grid failure in a red State suddenly becomes the governments fault

Last edited by wdmso; 09-04-2021 at 09:04 AM..
Old 09-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #266
wdmso

Quote:
i don’t know what you’re saying. but during that call, biden said that the fighting with the taliban wasnt going well. but he told america it was all ok.
Is that they only part you read ? Where the rest of the conversation?

Like I said you’re unable or unwilling to see the big picture or in this case the entirety of the phone call.. because as we know context means a lot ..

Here an idea lets just do what was done all the time here when Trump said something and what he said was always defended claiming it was just hyperbole .
Old 09-04-2021, 01:31 PM   #267
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Jim your right, nobody draws circles or hurricane path lines like Trump did and if there is a disaster after, he was always there to throw you paper towels.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:49 PM   #268
wdmso

Navy Declares 5 Missing Sailors Dead After Helicopter Crash

Another tragic event in our military and Families losing love ones while involved in service to their country .. where are the calls for Biden to resign or stating he has blood on his Hands ??? will they be called by Hannity for his nightly outrage so he can exploit their Grief? Because this is an accident its different or just not politically beneficial

we'll see

Last edited by wdmso; 09-04-2021 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-05-2021, 07:54 AM   #269
wdmso

Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr show on Sunday, Gen Sir Nick was asked how the predictions had been wrong.
"I think everybody got it wrong is the straight answer," he said. "Even the Taliban didn't expect things to change as quickly as they did.
"I don't think we realised quite what the Taliban were up to. They weren't really fighting for the cities they eventually captured, they were negotiating for them. And I think you'll find a lot of money changed hands as they managed to buy off those who might have fought for them."
The chief of defence staff added: "I don't think what anybody predicted was how fragile that Afghan government was and how fragile it was in relation to the command of its armed forces."

I doubt the Brits are trying to cover for Biden ..
Old 09-05-2021, 08:40 AM   #270
Jim in CT

Quote:
Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr show on Sunday, Gen Sir Nick was asked how the predictions had been wrong.
"I think everybody got it wrong is the straight answer," he said. "Even the Taliban didn't expect things to change as quickly as they did.
"I don't think we realised quite what the Taliban were up to. They weren't really fighting for the cities they eventually captured, they were negotiating for them. And I think you'll find a lot of money changed hands as they managed to buy off those who might have fought for them."
The chief of defence staff added: "I don't think what anybody predicted was how fragile that Afghan government was and how fragile it was in relation to the command of its armed forces."

I doubt the Brits are trying to cover for Biden ..
read the transcript of what biden said on july 23. “it’s not going well.”. I’ll take what biden said over what a Brit said who we’ve never heard of.

and GS said only a “stupid idiot” would expect this withdrawal to not get messy. only a “stupid idiot” would think it would
go according to plan. doesn’t that mean you have a backup plan?

For every person you quote to support your side, i can quote someone to support my side.

Massachusetts congressman Seth Moulton is a very liberal democrat from Mass, and he said it was a “fu—-ng disaster” and that it was “preventable.”

is he lying for political
reasons? he also did 4 tours with the marines

you’re not winning this, you don’t have the facts or common sense in your side. i’m not saying you can predict everything. but you have to have some contingencies in place, and they didn’t. 13?americann kids died, partly as a result of that. his approval numbers suggest you’re in the minority.