Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden tanks in polls

poll done by Quinnipiac, known to be fairly accurate.

Outside of the partisan diehards, Biden doesn’t have a lot of fans.

2024 is a long, long way off, and other than covid, people
won’t remember much of what’s driving this poll. But it shows the liberal diehards here, are in the minority.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-national-poll
Old 10-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
poll done by Quinnipiac, known to be fairly accurate.

Outside of the partisan diehards, Biden doesn’t have a lot of fans.

2024 is a long, long way off, and other than covid, people
won’t remember much of what’s driving this poll. But it shows the liberal diehards here, are in the minority.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-national-poll
When you average the recent polls Biden is just over 44%, Trump at this point was just over 38%. Considering the rise of the Delta variant, the freak out over the Afghanistan withdrawal, Haiti border issue and Dem senators gumming up the works he's still looking pretty decent all things considered.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
When you average the recent polls Biden is just over 44%, Trump at this point was just over 38%. Considering the rise of the Delta variant, the freak out over the Afghanistan withdrawal, Haiti border issue and Dem senators gumming up the works he's still looking pretty decent all things considered.
and when jake tapper at CNN says his polling is “brutal”, he’s just being a right wing hack.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-07-2021, 02:38 AM   #4
scottw

[QUOTE=

he's still looking pretty decent all things considered.

[/QUOTE]

One of the more amusing things ever written here……
Old 10-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
One of the more amusing things ever written here……
he’s rolling, actually.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #6
Nebe

I’d rather have a poorly polling president as opposed to a hate mongering, angry tweeting, fascist leaning cheato-dust stained bafoon who if re-elected will make revenge on his opponents his number one priority.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I’d rather have a poorly polling president as opposed to a hate mongering, angry tweeting, fascist leaning cheato-dust stained bafoon who if re-elected will make revenge on his opponents his number one priority.
👆👆👆

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Trump was a fascist? do you know what a fascist is? what kind of fascist would allow CNN and MSNBC to talk about him the way they did?

Trump is a lot of really bad things. he’s not remotely fascist.

whew.

It’s your side who punishes and cancels those who disagree.

Where on earth did you get “fascist”?

Conservatives get booted from social media, and are now called domestic terrorists for making sure school boards don’t harm their children, in schools they are paying for.

By the way, attorney general garland, who is asking the DOJ to treat those who oppose critical race theory as domestic terrorists, has a daughter and son in law who started a company, which sells critical race theory material
to schools. so if you stand in the way of Garlands family getting rich, he’ll send the feds after you. THAT is fascism.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:45 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
By the way, attorney general garland, who is asking the DOJ to treat those who oppose critical race theory as domestic terrorists, has a daughter and son in law who started a company, which sells critical race theory material
to schools. so if you stand in the way of Garlands family getting rich, he’ll send the feds after you. THAT is fascism.
This isn’t true Jim.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
This isn’t true Jim.
(1) you provided nothing.

(2) in the other thread, you first said Warren was never involved with foreclosures, then admitted she was,

(3) his daughter married the co founder of Panorama. It’s reported They sell critical race theory materials to public schools.

Is it wrong for parents ( who elect school board members and who pay for schools) to question things they don’t like?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-facebook/amp/
Old 10-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
This isn’t true Jim.
Then why are the Feds getting involved in local City/Town issues?

Inquiring minds want to know

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-07-2021, 10:30 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Then why are the Feds getting involved in local City/Town issues?

Inquiring minds want to know
Because the National School Boards Association pleaded with Biden to help with the significant recent spike in violence and threats to school board members and teachers.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. It belittles Hitler.
One was a psychopath who believed his raving rants. The other is a con man.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Biden’s polling at 38%.

But Trump!!!!!!!!!!’
Old 10-07-2021, 09:44 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

In 2016 John McNeill, a professor of history at Georgetown University, looked at the Trump campaign and compared it to some typical fascist indicators.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...mula-for-that/
At that time he judged that Trump could only be awarded 26 out of a possible 44 points. Puts him behind Franco and Salazar.
Given his behavior since he could easily get another 10.
Purging the party alone gets him 3
Old 10-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

What an awful person, from the WAPO
We located 25 real estate transactions in the Oklahoma City area related to Warren’s family and 21 mortgage loans made by Warren to her family members. We found only four transactions involving foreclosure property, two made under Warren’s name. Most of the transactions took place in the 1990s and early 2000s, with Warren’s last loan being made in 2007.

Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?

Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?

Attending public meetings and voicing your opinion is your right.
One would hope that people’s opinions are based on more than the latest things they saw on TV.
Like Merrick Garlands son in law’s business
Old 10-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What an awful person, from the WAPO
We located 25 real estate transactions in the Oklahoma City area related to Warren’s family and 21 mortgage loans made by Warren to her family members. We found only four transactions involving foreclosure property, two made under Warren’s name. Most of the transactions took place in the 1990s and early 2000s, with Warren’s last loan being made in 2007.

Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?

Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?

Attending public meetings and voicing your opinion is your right.
One would hope that people’s opinions are based on more than the latest things they saw on TV.
Like Merrick Garlands son in law’s business
"Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?"

Why would merely "using a bank" make her a hypocrite?

Try to follow along here...Warren attacked banks for benefitting from foreclosures, yet she also (as you and Spence both stated) benefitted from foreclosures. Why is it OK when she does it, but wrong when someone else does it?

DO you understand the difference between "using a bank", and "profiting from foreclosures"? Those are very different things, but given your breathtaking ignorance of how the economy works, we're not surprised that you are equating/confusing two very different things.

"Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?"

Where did I say the "data analytics program" teaches CRT? I said Panorama sells CRT material to schools. Why would selling analytics software, and selling CRT material, be mutually exclusive? Why can't they do both? I also said it's reported that they provide surveys to schools that ask kids about sexual preferences, and some parents are also upset about that.

Please explain why a company that sells data analytics services, can't also provide CRT materials or sexual preference surveys? I see neither you nor Spence have provided anything to suggest that Panorama isn't doing those things.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Try to follow along here...Warren attacked banks for benefitting from foreclosures, yet she also (as you and Spence both stated) benefitted from foreclosures. Why is it OK when she does it, but wrong when someone else does it?
JIM>>>ILLEGAL FORECLOSURES - You like to insult everyone for being thick when you are the THICKEST

Quote:
Where did I say the "data analytics program" teaches CRT? I said Panorama sells CRT material to schools. Why would selling analytics software, and selling CRT material, be mutually exclusive? Why can't they do both? I also said it's reported that they provide surveys to schools that ask kids about sexual preferences, and some parents are also upset about that.

Please explain why a company that sells data analytics services, can't also provide CRT materials or sexual preference surveys? I see neither you nor Spence have provided anything to suggest that Panorama isn't doing those things.
I've not read anywhere that they sell CRT materials. They do have a philosophy of equality which right-wingers are automatically equating to CRT because it's a current fake outrage issue.

Seriously, with the right wing outlets pushing anti-mast, anti-vac and CRT is everywhere and going to make our kids hate themselves it's no wonder so may are having a conniption.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
JIM>>>ILLEGAL FORECLOSURES - You like to insult everyone for being thick when you are the THICKEST

I've not read anywhere that they sell CRT materials. They do have a philosophy of equality which right-wingers are automatically equating to CRT because it's a current fake outrage issue.

Seriously, with the right wing outlets pushing anti-mast, anti-vac and CRT is everywhere and going to make our kids hate themselves it's no wonder so may are having a conniption.
on the foreclosure issue…

first, you said she didn’t flip
any foreclosures.

then, you admitted she did, but defended her because she held the foreclosures for a few months ( no clue why that matters)

now you say she only chastised banks for breaking the law.

you’re making stuff up from every angle, hoping something sticks.

i insult pete because he’s a rotten person. going after people’s
kids and dinging up someone’s wife’s illness, you have no issue when he does that. because he’s a lefty. but when i insult him, you suddenly care about civility.

selective principles are fake principles, spence.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #20
spence

Quote:

any foreclosures.

then, you admitted she did, but defended her because she held the foreclosures for a few months ( no clue why that matters)

kids and dinging up someone’s wife’s illness, you have no issue when he does that. because he’s a lefty. but when i insult him, you suddenly care about civility.

God, if you're really this dense I can't help you.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:26 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

any foreclosures.

Anything that conflicts with your worldview is a lie, liberals are bad, hypocrites, blah blah

You’ve never answered my question
Are you a teenage girl or are you just playing one on the internet?

Sad, sad man?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Do you think she should have been able to use banks without being a hypocrite?"

Why would merely "using a bank" make her a hypocrite?

DO you understand the difference between "using a bank", and "profiting from foreclosures"? Those are very different things, but given your breathtaking ignorance of how the economy works, we're not surprised that you are equating/confusing two very different things.

"Just how does a data analytics program teach critical race theory?"

They provide data analytics to schools
Not curriculum materials
Once again you mindlessly repeat what you’re told

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

The new Republican American way

People outside Sarasota Sch Bd member Shirley Brown’s house tonight: “We see you in there, Shirley. We want you to come out for a redress of grievances. This is the line we will die on. Shirley, come out. We have some questions and we have demands that need to be met.”
Old 10-07-2021, 11:13 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

On the same day a violent mob of Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, the Department of Homeland Security received a damning internal report about its intelligence operations targeting racial justice protesters in Portland last summer.

It outlines how senior leadership pushed unfounded conspiracies about antifascists, encouraged staff to violate constitutional rights, and made spurious connections between protesters who engaged in criminal activity.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Not sure of the exact number but it's now a serious nation wide phenomenon. It also certainly could be a federal issue if federal laws are being broken. The definition of a domestic terrorist under the Patriot Act is very broad and certainly could apply to some of the more violent offenders, violation of federal mail statutes etc...
Civil libertarians and Democrats hated the Patriot Act. It was considered a federal threat to American civil rights. Now even the left can use it to federally control those citizens in situations that local government was constitutionally given the exclusive right to do so.

If the people of this country keep acting up in ways the Progressive centralized government power seekers don't like or are threatened by, they may very well, if we elect enough of them, take their foot out of the opening between the door and the constitutional wall that protects Americans from over-arching federal power and just bust the door and wall wide open with more "very broad" Acts.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Most of them took public transportation home, and probably picked up take-out from Applebee’s on the way.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

"People gathered all over the country last year to protest the violent murder by the police of an unarmed man -- some of those protests became violent," Judge Chutkan said in a sentencing hearing. "But to compare the actions of people protesting mostly peacefully for civil rights to those of a violent mob seeking to overthrow the lawfully elected government is a false equivalency and ignores the very real danger that the Jan. 6 riot posed to the foundation of our democracy."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Dead is dead, if it didn't happen they would not have died.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 09:03 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Let's be clear. There were people in the government trying to directly engineer a coup and then a violent insurrection in the Capitol. No one should be reassured about the state of American democracy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let's be clear. There were people in the government trying to directly engineer a coup and then a violent insurrection in the Capitol. No one should be reassured about the state of American democracy.
like when trump explicitly told them to be “peaceful and patriotic”?

how violent was the insurrection, when the only person killed by violence was a tiny woman who was trespassing?

how come these traitors you say planned a coup, haven't been charged by the Biden administration? You know more than they do, is that it?

why are you such a complete coward that you never, ever answer simple questions. you keep asking me questions, i always try to answer directly, and al you do is dodge my questions. what does that say about you?