Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-29-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Michelle Obama

Needs to hang a WIDE LOAD sign across her ass !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
sean curry

Classless!

She is easily the most impressive First Lady this country has ever had. Intelligent, well educated, by all accounts a wonderful mother and wife.

I guess that turns so people off.

sean
Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean curry View Post
Classless!

She is easily the most impressive First Lady this country has ever had. Intelligent, well educated, by all accounts a wonderful mother and wife.

sean
I think she's doing a fine job. Not sure what her roll has been though.

I do think your discription is a bit generous though, Sean. There have been better First Ladies then Presidents lately if you ask me.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
scottw

Sean is right...she's brilliant, hard working, worked her way through the finest schools, earned every raise that she ever received..never ridden coat tails like most first ladies, has never had a bad thing to say about her country or countrymen....she's fit and THIN and beautiful, the picture health and of motherhood as the media reminds us on a daily basis, she goes to church every Sunday and would never expose her children to the hateful vitriolic rantings of a lunatic, she's sweet and displays humility, never flaunts her new found wealth or celebrity...has the tiniest of carbon footprints...put her in the hall of fame...we've never seen anything like her and probably never will again
Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think she's doing a fine job. Not sure what her roll has been though.

I do think your discription is a bit generous though, Sean. There have been better First Ladies then Presidents lately if you ask me.
I've got to agree with Buckman. She's handled herself well for the most part and has been classy as far as I can tell. I do wonder how Sean Curry was able to determine that "She is easily the most impressive First Lady this country has ever had." Either it's just Sean's opinion, which he's entitled to. Or, maybe he just doesn't know much about any of the first ladies who have preceded her. Sean should look into some of the things other first ladies have accomplished like The Red Cross (Florence Harding), mental health reform (Rosalyn Carter), fighting poverty (Eleanor Roosevelt), substance abuse (Nancy Reagan) and women's and children's issues (Hillary Clinton).

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
scottw

this is great...

October 01, 2009
No sacrifice too great for Michelle Obama
Thomas Lifson

The First Lady has once again uttered words that reveal her self-absorbed interior life. Speaking in Copenhagen, she referred to her trip as a "sacrifice." Byron York caught it yesterday:

"As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."

"People say"? Who on earth has been telling Michelle that she is sacrificing something for the American people? Since when is one sacrificing herself by carrying out the duties of FLOTUS?

There is a victim mentality at work here. Life is unfair. This is a woman who sees herself put-upon by life, the victim of forces beyond her control. And she lives in the White House!

Aside from the obvious fact that this is a glamorous, luxurious trip on a private jet, a staying in the fanciest accommodations type of excursion, anyone who looks at her job as a sacrifice has what most employers call a "bad attitude." She fought hard for this job, and has used its perks to the max, including a fabulous family shopping trip to Paris. Face it: Michelle loves living large.

Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit, and the shopping is fabulous, particularly if money is not an issue. Danish design and quality are legendary in a wide range of home furnishings.

What kind of person pities herself over jetting off with her home town pal Oprah, with Hubby flying in later to join the girls?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
mekcotuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I've got to agree with Buckman. She's handled herself well for the most part and has been classy as far as I can tell. I do wonder how Sean Curry was able to determine that "She is easily the most impressive First Lady this country has ever had." Either it's just Sean's opinion, which he's entitled to. Or, maybe he just doesn't know much about any of the first ladies who have preceded her. Sean should look into some of the things other first ladies have accomplished like The Red Cross (Florence Harding), mental health reform (Rosalyn Carter), fighting poverty (Eleanor Roosevelt), substance abuse (Nancy Reagan) and women's and children's issues (Hillary Clinton).
and don't forget Laura Bush and literacy - she worked hard at it everyday within her own family!

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
Old 10-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Sean is right...she's brilliant, hard working, worked her way through the finest schools, earned every raise that she ever received..never ridden coat tails like most first ladies, has never had a bad thing to say about her country or countrymen....she's fit and THIN and beautiful, the picture health and of motherhood as the media reminds us on a daily basis, she goes to church every Sunday and would never expose her children to the hateful vitriolic rantings of a lunatic, she's sweet and displays humility, never flaunts her new found wealth or celebrity...has the tiniest of carbon footprints...put her in the hall of fame...we've never seen anything like her and probably never will again
Thanks for the PUN If it weren't for the icon I would have thought you to be serious or delirious.

Senior advisor to Obama, Valerie Jarrett was the board member of the University of Chicago Hospitals, who approved Michele's high paying job at the hospital. (just a coincidence)

Sean must know her personally to make such a statement.

I will agree that she may be a very fine mother and intelligent.

She may or may not be as corrupt as Obama.

Last edited by Fly Rod; 10-01-2009 at 06:58 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I'd agree, MO has a long way to go before she's on the short list, but the Administration is also still young.

This could be the lamest thread ever by the way. If it wasn't stamped at 7am I'd think it was a drunk post.

-spence
Old 10-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean curry View Post
Classless!

sean
Seriously with this?

What exactly are her accomplishments to justify such a post? How could you possibly know that she's a wonderful wife?

You bring a lot of outrageous, quick-strike comments like this and have never provided anything to support them.

Do you also think that Obama's going to put fuel in your car, small children will stop getting cancer, every puppy will find a loving home and peace on Earth is near?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd agree, MO has a long way to go before she's on the short list, but the Administration is also still young.

This could be the lamest thread ever by the way. If it wasn't stamped at 7am I'd think it was a drunk post.

-spence

"drunk post"

I don't drink !
And take another look, her ass is HUGE ! And I made a comment about it, so what !!!

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Ronnie your a friekin riot. I think your jealous that all that junk in the trunk isn't yours.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Ronnie your a friekin riot. I think your jealous that all that junk in the trunk isn't yours.

"Junk in the trunk"
Looks more like she backed up into an air compressor !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #14
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

she has a big butt, and I cannot lie. All you other liberals can't deny.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

This is Like the S-B's version of "The View"........Which one of you is supposed to be Whoopie and which one of you is Barbara?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
This is Like the S-B's version of "The View"........Which one of you is supposed to be Whoopie and which one of you is Barbara?
that would have to be JD and Spence...respectively
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That must make you Joy Behar....

Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
That must make you Joy Behar....
well no, I'd have to be the conservative...the good looking intelligent one, Hasselbeck

are there any attractive women on the left or are they all washed up hags?

sorry, can't say I've ever actually watched the View but I just saw a pic of Hasselbeck and she's not just attractive...she is smokin' hot...

Last edited by scottw; 10-02-2009 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

There's no way on Gods Green Earth that I'm calling you the Hot One

Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
There's no way on Gods Green Earth that I'm calling you the Hot One
that's very funny....thanks for making me laugh Kevin...get out there and catch some fish this weekend !
Old 10-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
she has a big butt, and I cannot lie. All you other liberals can't deny.
The real question is, why is RR so obsessed with it?

-spence