Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #91
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterpop View Post
Smoke and mirrors to deflect the steady view and contemplation of the sad truth by the masses

Agreed. Disgraceful displays by both sides, both Kerry's failed attempt at mocking Bush and the feigned horror by Bush at Kerry's obvious mis-step. But really pointless compared to 104 people not coming home last month.

I haven't watched the evening news yet but I wouldn't doubt that the Kerry story gets twice as much coverage as any American who died in Iraq today, if anyone died today.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #92
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Pretty sad that on a nice day 11/1/06 it was over 70* and all of you sat on your computer on this thread and wasted it

Don't any of you fish?

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #93
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoobob View Post
Pretty sad that on a nice day 11/1/06 it was over 70* and all of you sat on your computer on this thread and wasted it

Don't any of you fish?
Heading out shortly. Too late to catch the good part of the drop so I'm waiting for the incoming.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #94
spence

Quote:

Don't any of you fish?
Some of us have jobs.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #95
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

So do I, sorry don't know where your getting your info from?

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
Old 11-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #96
riverrat55

WOW!!!!!
4 pages of this sh&*^!!!!
It would be nice if this was 4 pages of fishing reports!!!
Like I said before=
I HATE ALL= Govt's/Religion/ and Politicians!!!!!!!!!
The world would be a better place without them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #97
PI guy

Republicans love spinning this because it draws attention from the fact that they covered up a pedophile amongst them.

Beer is the reason we get up each afternoon.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #98
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI guy View Post
Republicans love spinning this because it draws attention from the fact that they covered up a pedophile amongst them.
At least they force their pedophiles to resign.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #99
Skitterpop

or go into the priesthood

Good health and family
Old 11-02-2006, 06:58 AM   #100
spence

Quote:
So do I, sorry don't know where your getting your info from?
????

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 08:29 AM   #101
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
????

-spence

???? Time for a new thread

Good health and family
Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #102
spence

Yea, Kerry said sorry as well.

What is the GOP going to do now that they can't beat that horse?

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #103
stripersnipr

Quote:
Yea, Kerry said sorry as well.

What is the GOP going to do now that they can't beat that horse?

-spence
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he says he is apologizing for. Sounds like one of his "I actually decided to apologize after I decided not to apologize" routines. Like that justifies anything. I dont really see this so much as a partisan issue due to the fact that bumbling, pompous, idiots are found in all political parties. As bad as Bush may be I'd take him over this out of touch, arrogant, pompous creep anytime.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #104
Skip N

More flip floppin' from Kerry, he said he wasnt going to apologize, now he is apologizing? He know's he ruined any chance at running for president again after those idiotic comments, so he's trying to save his ass the best he can.

Too late John, if you were truly sorry you wouldnt have waited three days to apologize. He's only apologizing because he sees how pissed Americans are at him.

Only folks like Spence think you're being sincere!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #105
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he says he is apologizing for.
This isn't that complicated. It's just like if I say something stupid to my wife I didn't mean, she still wants me to say I'm sorry...

But to be honest, the entire thing is absurd. You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?

Kerry is an easy target and I think a lot of the Bush Bots just feel good jumping on the pile.

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #106
slapshot

I am glad crackpots like Pilosi, Kerry and Dean are the spokemen of the democrat party. They simply aren't electable.

bluefish Jihadist
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #107
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I am glad crackpots like Pilosi, Kerry and Dean are the spokemen of the democrat party. They simply aren't electable.
Yet all of them have been elected

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #108
Skip N

Lets assume for a second that Kerry's so called joke was meant for President Bush. Even if this is the case, should a high ranking member of congress be calling the commander in chief an idiot during the time of war? Oh wait, he's a dem, thats all they do!

Spence, would you care to defend #^&#^&#^&#^& Durdan's comments from a couple years ago? You know, when he compared our soldiers to Nazi's and war criminals?

Or even Kerry's comments from last year, saying our soldiers in Iraq go into peoples homes and terrorize women and children?

Or John Murtha accusing Marines in Iraq of murder before they even had a trial.

There's a scary pattern with democrats having negative comments towards the military.

You seem to love defending these idiots though, so please defend away!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #109
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N View Post
should a high ranking member of congress be calling the commander in chief an idiot during the time of war?

If the Shoe Fits....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #110
stripersnipr

Quote:
This isn't that complicated. It's just like if I say something stupid to my wife I didn't mean, she still wants me to say I'm sorry...

But to be honest, the entire thing is absurd. You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?

Kerry is an easy target and I think a lot of the Bush Bots just feel good jumping on the pile.

-spence
As I said before he half/assed apoligized, I dont think an apology is needed. He said what he said and people will intrepret it as they choose apology or not. Bush, Hillary, and Ford to name a few felt an apology was required so after a few days he changed his position on apologizing and made an attempt at it. As far as Marines requiring it, nope I dont think all the apologies in the world are going to change their viewpoint of John Kerry. The Democrats at this point need to scramble to minimize the overall effect this will have on the Miltary vote. If our Miltary demonstrates a transposed Democratic strategy (Anything Against Bush) into Anything Against Kerry, it could hurt in 06 and 08. As far as the botched joke thing, his attempt at trying to make a joke referencing Bush as an uneducated idiot (As if refering to a sitting President as an uneducated idiot in War time is acceptable by any low standard of decency) has had the opposite effect especially seeing how Bush had a higher GPA at Yale then Kerry did. If there wasn't a pattern of these types of remarks by Kerry maybe this would go away as quietly as you would like.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #111
spence

Skipper, get yur head out of the sand. You attack statements of little importance while defending policy blunders that actually kill people.

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #112
Redsoxticket

Kerry should have said was

You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, then all you can intellectually handle would be is one liners and not real issues like Iraq.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #113
spence

Quote:
As I said before he half/assed apoligized, I dont think an apology is needed. He said what he said and people will intrepret it as they choose apology or not. Bush, Hillary, and Ford to name a few felt an apology was required so after a few days he changed his position on apologizing and made an attempt at it.
It's all about politics. The botched joke was political, the Whitehouse jumping on it was political, and the Dems calling for an appology was political...
Quote:
As far as Marines requiring it, nope I dont think all the apologies in the world are going to change their viewpoint of John Kerry.
And still nearly all of the 40+ Iraq vets running for Congress are on the Democratic ticket.
Quote:
The Democrats at this point need to scramble to minimize the overall effect this will have on the Miltary vote.
I think the US Military cares a lot more about where they're going to be sent, why they're going to be sent and if they'll be properly equipped with a plan for success!

THAN ANYTHING JOHN KERRY HAS TO SAY.

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #114
stripersnipr

Quote:
It's all about politics. The botched joke was political, the Whitehouse jumping on it was political, and the Dems calling for an appology was political...

And still nearly all of the 40+ Iraq vets running for Congress are on the Democratic ticket.

I think the US Military cares a lot more about where they're going to be sent, why they're going to be sent and if they'll be properly equipped with a plan for success!

THAN ANYTHING JOHN KERRY HAS TO SAY.

-spence
Well if the Democrats are politicizing the issue I guess its okay, but shame on Republicans for the same thing,

While those 40 Democrat/Soldiers chose to run for office rather than fighting a War might tell us a little something in itself.

As far as what the Military thinks about John Kerry I have some first hand knowledge on that matter considering I have several family members both deployed and returned (and one volunteering to go back) from Iraq and trust me on this: They and their friends do not consider John Kerry a friend or a hero, and yes they do care when a Senator from their home state accuses them of Terrorizing women and children.
As far as being concerned about where and why they are deployed, of course they wonder where but being soldiers and airmen the why isn't really their concern. Accomplishing the mission they are assigned is their concern. While they may not agree with all of Bushs strategic policies they do have a far better understanding of them than you or I and they do agree with most. The objections they do have are expressed in a thoughtful and respectful manner. In my book that makes them better Soldiers, Airmen and Human Beings than Kerry ever thought of being. (By the way they all but one are college graduates)
Old 11-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #115
spence

Quote:
While those 40 Democrat/Soldiers chose to run for office rather than fighting a War might tell us a little something in itself.
So you're saying they're running from Iraq to take the easy road in a life of politics.

I think you owe the brave fighting men and women of the US Armed Forces an appology.

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #116
Skip N

Quote:
So you're saying they're running from Iraq to take the easy road in a life of politics.

I think you owe the brave fighting men and women of the US Armed Forces an appology.

-spence

Funny, when Kerry or any Dem rips into the military you dont demand any sort of appology from them. But now your offended by comments made by Stripersnipr? Helloooo double standard!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #117
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N View Post
Funny, when Kerry or any Dem rips into the military you dont demand any sort of appology from them. But now your offended by comments made by Stripersnipr? Helloooo double standard!
So you're taking his side?

You both owe the US Military an appology.

-spence
Old 11-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #118
stripersnipr

Quote:

-spence
I think thats what you wish I said.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #119
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?
-spence
Spence,

I haven't seen Lt. Colonel Dan Walter around lately, but on his behalf I'd like to offer you this cup of shut the f*ck up again.

Quote:
What's really not amusing is when those of us over here have to listen to those of you back there, especially those who have no personal stake, talk as though you only have our best interests at heart...when most of us would prefer just you pipe down...

...Spence, don't presume to use my family thinking you know who or what insults them. They'd tell you to shut your gobs.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #120
spence

Quote:
I think thats what you wish I said.
Are you saying you "botched" the statement? I find that hard to believe.

There are a lot of US Vets running for office who demand your appology.

-spence
Closed Thread