Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
wdmso

EPA chief doubts carbon dioxide's role in global warming

He told CNBC that measuring human impact on the climate was "very challenging" and there was "tremendous disagreement" about the issue.

Trump’s Cabinet Picks Are Intended to ‘Deconstruct’ Regulation and Agencies

As attorney general of Oklahoma, Scott Pruitt worked closely with the fossil fuel industry in his state. So closely, in fact, that when Devon Energy, one of Oklahoma’s biggest oil and gas companies, emailed him a draft letter in 2011 opposing a federal effort to limit methane gas leaking from drilling operations, Pruitt changed a few words, put the letter on his own letterhead, and sent it to the US Environmental Protection Agency.

Trump fans these things are being done to make America Great again... ok sure they are
Old 03-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Fake news this global warming crap, all this extreme weather is just a coincidence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He told CNBC that measuring human impact on the climate was "very challenging" and there was "tremendous disagreement" about the issue.

Trump’s Cabinet Picks Are Intended to ‘Deconstruct’ Regulation and Agencies

As attorney general of Oklahoma, Scott Pruitt worked closely with the fossil fuel industry in his state. So closely, in fact, that when Devon Energy, one of Oklahoma’s biggest oil and gas companies, emailed him a draft letter in 2011 opposing a federal effort to limit methane gas leaking from drilling operations, Pruitt changed a few words, put the letter on his own letterhead, and sent it to the US Environmental Protection Agency.

Trump fans these things are being done to make America Great again... ok sure they are
Your headline is a little miss leading
Old 03-10-2017, 05:37 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Fake news this global warming crap, all this extreme weather is just a coincidence.

earthquakes in Oklahoma are not because of Fracking either .. they are cyclic just like rising Global Temps (sarcasm)
Old 03-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
earthquakes in Oklahoma are not because of Fracking either .. they are cyclic just like rising Global Temps (sarcasm)
Oh boy 😜
Old 03-10-2017, 07:31 AM   #6
Raven

covering the world in parking lots and highways
all getting hot enough to fry an egg....

air buses- gyro copters need to happen faster
Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The Chinese have green high rises in the works, should be law for developers, one hard and one green to get permit.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
buckman

Quote:
The Chinese have green high rises in the works, should be law for developers, one hard and one green to get permit.
Yes , an opportunity to place a costly regulation on construction and development based on China leading the world in environmental
Issues 😂
Old 03-15-2017, 04:23 AM   #9
wdmso

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, the former head of Exxon Mobil, used an alias email address while at the oil company to discuss information related to climate change, the New York attorney general says.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 AM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Yes , an opportunity to place a costly regulation on construction and development based on China leading the world in environmental
Issues 😂
You don't think the developers putting up high rises in the high rent districts of Boston and other major cities have a hard time fitting all the money they make into their pockets. I have no sympathy for the Turner and Suffolk Construction types, they have no problem making money, regardless of the regulations they have to work with.

My point is that China has the right idea for addressing the mess they created, but global warming isn't just their issue. Last year 40% of the bee population crashed, look at our drought and extreme weather hitting the west coast after their long time drought is just crazy.

I think at some point the governments of this world are going to have to think about what happens down the road if we don't address the causes of some of this stuff. If however it's about you and yours today and just into tomorrow, sure no reg's. build away, but as usual it's the people at the upper levels making that extra bit of money dealing with another regulation would prevent.

Ok coffees gone, need to load the skis and get going. Thanks for the big dump, hope some ungroomed is left.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #11
buckman

Quote:
You don't think the developers putting up high rises in the high rent districts of Boston and other major cities have a hard time fitting all the money they make into their pockets. I have no sympathy for the Turner and Suffolk Construction types, they have no problem making money, regardless of the regulations they have to work with.

My point is that China has the right idea for addressing the mess they created, but global warming isn't just their issue. Last year 40% of the bee population crashed, look at our drought and extreme weather hitting the west coast after their long time drought is just crazy.

I think at some point the governments of this world are going to have to think about what happens down the road if we don't address the causes of some of this stuff. If however it's about you and yours today and just into tomorrow, sure no reg's. build away, but as usual it's the people at the upper levels making that extra bit of money dealing with another regulation would prevent.

Ok coffees gone, need to load the skis and get going. Thanks for the big dump, hope some ungroomed is left.
Turner and Suffolk Construction put 1000 of people to work that support families . They actually accomplish something tangible instead of what you are used to .
Also if you think putting green roofs in, is a practical solution to climate change, you haven't thought things through too well . Another brilliant solution like those curly light bulbs and ethanol gas 😂 Enjoy the slopes !
Old 03-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Turner and Suffolk Construction put 1000 of people to work that support families . They actually accomplish something tangible instead of what you are used to .
Also if you think putting green roofs in, is a practical solution to climate change, you haven't thought things through too well . Another brilliant solution like those curly light bulbs and ethanol gas �� Enjoy the slopes !
I think what the Chinese have resorted to is necessary and I suggested for them building green towers should be a requirement, pretty sure there isn't enough real estate in down town Boston for an extra green tower for every high rise. I keep forgetting that on this forum anyway, God help you if you don't spend an hour thinking about your post, lest it be misinterpreted.

My point on GC's in general in any major city, the owners and upper level management are making a ton of money on any developments in any major metropolitan city, don't think for a minute a little regulation for a green roof or in the case of a green tower in the Chinese cities is going to cut into their profit margins or put people out of work. I worked with a company doing business with all the developers in Boston and have a friend who is a high level PM for Suffolk, they are printing money working on developments in Boston. Prime real estate is so limited now, trust me a new regulation or two to insure there is a green roof, or affordable housing (my son works EMS in Boston and can't afford to buy) for others than those making six figures; isn't going to hurt any of these GC's.

You must probably be in the Trump camp and believe climate change is fake news and therefore what happens in other countries can't possibly affect our weather here.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 03-16-2017 at 07:47 AM..
Old 03-16-2017, 09:25 AM   #13
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

There should be more green towers, wind, and Nooooks

I like my clean air

There should be no confusing China with a Green Steward

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #14
buckman

Quote:
I think what the Chinese have resorted to is necessary and I suggested for them building green towers should be a requirement, pretty sure there isn't enough real estate in down town Boston for an extra green tower for every high rise. I keep forgetting that on this forum anyway, God help you if you don't spend an hour thinking about your post, lest it be misinterpreted.

My point on GC's in general in any major city, the owners and upper level management are making a ton of money on any developments in any major metropolitan city, don't think for a minute a little regulation for a green roof or in the case of a green tower in the Chinese cities is going to cut into their profit margins or put people out of work. I worked with a company doing business with all the developers in Boston and have a friend who is a high level PM for Suffolk, they are printing money working on developments in Boston. Prime real estate is so limited now, trust me a new regulation or two to insure there is a green roof, or affordable housing (my son works EMS in Boston and can't afford to buy) for others than those making six figures; isn't going to hurt any of these GC's.

You must probably be in the Trump camp and believe climate change is fake news and therefore what happens in other countries can't possibly affect our weather here.
I'm thinking green towers , with the energy and clean water involved to build and maintain would create a net negative ....but that's just me being a realist and I didn't have to spend hours thinking about it . I wouldn't be surprised if fresh water starved Calafornia adopts the regulation though 😂
I'm not sure a lack of greenery is the problem .
I guess that makes me a climate change denier .
Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #15
Raven

growing hemp (no THC in it) for hemp-crete , paper, fuel,seed ,fiber, cattle feed
ect. will consume ALL the C02
Old 03-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #16
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
growing hemp (no THC in it) for hemp-crete , paper, fuel,seed ,fiber, cattle feed
ect. will consume ALL the C02
I don't think we want to consume all of it 😯
Old 03-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Burlington Vermont is kind of a cool story on going green. Don't think your Larger metropolitan area could get away with it. But it is still very interesting on how they did it.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...-energy-214463

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #18
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Burlington Vermont is kind of a cool story on going green. Don't think your Larger metropolitan area could get away with it. But it is still very interesting on how they did it.

52 bars in Burlington in my college days . I've been green a few times .
Great city
Old 03-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

That's a really nice, and encouraging, article. The one sentence which really stood out for me was: "Burlington is achieving its energy independence almost entirely through initiatives developed by its municipal government--" It didn't require the Federal Government to force it to do something it didn't want to do. And it has, in its own interests and in its own way, created a model for other communities of its size and similar type of location, to emulate, if they wish.

Letting the State and local communities decide for themselves creates various models which will show possibilities from which free people can choose. Fear of the people of this country should apply more to the tiny group of people in a central agency with total power to regulate this entire nation than to all the rest of the people in our thousands of communities or in the 50 different states--if those people are allowed to be free.

But if those millions of people are conditioned by force to depend on a distant central power rather than on their own personal and civic responsibility, we will have to submit to that unitary power's one size fits all dictates which will certainly not apply well to some places and people and will be entrenched in ways difficult to break free from. Dictatorships with their central planning, 5 year plans, etc. have historically failed. And the greatest failure lies in the destruction of choice, responsibility, motivation, and the feeling of the people's ownership of their communities and even of their own lives.

Freedom with its necessary personal responsibility is the key to good and just government.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We are all fisherman, we all live and die or catch with the movement of water, I wonder how many are benefiting from tidal energy converter (TEC) or underwater wind turbines.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #21
Raven

Quote:
I don't think we want to consume all of it 😯
it's not consumable by humans