Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-07-2020, 08:23 AM   #121
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You talking about Trump?..
I am talking about broken records.
👌
The guys who have been repeating themselves for 3 years.
🤡⛑🤡⛑🤡⛑🤡⛑
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

Unfortunately, the light he sees is from the train coming
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #123
Sea Dangles

Chew
Chew
Old 04-08-2020, 04:04 AM   #124
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post

The guys who have been repeating themselves for 3 years.

literally repeating themselves day after day...perhaps the... means justify the....something something
Old 04-08-2020, 05:49 AM   #125
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
literally repeating themselves day after day...perhaps the... means justify the....something something
The bedroom fans of SB, just humming away providing white noise in the background.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-08-2020, 06:49 AM   #126
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I know, if I have to read SD post best president of our lifetime, it might break the record for the most meaningless repost record of all time.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #127
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I know, if I have to read SD post best president of our lifetime, it might break the record for the most meaningless repost record of all time.
I will holster my opinion regarding our President if you can do the same.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #128
Pete F.
Canceled

79 days since first case

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

US 400,000+ infected
13,000+ dead

SK
10,000+ infected
200 dead

Trump never rates his criminally-derelict leadership less than a “10.”

Why would he? Between January and mid-March Trump proved that, in matters of life and death, his base will believe anything—until he tells them to believe something else.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #129
wdmso

Just in it's now the World Health Organizations Fault , for Covid 19

Maybe he listened to the B 52. It's just a party out of bounds

Who's to blame when parties really get out of hand?
Who's to blame when they get poorly planned?

People get sick, they play the wrong games
You know, it could ruin your name......
Old 04-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #130
Sea Dangles

Keep up the social distancing
Stop the spread👍🏿
Old 04-08-2020, 08:51 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just in it's now the World Health Organizations Fault , for Covid 19

Maybe he listened to the B 52. It's just a party out of bounds

Who's to blame when parties really get out of hand?
Who's to blame when they get poorly planned?

People get sick, they play the wrong games
You know, it could ruin your name......
so Trump criticizes the WHO, and shockingly, your reaction is that Trump couldn’t possibly have a valid criticism.

Are you saying the WHO did a good job in the early days?

i swear to god, if Trump said “two plus two is four”, people here would
shriek “the hell it is!”.

Wayne, please tell us who claimed
this is all the WHO’s fault? Or admit you made that up.

do you ever, ever stop
and think?

Trump criticized the WHO. You can’t comment on the validity of his criticism, so you make the absurd and blatantly dishonest leap to claim Trump blames the WHO.

When you can’t respond to what was actually said, you can always lie about what was said and respond to something that no one ever said.

And then you accuse the right of going to stupid lengths to protect him, but you can’t see that you’re going to stupid lengths to attack him.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-08-2020 at 08:59 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Every president for the last 20 years has predicted the eventuality of a pandemic and preached preparedness. Except for Trump*.

He was busy saving us from threats enlarged by his own puffery.

All he has done with this pandemic is claim it was nothing to worry about until it became unavoidable.

Now the blame is being cast in all directions.

He's not missing any opportunity to point a finger and feign innocence.

I do not imply that anyone should escape culpability, but it does not mean at all that he did a perfect job and rates a "10".

Trump* has prioritized politics over public health, exactly what he criticizes the Chinese and WHO for doing when COVID-19 emerged.

Trump* blames everyone else in a pathetic effort to shift blame for his own inept leadership, his citizens struggle and now China is laying the groundwork for global leadership in the post-COVID-19 era.

Thanks to Trump*, the US will almost certainly lose countless lives and it's standing in the world.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #133
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of In the history of our country
Old 04-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled

We are certainly in the lead on the Pandemic Reality Show.
Apparently some people think that is the definition of greatness.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #135
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so Trump criticizes the WHO, and shockingly, your reaction is that Trump couldn’t possibly have a valid criticism.

Are you saying the WHO did a good job in the early days?

i swear to god, if Trump said “two plus two is four”, people here would
shriek “the hell it is!”.

Wayne, please tell us who claimed
this is all the WHO’s fault? Or admit you made that up.

do you ever, ever stop
and think?

Trump criticized the WHO. You can’t comment on the validity of his criticism, so you make the absurd and blatantly dishonest leap to claim Trump blames the WHO.

When you can’t respond to what was actually said, you can always lie about what was said and respond to something that no one ever said.

And then you accuse the right of going to stupid lengths to protect him, but you can’t see that you’re going to stupid lengths to attack him.

Watch a briefing .. it might help .. Trump is criticizing the WHO in his endless blame game. His validity was telling lies and mis quotes. Then TRUMP starts parroting a host on fox 5 about mail in ballots and fraud.

You suggest I attack Trump. Not sure how one can attack someone based on what they actually said and did or not do ?
Old 04-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #136
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We are certainly in the lead on the Pandemic Reality Show.
Apparently some people think that is the definition of greatness.
pete...you are your own reality show...you should watch your self...you'd be amused
Old 04-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Watch a briefing .. it might help .. Trump is criticizing the WHO in his endless blame game. His validity was telling lies and mis quotes. Then TRUMP starts parroting a host on fox 5 about mail in ballots and fraud.

You suggest I attack Trump. Not sure how one can attack someone based on what they actually said and did or not do ?
"Trump is criticizing the WHO"

(1) Is that the same as Trump saying it's all their fault? Because that's what you claim he said.

(2) In your opinion, the WHO doesn't deserve criticism for their response?

"You suggest I attack Trump"

Everyone here knows that's what you're doing. You are claiming he said things, which he very came close to saying.

If you want to say he didn't do enough early on, made some statements that turned out to be waaaayy off, that he blames others for his mistakes? All of that's fine. But why lie about what he said, unless you are attaching him as a manifestation of your TDS? WHy not point out when others said some of the same things he said?

Biden said the Chinese travel restrictions weren't necessary. No Biden has completely flip-flopped on that. And we all know who you're voting for. So you don't care when democrats were way, way wrong. Only when Trump is.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #138
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
pete...you are your own reality show...you should watch your self...you'd be amused
After Season 3, it’s safe to say it’s “Jumped the Shark”

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

For three years the Chosen One has bullied and bull#^&#^&#^&#^&ted his way till he met a real crisis.

In addition to destroying the means of monitoring the danger of pandemic in the NSC, he allowed the removal of the ability to monitor pandemics worldwide firsthand.

If you think that he was not told about Covid-19 and the dangers starting in November you are smoking too much dope.
If it was in the National Intelligence Daily at that time, it certainly would have been brought up in the President's Daily Brief.
Think that a total shutdown of a province in China escaped our satellite surveillance, but piles of urns outside funeral homes is known, really?

This administration failed to take the necessary steps to save american lives, not for lack of knowledge but because it was hoped that it would just go away one day, like a miracle. Don't say anything it will upset the economy, make the DOW drop and possibly hurt my election chances.

All the records exist that will show what was known, the decisions made and we are now seeing what happens when we elect a malignant narcissist as President.
I'm amazed that you are impressed and believe that he is even a semi-capable president, all he has done is proven what I thought since he came down the escalator.
He is a conman.
He has spent his whole life scamming people.
He still is running the con.
He cannot stop because without the con, he is nothing.

His daily rally is on now, you better go watch.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #140
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

We can now read the Imperial College report on COVID-19 that led to the extreme measures we've seen in the US this week. Read it; it's terrifying. I'll offer a summary in this thread; please correct me if I've gotten it wrong.

Here's what would happen: 80% of Americans would get the disease. 0.9% of them would die. Between 4 and 8 percent of all Americans over the age of 70 would die. 2.2 million Americans would die from the virus itself.

It gets worse. People with severe COVID-19 need to be put on ventilators. 50% of those on ventilators still die, but the other 50% live. But in an unmitigated epidemic, the need for ventilators would be 30 times the number available in the US. Nearly 100% of these patients die.

So the actual death toll from the virus would be closer to 4 million Americans -- in a span of 3 months. 8-15% of all Americans over 70 would die.

How many is 4 million people? It's more Americans than have died all at once from anything, ever. It's the population of Los Angeles. It's 4 times the number of Americans who died in the Civil War...on both sides combined. It's two-thirds as many people as died in the Holocaust.

hey pete...if millions of americans don't die in the coming weeks as you predicted, an outcome which I'm sure will greatly disappoint you...will you give him some credit?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-08-2020 at 07:25 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:

hey pete...if millions of americans don't die in the coming weeks as you predicted, an outcome which I'm sure will greatly disappoint you...will you give him some credit?
Is there any question that he'll give him some credit?

Not only will he not give him credit, he won't admit the modelers were wrong, unless they are republicans.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #142
scottw

if the modelers keep remodeling their models who knows where we'll end up in the next couple of weeks but I'm not disappointed over the fact that many fewer are dying compared to projections so far....seems as though the critical thinkers in the media and elsewhere were very invested in a high body count
Old 04-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #143
Nebe

Quote:
if the modelers keep remodeling their models who knows where we'll end up in the next couple of weeks but I'm not disappointed over the fact that many fewer are dying compared to projections so far....seems as though the critical thinkers in the media and elsewhere were very invested in a high body count
Did you notice that when a hurricane was coming the media would try its best to scare everyone to death to evacuate and run for the hills to lower death tolls along the coastal flood plains??? It’s the same here. They gave huge numbers to scare everyone into locking down. I’m cool with it.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #144
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Actually seems that the model was assuming only 50-60% social distancing. Actually been closer to 90% so much less spread. People actually listened, mostly, so far.

Still a ways to go especially if another city(ies) become new hot spots.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #145
scottw

all I said was I'm glad they are moving in a good direction...you guys are WAY too sensitive
Old 04-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #146
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Did you notice that when a hurricane was coming the media would try its best to scare everyone to death to evacuate and run for the hills to lower death tolls along the coastal flood plains??? It’s the same here. They gave huge numbers to scare everyone into locking down. I’m cool with it.
No, that's not all they did. Very early on, after Trump issued the travel restrictions, MANY in the mainstream media downplayed the severity of the virus, saying that Trumps restrictions were a stupid over reaction, that the virus wasn't that bad, that we had more to fear from government over-reach than from the virus. You conveniently left that part out.

Headlines from the Washington Post, very much a mainstream media outlet...

“Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now,” read a Post story from Feb. 1, written by a Post staffer.

“How our brains make coronavirus seem scarier than it is,” read another Post story, from Jan. 31, written by a guest commenter from Harvard University.

“Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus,” read the third headline, from a Feb. 3 Post article co-authored by two academics from Northwestern University

And again, on February 27, Nancy Pelosi was wandering on San Francisco's Chinatown district, telling her citizens to go out to crowded public places.

But only Trump made any mistakes.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-08-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

The White House was warned repeatedly in November & December 2019 that the US military's National Center for Medical Intelligence concluded the outbreak in China could be a “cataclysmic event”.

“I would view it as something that surprised the whole world.”
~Trump, 3/19/20

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #148
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Actually seems that the model was assuming only 50-60% social distancing. Actually been closer to 90% so much less spread. People actually listened, mostly, so far.

Still a ways to go especially if another city(ies) become new hot spots.
Nobody is happier than our President to see the trend. Not a miracle of course but also a far cry from the worst case scenario that some seemed blame on Trump. It’s great to see the country pull together with a common goal.👍🏿
Let’s hope the trend continues and we can all enjoy the low price at the pump this summer. Throw in some calm seas and we are golden.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled

I see one guy spinning here, just keep believing this liar, covering up his gaslighting and incompetence while Americans die. More than Wars, hopefully not as many as all combined.
And remember your enabling when your friends and relatives ask after a Hundred Thousand or more Americans die: What did you say when Trump said in response to: "Are you concerned about a pandemic?": “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. … It’s going to be just fine.”?
Pelosi should have done something, really?

GFY

Greatest President ever?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 04:10 AM   #150
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
all I said was I'm glad they are moving in a good direction...you guys are WAY too sensitive
I didn't claim otherwise. Was just adding context.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"