Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-31-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Religion of peace strikes again

Time to ban Home Depot Trucks
Old 10-31-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Sad situation
Heartbreaking all those dead and injured.

And yet there will still be a certain party wanting more coming here without proper vetting. Some people don't get it

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Jim in CT

I believe that before my generation has passed on, the western world is going to have a very unpleasant conversation, about whether or not this religion, is compatible with the current western world. I'm not sure I see, how the answer to that question, is a yes.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If there is a silver lining, it’s that our security at home has forced them to these less destructive stricks, although the terror is just as palpable. Religion and ideology has been a distructve force throughput history and I see no end in sight.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
wdmso

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based.
calling for political solutions in response to terrorist attacks, particularly those committed by Muslims.

Chuck Schumer ✔@SenSchumer
I guess it's not too soon to politicize a tragedy.
8:37 AM - Nov 1, 2017

I have just ordered Homeland Security to step up our already Extreme Vetting Program. Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!

58 people dead and 546 injured. in Vegas

White House officials insisted it was “premature” to discuss politics and dismissed calls to re-evaluate gun legislation.

how sad
Old 11-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Religion and ideology has been a distructve force throughput history and I see no end in sight.
The end of humans is the end of the particular destructive force that you're speaking about, though maybe too distant to see, or so unwelcome to think about.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #7
spence

Whole thread is sad.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #8
wdmso

after NY terrorist attack

Fox news Ingraham: We demand our elected officials keep America safe
We should not lose one more American life because politicians don't have the nerve or the will to do what's necessary to secure the homeland.

Didn't see this concern about to keeping America safe after vegas

I said this on 10\4 after Vegas shooting

Why is it when we have a terrorist event in United States we expect the federal government to do something ( travel ban) but when we have a mass shooting ( not a Muslim) we don't want The government to do anything.. it's perplexing.

And as if on Cue look at the responses from Trump and His followers .. I d say its amazing but its just predictable
Old 11-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Why is it when we have a terrorist event in United States we expect the federal government to do something ( travel ban) but when we have a mass shooting ( not a Muslim) we don't want The government to do anything.. it's perplexing.
The why was explained to you. Perhaps you missed it.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #10
spence

WDMSO has nailed it
Old 11-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
Nebe

Soda kills more americans than muslim terrorists.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #12
Sea Dangles

The wheels on the bus go round and round
Old 11-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #13
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

IT'S ok - Spence knows all these folks are what makes the Amercian Dream.

Sadly there is a concern if you dig deeper into the issues. 99.9% may never be a problem, though a lower percentage will integrate, hopefully improving in subsequent generations. But some bad eggs will get in. Is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Cars kill more people than soda. So what?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #14
detbuch

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
WDMSO has nailed it
He must have missed the nail and hit you upside your head.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #15
ReelinRod

Quote:

White House officials insisted it was “premature” to discuss politics and dismissed calls to re-evaluate gun legislation.

how sad
Sad is the thought that you, I presume an American, can put on the same plane of equivalency, questioning the entry of non-citizens with zero claim to be here, with restricting the rights of US citizens with knee-jerk laws that everyone agrees would not have stopped that or damn near any shooting.

In a few short weeks the gun control fire in the belly of the Democrats in Congress has already died. Do you really want to have the conversation or are you just virtue signalling?

If you really want to discuss gun legislation please, go ahead and start a thread and set out specifically what gun laws you want to see enacted and what you expect from each law.

I know you are not at all interested in having the conversation.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #16
ReelinRod

Quote:

And as if on Cue look at the responses from Trump and His followers .. I d say its amazing but its just predictable
Wicked smaht you are.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #17
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based.
calling for political solutions in response to terrorist attacks, particularly those committed by Muslims.

Chuck Schumer ✔@SenSchumer
I guess it's not too soon to politicize a tragedy.
8:37 AM - Nov 1, 2017

I have just ordered Homeland Security to step up our already Extreme Vetting Program. Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!

how sad

First of all it’s not a tragedy
It’s an ATROCITY!

Sometimes the truth hurts

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Obesity and a long list of other things kill more than any radical Muslim terrorist has post 9-11 in the USA, the pharma's and doctors handing out pain killers like candy are doing more harm for God's sake. Obviously 9-11 was a wake-up call, but since then pick one on the list and it's likely going to be well ahead of anything like this nut job or his replacement driving the next weapon in vogue are going to do on average.

I see both points made here, but 8 people in NY vs the Vegas killings are night and day different in number killed, in the shear terror involved for all in the vicinity and in the reactions of politicians after. It's so easy to jump on board the better vetting band wagon and trust me, I'm 100% behind those efforts. Trump loves an opportunity to continue beating his campaign drum and as usual someone always gets thrown under the buss in the process.

Post 9-11 the home grown nut job who should have received mental help for whatever reason, be it abusive father, lost job, cheating wife, loss of a family, bullied every day in school, ex con cant make it outside and with access to plenty of high powered fire arms is likely going to kill more easily, flying under the radar and with a higher death toll. It ALL needs to be addressed, man do I hate politics and I hate where we are as a nation right now; very depressing at times.

Thank god for activities to decompress like fishing, golf, headphones and some good tunes. Kiss your wife, your girlfriend, your kids and your grand kids; let's hope the proverbial sh*t doesn't hit the fan overseas and in our own backyard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._death_by_rate
Old 11-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #19
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

We should not lose one more American life because politicians don't have the nerve or the will to do what's necessary to secure the homeland.

( I guess you did not look very far then)

( if you expect the government to protect us instead of being responsible for yourselves, that is foolish. I think it is more about precautions to prevent these atrocities. )

Old 11-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #20
zimmy

When I breezed by this on my way to the classifieds, i thought this thread was about Charlottesville. Silly me

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #21
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
So do doctors

Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #22
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Sadly there is a concern if you dig deeper into the issues. 99.9% may never be a problem, though a lower percentage will integrate, hopefully improving in subsequent generations. But some bad eggs will get in. Is it worth it?
Going back, my family thought the same thing about the Irish, and Catholics in general. Actually, I am pretty sure they didn't think it was worth it.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:53 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
Wicked smaht you are.

Smart enough to see Murder is murder reguardless on the motivation

And smart enough to understand that Conservatives care more about who did the killing when it fits their anti Immigration agenda

The terrorist came into our country through what is called the "Diversity Visa Lottery Program," a Chuck Schumer beauty. I

Diversity Visa Lottery Program, started in 1995 550 k a year
To qualify, applicants must have a high school education or two years in an occupation that requires formal training. Those who meet eligibility requirements are selected at random from a computer lottery.

Jeff Flake ✔@JeffFlake
Actually, the Gang of 8, including @SenSchumer, did away with the Diversity Visa Program as part of broader reforms. I know, I was there https://twitter

your up to speed on 2a issues and arguments I suggest you broaden your reading .. its easy being a 1 trick pony
Old 11-02-2017, 04:03 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:

Cars kill more people than soda. So what?

For many conservatives its worth it as long as those bad eggs are not Muslim or Mexcian. whole streets in Fall river still speak Portuguese they have moved ti where the french used to live and now other immigrants live where the Portuguese started ..

many Americans have never seen or experienced how integration works like urban Americans .. rural Americans Have the right who explains it ..
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 AM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just tried to see if I could google any articles about like "35 killed when man opens shaken can of soda in crowded plaza" didn't find a single one.

I'd also bet that nobody here would have a problem with suicide vests if they just stood in the middle of an open field, alone, when they pressed the button too...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:

Aren't you somebody who criticizes others for justifying bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior? Yet you are doing it here.

But you are 100% correct, it's amazingly hypocritical for conservatives to attack liberals for using the Vegas attack to advocate for gun control, and then do the same thing by using this terror attack to advocate for immigration security.

There is nothing wrong, in the wake of any tragedy, to advocate for policies that would make another tragedy less likely. Both sides do it, yet each side acts as if only the other side does it. It's stupid.

I don't get how any sane person can be opposed to our being aggressive and vigilant in the war on terror. Nor do I get how any sane person can think that the second amendment is absolute. Each of those two extreme positions, defies common sense.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Soda, car accidents, and smoking all probably kill more than jihadists. But people make free choices to drink soda, to drive, and to smoke. Nobody asks to get run over by a truck in a public place. That is a very, very weak analogy.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

I'd also bet that nobody here would have a problem with suicide vests if they just stood in the middle of an open field, alone, when they pressed the button too...
I, for one, have no quarrel with that notion.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
. But some bad eggs will get in. Is it worth it?

?
No.

The candy analogy works for me. If I put 100 skittles in a bowl, and tell Spence that 1 is poisoned, will he let his family eat any? Nope.

It is tragic for the majority who are good people, to get lumped in with a few really bad eggs. But the reality is what it is. Better to help them make their home countries, a place they don't want to flee from. Unfortunately that's no small task either.

What a Godforsaken mess.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:08 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
with restricting the rights of US citizens with knee-jerk laws that everyone agrees would not have stopped that or damn near any shooting.

I know you are not at all interested in having the conversation.
I'll have it.

I know of no law that would have completely prevented the Vegas shooting. But if bump stocks were illegal, the body count might well have been a lot lower. He shot 600 people. One of the first cops on the scene was a combat vet, and he radioed in that it sounded like a belt fed machine gun.

Just because you can't guarantee a body count of zero, doesn't mean you don't try to do what you can.