Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm thinking of demanding the same thing from the Trump administration.
I hope he denies your petition for refugee status and never let's you back into the country...
Old 04-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #32
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so if the folks standing in line at Ellis Island decided they didn't feel like waiting and hopped a fence or crawled under or ran for it...no problem....is that what you are saying?
When the Irish started invading in droves, they didn't generally have to stand in line so it isn't really analogous (that was for Dad ) . The captain of the ship basically handed over a packing slip with info of who was on board and off they came. It wasn't until 40 or 50 years later that they had somewhat more thorough interview and record collections process.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:41 PM   #33
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I hope he denies your petition for refugee status and never let's you back into the country...
I have been thinking for a long time that it is good Guantanamo is still open. The next president could round up suspected trump voters and send them down there as threats to the homeland

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I have been thinking for a long time that it is good Guantanamo is still open. The next president could round up suspected trump voters and send them down there as threats to the homeland
I keep hoping you will start making sense...maybe it's my inability to understand your incoherence
Old 04-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #35
detbuch

What the left used to say about illegal immigration:http://humanevents.com/2018/04/04/we...tm_campaign=nl

One doesn’t have to go back to the Garfield administration to find a time when everyone wanted to protect the nation from dysfunctional immigration — the crime, the drugs, the poverty, the wage-depressing effect, the burden on our social services. Positions that are today considered hateful used to be called “common sense.”

A 1995 news article in The New York Times calmly described preparations the Immigration and Naturalization Service was making in case a “vast flood of illegal immigrants” surged across the Mexican border, “inundating entire communities as it washes north into the American heartland.” Under the Clinton administration, the illegals would face either “immediate voluntary deportation” or “emergency detention.”

No indignant denunciations followed.

More hate speech from the Times:
“Fighting illegal immigration is a difficult and important job. But Congress should do it in a way that will deter illegal entry at the border.” — New York Times editorial, Sept. 29, 1997

“(The I.N.S.) is extremely troubled, but has improved under the leadership of Doris Meissner. Since her appointment in 1993, … (t)he border is tighter, and the I.N.S. is deporting record numbers of criminal aliens.” — New York Times editorial, Aug. 10, 1997

Just a few years ago, Charles Lane, an editorial writer at The Washington Post, called for “prompt exclusion of unaccompanied Central American minors” during the border surge under Obama. “Only by showing people there is nothing to be gained by paying traffickers for the traumatic voyage through Mexico will the chaos cease.”

The great civil rights icon Barbara Jordan produced a report on immigration more than two decades ago, calling on the government to end chain migration and put a dead stop to illegal immigration, for the benefit of all Americans.
“Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave.”
She added: “Deportation is crucial.”

Far-left Democrats used to openly proclaim ideas that would get them banned from Twitter today:
“When push comes to shove, there is only one realistic way that you can stop illegal immigration into this country, and that is by making it illegal and being tough enough that illegal immigrants cannot work in this country.” — Democratic Sen. Howard Metzenbaum, 1985

“No sane country would (reward illegal immigrants), right? Guess again. If you break our laws by entering this country without permission, and give birth to a child, we reward that child with U.S. citizenship and guarantee full access to all public and social services this society provides — and that’s a lot of services. Is it any wonder that two-thirds of the babies born at taxpayer expense in county-run hospitals in Los Angeles are born to illegal alien mothers?” — Democratic Sen. Harry Reid, 1993

Very recently, a presidential candidate who seemed to actually care about America’s working class denounced illegal immigration as “a Koch brothers” idea. That was Bernie Sanders.
He explained: “Open borders? No, that’s a Koch brothers’ proposal. … That’s a right-wing proposal, which says essentially there is no United States. … It would make everybody in America poorer — you’re doing away with the concept of a nation-state. … You have an obligation in my view to do everything we can to help poor people.
“What right-wing people in this country would love is an open-border policy. Bring in all kinds of people, work for $2 or $3 an hour — that would be great for them. I don’t believe in that. I think we have to raise wages in this country; I think we have to do everything we can to create millions of jobs.” — Bernie Sanders in interview with Ezra Klein of Vox on July 28, 2015

Last edited by detbuch; 04-06-2018 at 10:10 AM..
Old 04-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #36
Slipknot
Super Moderator

United we stand, divided we fall

http://beforeitsnews.com/war-and-con...r-2469603.html

I can't vouch for this article but it is interesting

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #37
scottw

trying to figure out if this is parody or real life

London's Mayor Declares Intense New 'Knife Control' Policies

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29179...-emily-zanotti