Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #31
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Crunch View Post
yup, and I got your tinfoil hat right here. I think Cool Beans is really Rush Limbaugh in disguise.
Thanks! I consider that a Great Compliment!

And I have custom made tinfoil hats that I keep "at the ready", never know when them rascally liberals will try to take over our minds. Luckily for us conservatives, liberal attacks are almost always preceded by a high pitched sniveling whine, which allows us time to don our "hats".

Old 04-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #32
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
Thanks! I consider that a Great Compliment!

And I have custom made tinfoil hats that I keep "at the ready", never know when them rascally liberals will try to take over our minds. Luckily for us conservatives, liberal attacks are almost always preceded by a high pitched sniveling whine, which allows us time to don our "hats".

wow

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #33
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

seems to me most of the whining on this site is done by distraught republicans who don't know what to do with themselves now that they are out of power. Every election cycle the republican party grows smaller and more conservative. They think the best way to get things done is to not do anything at all. I'm glad a majority of the American electorate has figured it out. Now we just have to wait for the short bus to catch up.

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:58 AM   #34
buckman

Quote:
seems to me most of the whining on this site is done by distraught republicans who don't know what to do with themselves now that they are out of power. Every election cycle the republican party grows smaller and more conservative. They think the best way to get things done is to not do anything at all. I'm glad a majority of the American electorate has figured it out. Now we just have to wait for the short bus to catch up.
I like of think of us as distraught Americans and concerned citizens
Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #35
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
And bad typers
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Quote:
right, when a republican complains he's a concerned citizen. when a democrat complains he's whining. that's about right.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #37
JohnnyD

Quote:
right, when a republican complains he's a concerned citizen. when a democrat complains he's whining. that's about right.
That's the Spin that Republicans have become so efficient in using.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #38
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

sorry O-bots, you're leader doesnt agree with you, looks like the stimulus is already starting to work!

The speech, which will air live on CNN and CNN.com at 11:30 ET, comes a day after the president declared that his stimulus plan is "starting to work" and that transportation projects are coming in ahead of schedule and under budget.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #39
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

damn! this guy IS good! I mean we ALL know that the cost of the project at the beginning is always what the cost ends up being in the end!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama declared Monday that his stimulus plan is "starting to work" and that 2,000 transportation projects -- costing much less than expected -- are under way.

President Obama on Monday says the transportation projects will help create or save jobs.

"Competition for these projects is so fierce, and contractors are doing such a good job cutting costs, the projects are consistently coming in under budget," Obama said Monday.

The president gave a rapid-fire list of savings: a bid for road work in Connecticut is $8.4 million less than the state budgeted; Louisiana has a project coming in $4.7 million less than expected; projects in Colorado are averaging about 30 percent under the state forecast; and some bids in California are nearly half of what the state projected.

The administration said those savings will stretch the agency's $48 billion stimulus budget.

"Our recovery dollars can go further, and we can do more projects," said Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said. "This is great news."

LaHood hosted the president and vice president at his department's headquarters in Washington for the announcement. Officials did not give an overall estimate of money saved from competitive bids.

The three leaders also claimed a victory in the amount of transportation work approved so far, saying the agency has approved its 2,000th infrastructure project as part of the stimulus.

"Some may have thought it would have taken months to get to this point," Obama said, "but we have approved these projects in just 41 days."

Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #40
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
sorry O-bots, you're leader doesnt agree with you, looks like the stimulus is already starting to work!

The speech, which will air live on CNN and CNN.com at 11:30 ET, comes a day after the president declared that his stimulus plan is "starting to work" and that transportation projects are coming in ahead of schedule and under budget.
I am actually extremely interested and will be tuning in to see what the teleprompter tells him to say.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #41
JohnnyD

Quote:
damn! this guy IS good! I mean we ALL know that the cost of the project at the beginning is always what the cost ends up being in the end!
Isn't that why the BigDig was such a success?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #42
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

exactly!

the results of these projects will be a "big dig" in my wallet!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #43
buckman

QUOTE=Nebe;681241]And bad typers
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE]

Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #44
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
exactly!

the results of these projects will be a "big dig" in my wallet!
Don't we get 7 dollars a month back starting this month?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #45
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
Don't we get 7 dollars a month back starting this month?
That's right! Oh, thank you Mr Obama.Your so kind to us little people.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #46
striperman36
Old Guy

yeah 1 cup of coffee at Starbuck's its great
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #47
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
yeah 1 cup of coffee at Starbuck's its great
Let's not get ridiculous here. You could maybe afford 2 Grande Cafe Mochas for 7 bucks - if you had some change in your ashtray.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #48
JohnnyD

Quote:
And, I am willing to bet, Spence and JD, Mansfield schools, the kids and the public saftey in town, will be just fine come next fall. Despite what the doomsayers are telling you. I can think of other BS we can and will cut in town before the schools go under.
I wish I didn't have to say it, but I told you so.

On Friday, the Mansfield School System pink slipped over 100 people. Over 70 of those people were teachers.

*If* Mansfield receives the amount they are expecting from the bailout, the schools will still be at a $1-1.4 Million deficit. Discussions will be taking place over the next couple weeks about the possible need for even more layoffs.

Mansfield is on track to have over 40 kids per classroom throughout the school system. Are you okay with your kids being piled into classrooms with 35+ other students, in rooms made for only 25 students?

But this is just the schools doing what they always do, right? I told you guys this wasn't the same as past years.