Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 06-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
recent concert reviews

tough subject only because everyone may see the glass half full, rather than half empty.

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
Aerosmith @ comcast

on a scale of 1-10 I'd have to give this show a 6 and if you add in the score to the Drop Kick Murphy's it would even take it down another two knotches.
Aerosmith stage/lightshow had to be one of the most awesome ones I have seen. Steven Tyler still sounds as good as he ever did and Joe Perry did do some smokin short solos, But I do feel bad for the folks that shelled out $300 for a ticket to see them play less than an hour and a half. This was the hometown show and I expected a bit more. the encore (1) was lame with sound failures and forgotten words to the "Love That Dirty Water" song. I would have to say if ZZ Top had played it absolutely would have changed my whole outlook about this concert.

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Slingah

the last time my wife dragged me to see them, they were filming a scene from a movie and made it out to be a special thing to be there....the kept doing retakes playing the same parts over....it sucked...thats like double dipping....they should have payed me to be an extra......
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
it was a good time. i enjoyed it. but with the morons pummeling me in the back during dropkick murphys and aerosmith forgetting words and other things(i give them credit for trying though! still love them!)it was just hyped up so much that i had big expectations for it. wasn't up there as my favorite concert. Would I go see them again? absolutely! I do agree with Dad though, if ZZ would have played instead of Dropkick, woulda been a totally different scene.

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
26 days till Nickelback.

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote