Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Strategy meeting?????

So on the same day the articles of impeachment are submitted, Floridaman is meeting with Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister behind closed doors...what do you think that will be about?

Floridaman met Russia foreign minister Lavrov in the Oval Office on May 10, 2017, the day after he fired FBI James Comey. Floridaman exulted to the Russians that the FBI pressure upon him had been "taken off."

5 days after Floridaman met with Lavrov, the Washington Post reported: Floridaman had revealed to the Russians classified info "so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government".

White House efforts to deny the Washington Post story were immediately sabotaged by Floridaman himself, who confirmed the story on Twitter early on the morning of May 16, 2017.

So, instead, later on the morning of May 16, National Security Director HR McMaster stepped forward to minimize the disaster. He described Floridaman's actions as "wholly appropriate" and insisted that Floridaman had not compromised sources or methods.

Later that same day, May 16, then Press Secretary Sean Spicer blasted the media ... for reporting on Floridaman's blabbing. Spicer denounced the reporting on Floridaman's blurt as "frankly dangerous" and "extremely troubling"

Two years later, in September 2019, CNN reported that shortly after Floridaman's blurt to the Russians, the CIA abruptly decided to ex-filtrate its single most intelligence source inside Russia, because it could not trust Floridaman not to betray him.

The CIA was alarmed not only by Floridaman's Oval Office blurts on May 15, 2017, but also- and maybe even more - by his no-witnesses meeting with Vladimir Putin in Hamburg in July 2017. That's the meeting where Floridaman afterward seized and destroyed the translator's notes.

Putin's Puppet hard at work

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

Thank you for sharing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump must feel besieged and wronged by the articles of impeachment so it’s nice he’s meeting with the Russian foreign minister this morning to get some moral support.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
Jim in CT

there can’t possibly be a legitimate reason for
an american president to meet with a Russian foreign minister.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Appearances are everything in diplomacy, who you take a meeting with counts.

It is readily apparent which side Putin's Puppet is on.

French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel took part in the negotiations, but all eyes were on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who represent opposing sides in a five-year war that has claimed the lives of around 13,000 people.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
Jim in CT

appearances are everything? but nothing to see when Bill Clinton met privately with Loretta Lynch just before the DOJ cleared Hilary.

What you mean to say, is that appearances matter when it helps you criticize republicans.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump must feel besieged.
He’ll feel better knowing that post impeachment polls show him
“surging” in battleground states.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/thank...ign=benshapiro
Old 12-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
appearances are everything? but nothing to see when Bill Clinton met privately with Loretta Lynch just before the DOJ cleared Hilary.

What you mean to say, is that appearances matter when it helps you criticize republicans.
Well that's as close as you can get to: But Hillary without saying it..........

How is that meeting in any way comparable to an Oval Office meeting with the head diplomat of the adversary of a nation that the USA is supporting?

You consistently conflate domestic issues or policy with foreign.

They are significantly different............

Last edited by Pete F.; 12-10-2019 at 12:18 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
How is that meeting in any way comparable to an Oval Office meeting with the head diplomat of the adversary of a nation that the USA is supporting?

so corruption related to domestic issues, at least when involving politicians you happen
to like, is more benign than a possibly corrupt discussion regarding foreign issues.

your logic explains trumps approval trends among blacks and in swing states.

do liberals understand that it doesn’t help unseat trump to get 100% of the vote in CA, if it means losing PA and OH?

Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
He’ll feel better knowing that post impeachment polls show him
“surging” in battleground states.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/thank...ign=benshapiro
329 days to go

No opponent selected

Floridaman is being impeached https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...mpeachment.pdf

Floridaman will be tried in the Senate

It ain't over

Maybe the fat man will sing, he's certainly been twittering...............

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
329 days to go

No opponent selected

Floridaman is being impeached https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...mpeachment.pdf

Floridaman will be tried in the Senate

It ain't over

Maybe the fat man will sing, he's certainly been twittering...............
"329 days to go"

True, a lot can happen.

'No opponent selected"

True, but unless Hilary or Michelle get in, your best bet is Biden, an old white guy who even Obama (his boss) won't endorse, he's not likely to energize swing-state liberals more than Hilary did. He's also getting weirder and weirder by the day. "I like it when little boys rub the hair on my legs?" How does he not know how creepy that sounds?

"Floridaman is being impeached "

Yes, we all heard. Do yo understand that this may help him, more than it hurts him?

"Floridaman will be tried in the Senate'

And the likelihood he gets convicted, is exactly 0%. Exactly zero. At best you get Murkowski, Collins, Romney...

"Maybe the fat man will sing"

And the song may be "We Are The Champions."

I can happily live with whatever happens, it won't be harder for me than the Obama years when he had a huge congressional majority. Will you be OK if he wins? I can't see how.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-10-2019 at 12:34 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"329 days to go"

True, a lot can happen.

'No opponent selected"

True, but unless Hilary or Michelle get in, your best bet is Biden, an old white guy who even Obama (his boss) won't endorse, he's not likely to energize swing-state liberals more than Hilary did. He's also getting weirder and weirder by the day. "I like it when little boys rub the hair on my legs?" How does he not know how creepy that sounds?

"Floridaman is being impeached "

Yes, we all heard. Do yo understand that this may help him, more than it hurts him?

It’s important to remember that even in Watergate, it took more than a year of investigation — and a lot of evidence against Nixon — to reach the point where Republicans were voting for impeachment.

"Floridaman will be tried in the Senate'

And the likelihood he gets convicted, is exactly 0%. Exactly zero. At best you get Murkowski, Collins, Romney...

It ain't over till..............

"Maybe the fat man will sing"

And the song may be "We Are The Champions."

Or Jailhouse Rock

I can happily live with whatever happens, it won't be harder than the Obama years. Will you be OK if he wins?
I'll be fine, a little bored perhaps, but they can impeach him again....

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

Can just one of you explain why it's not a valid argument to point out a glaring double standard or hypocrisy? Why isn't it not only valid but a compelling argument, for me to say you shouldn't criticize Trump for things you ignored when liberals did it?

When all you can counter with is "but Obama", or "but Hilary", that seems to be proving my point. You're admitting that the only thing different now, is that Trump is now doing these things, and that the standards for what's acceptable have changed.

Did the rules for what's acceptable change in January 2017, yes or no?
Old 12-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
Appearances are everything in diplomacy, who you take a meeting with counts.

It is readily apparent which side Putin's Puppet is on.

French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel took part in the negotiations, but all eyes were on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who represent opposing sides in a five-year war that has claimed the lives of around 13,000 people.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Can just one of you explain why it's not a valid argument to point out a glaring double standard or hypocrisy? Why isn't it not only valid but a compelling argument, for me to say you shouldn't criticize Trump for things you ignored when liberals did it?

When all you can counter with is "but Obama", or "but Hilary", that seems to be proving my point. You're admitting that the only thing different now, is that Trump is now doing these things, and that the standards for what's acceptable have changed.

Did the rules for what's acceptable change in January 2017, yes or no?
The rules that Floridaman operates under are certainly different than any preceeding president.

On the basis of your argument, Floridaman should be impeached and you should support it.

What did Bill Clinton say to Loretta Lynch?
Do you know?
But yet you would draw and quarter both of them for what you surmise.

You ignore that Hillary Clinton cooperated with the investigation, was interviewed under oath, furnished many documents (and nobody was indicted) as compared to Floridaman stonewalling with zero testimony, zero cooperation, zero documents and at least 7 indictments.

Meanwhile in Floridaman's White House top aides run around communicating with foreign leaders on Whatsapp, having solitary meetings with them and using private email servers. His "private" attorney runs around m#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g in foreign governments trying to dig up or fabricate dirt on his opponents or to disprove that Russia interfered with the 2016 elections.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Back to the subject, how Floridaman is #^&#^&#^&#^&ing Zelensky and aligning with Putin.

Lavrov, in his joint press conference with Pompeo, states that Ukrainian's interference in the 2016 shows once again that Russia did not interfere in the U.S. election.

And Pompeo says................nothing

The most dangerous aspect of this is who believes this Kremlin line; namely the President of the United States, his administration and his party, who believe the GRU over the united mass of American intelligence.

Last edited by Pete F.; 12-10-2019 at 02:41 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
The rules that Floridaman operates under are certainly different than any preceeding president.

On the basis of your argument, Floridaman should be impeached and you should support it.

What did Bill Clinton say to Loretta Lynch?
Do you know?
But yet you would draw and quarter both of them for what you surmise.

You ignore that Hillary Clinton cooperated with the investigation, was interviewed under oath, furnished many documents (and nobody was indicted) as compared to Floridaman stonewalling with zero testimony, zero cooperation, zero documents and at least 7 indictments.

Meanwhile in Floridaman's White House top aides run around communicating with foreign leaders on Whatsapp, having solitary meetings with them and using private email servers. His "private" attorney runs around m#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g in foreign governments trying to dig up or fabricate dirt on his opponents or to disprove that Russia interfered with the 2016 elections.
nonsensical foaming at the mouth.

you have no problem with clinton meeting with lynch, because you don’t know what was said. But neither do you know what trump said to the russian minister, yet you concluded it was inappropriate because of appearance.

You don’t know what trump
discussed in his meeting. but based on its appearance, you conclude it’s an inappropriate meeting.

You don’t know what clinton and lynch discussed, therefore you won’t form an opinion on the appropriateness of the meeting. The appearance, in this case, doesn’t matter to you. With Trump, appearance was enough.

You are an obvious, naked, glaring, hypocrite. You’re applying completely different standards based on the political party of the person involved, and when
i point that out, all you can say is “ but Hilary...”

Destroyed.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
nonsensical foaming at the mouth.

you have no problem with clinton meeting with lynch, because you don’t know what was said. But neither do you know what trump said to the russian minister, yet you concluded it was inappropriate because of appearance.

When was the meeting on the tarmac? Why today would I care?

You don’t know what trump
discussed in his meeting. but based on its appearance, you conclude it’s an inappropriate meeting.

You don’t know what clinton and lynch discussed, therefore you won’t form an opinion on the appropriateness of the meeting. The appearance, in this case, doesn’t matter to you. With Trump, appearance was enough.

You are an obvious, naked, glaring, hypocrite. You’re applying completely different standards based on the political party of the person involved, and when
i point that out, all you can say is “ but Hilary...”

Destroyed.
I don't understand why you felt the need to inject Clinton into this, but since you did.
You have a problem with Clinton and Lynch because you assume, with no basis, that they negotiated something. But no problem with Floridaman even though Sondland, Taylor, Hill and others assumed, with basis testified to under oath, that he asked for information to benefit him politically in return for aid to Ukraine.

And you claim I am a hypocrite.

But once again you assume you have destroyed me by conflating issues and claiming they are the same.

The act of a meeting with someone in the Oval Office's importance in diplomacy is not the same as someone meeting another person on an airport runway.

That is why it was so important to Zelensky that he got the Oval Office meeting.

Failing to understand the difference or import of these decisions explains why you think our allies are solid, our foreign relations are stable and that you believe Floridaman has an understanding and grasp on what our foreign policy is now, where it was and where it is going.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Pete: Trumps meeting with the Russian official is inappropriate.

Jim: You don't know what they discussed.

Pete: It's the appearance. The appearance matters, and it appears inappropriate.

Jim: How about Bill Clinton's meeting with Loretta Lynch? That didn't appear inappropriate?

Pete: We don't know what Clinton and Lynch discussed. Since we don't know what was discussed, we can't judge the validity of the meeting.

Jim: so you'll convict Trump based on appearance, but not Bill Clinton?

Pete: A-der-der.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete: Trumps meeting with the Russian official is inappropriate.

Jim: You don't know what they discussed.

Pete: It's the appearance. The appearance matters, and it appears inappropriate.

Jim: How about Bill Clinton's meeting with Loretta Lynch? That didn't appear inappropriate?

Pete: We don't know what Clinton and Lynch discussed. Since we don't know what was discussed, we can't judge the validity of the meeting.

Jim: so you'll convict Trump based on appearance, but not Bill Clinton?

Pete: A-der-der.
Gibberish
Failing to understand the difference or import of these decisions explains why you think our allies are solid, our foreign relations are stable and that you believe Floridaman has an understanding and grasp on what our foreign policy is now, where it was and where it is going.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Why you don’t give Lavrov a pulpit unless you’re Putin’s Puppet
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov: "We have highlighted once again that all speculation about our alleged interference in domestic processes in the US are baseless. There are no facts that would support that ...no one has given us this proof because it simply does not exist"
Old 12-10-2019, 07:52 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

And Floridaman’s lackey
Pompeo kinda-sorta pushes back on Lavrov: "We think we've shared plenty of facts to show what happened in the 2016 election with our Russian counterparts. We don't think there's any mistake about what really transpired there."
Old 12-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Why would we have any diplomatic contact at all with Russia after election 2016? Why are we allowing a Russian foreign minister to stand in the US and publicly spout these lies and call us liars on our own soil?
And Ukraine still hasn’t received all the aid.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:22 PM   #23
Sea Dangles

PeteF, you should probably get some sleep. You have uncovered some valuable information that should honestly help the lawyers uncover the real truth and who are trying to deter the president. Tomorrow is another big day so get some rest. XXOO. PS,I feel you are gaining ground on the elusive Floridaman.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

No meeting for President Zelensky of Ukraine, our ALLY COUNTRY. Instead, Floridaman meets with Russia to show his support for Ukraine's criminal opposition...
Old 12-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #25
Sea Dangles

🍔🤡🍔