Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
FishermanTim

There is definitely something questionable about this!

We here that even though T ridership is at an all-time high, the T will still have to raise their fares.

OK, then we have the news that the TD Garden is buying the T garage at North Station for $75 million.

And then we have the "genius" plan to rent bicycles to run around the city, which will effect T ridership.

Can there be ANYONE in a position of power within the T and the city/state that has one iota of intelligence?

These stupid tactics are like telling everyone that gas will drop by $1.00 per gallon, but they are closing 3/4 of all the stations in the state.

It's sounds like that kind of logic is running both entities.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
BigBo

That sort of logic is everywhere now.

I just saw the story about the USPS threatening to close a lot of regional and local offices. They cited the lack of foot traffic coming into the local stations with the shift towards buying postage online.
A couple weeks ago I had several packages to mail. I brought them into my local office and was in the process of paying th epostage for everything when the branch manager happened to be near the counter. She started giving me a load of crap saying that next time they want me to pay the postage online before bringing the packages in. I brought some more in today and she got a little testy with me again. I asked her what her motive was as it seems counter to what they should be looking for. I asked her if she was for laying off the mail handlers and closing branches? She got pissed and stormed off.
The mail handler waiting on me laughed and said I was absolutely right.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Backbeach Jake

For years in the flatrate automotive trade the answer to low revenue during slow times was to hire more techs.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post

I just saw the story about the USPS threatening to close a lot of regional and local offices. They cited the lack of foot traffic coming into the local stations with the shift towards buying postage online.
A couple weeks ago I had several packages to mail. I brought them into my local office and was in the process of paying th epostage for everything when the branch manager happened to be near the counter. She started giving me a load of crap saying that next time they want me to pay the postage online before bringing the packages in. I brought some more in today and she got a little testy with me again. I asked her what her motive was as it seems counter to what they should be looking for. I asked her if she was for laying off the mail handlers and closing branches? She got pissed and stormed off.
And they F-in wonder why they are losing billions of dollars????

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

Maybe that is why they want to increase the state gas tax
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #6
Raven

i would have reported her to the postmaster general
as being in serious need of a "leave of absense"
to correct her foul attitude
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

I woulda yelled and thrown rocks
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
UserRemoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I take the commuter rail to Boston every day. Its a disaster. This winter, (made headlines) it was so unreliable. I froze my arse off for hours some days. Leaving for work at 7:15, getting to Boston at 10.
This summer, track work, adds an additional 10 - 15 minutes each day. Anyone that tells you train commuting is great is a moron.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:

Don't worry. They're only considering closing branches in the poorer urban areas... Folks in Scituate and Marshfield can relax... Brant Rock, North Marshfield, Marshfield, Green Harbor, Green Bush, Ocean Bluff, Humarock, Scituate, Marshfield Hills, Minot, and North Scituate Stations all to remain open!
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
saltfly

Quote:

You should have told her"If I'm NOT here.Then You're NOT here!" then ask for her name and contact the regional postmaster.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote