Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
I am not a homophobe, I am a lack of freedom and privacy phobe.
The whole thing, the Patriot Act, the TSA is all over the top bull#^&#^&#^&#^&, more ready, fire, aim, left over from the failed Busch Admin. And I am a Republican and will vote for Romney.
It sounds like you probably like the gentle tickle of Sam's fingers as they brush the twig and berries.
Yet, you don't like that you like it.

This certainly isn't homophobia, just a little awkward curiosity is all.

Hey, we've all been there. Don't think that Nebe blowing on a big steel pipe hasn't raised the hair on my arms a few times.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #32
Duke41
got gas?

[QUOTE=spence;927534]It sounds like you probably like the gentle tickle of Sam's fingers as they brush the twig and berries.
Yet, you don't like that you like it.

Now those are the words of a homophobe.

Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #33
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Fixed.

I fly at least every other week and have never had an issue with TSA in dozens of airports.

Yes, fitting all my hair and skin care products into a 1 quart bag isn't easy, but I can manage.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
...and I fly every week. In fact, wheels up at 6:15 AM tomorrow to San Fran for a week. So you got groped. Big friggin' deal. Suck it up and deal with it. It is here to stay. As the freak said. if you don't like it, "take a bus".
I did just under 200,000 miles in the air last year and all in the continental 48. I have seen it all with TSA. Some of them are ego maniacs because they have a badge. The vast majority of them are just trying to do their job. I really don't have a problem with them.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
Duke41
got gas?

Piemma that is Bull#^&#^&#^&#^&. My point we should not give in to this. All the suck it up and take a bus , train etc.. is just giving in to this striping of our rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. The feds at this point are locking up American citizens at Guantamino Bay with out charges or legal rep, the are now programs that cruise sites like facebook looking for clues that a person may have cheated on their taxes now used by the IRS. There are cameras everywhere, they have been illegal phone taps by the FBI. The government is running wild all over our rights. This is our county and yet we have no say as to what happens. This war is not against Iraq or Afghanistan is against American citizens.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #35
Duke41
got gas?

This agency is just a jobs program for the unemployable. There have been 70 reported security breaches in the last 14 months. After sixty billion dollars they can't cite one success, fail 70% of security tests and allow 60% of the freight in the hold to go unchecked.

Add to that 62 TSA screeners arrested in 2011 for serious crime, including rape and murder and six more in 2012. Last year, eleven TSA screeners were charged with sex crimes involving children.

TSA Propaganda – TSA is needed because the private screeners failed to stop the 9/11 attacks.
Fact – The FBI and NSA were tipped off in advance about the 9/11 hijackers but refused to share information with each other and did not alert the airlines or private screening firms.

TSA Propaganda - There hasn’t been a terrorist attack since 2001 proving that the TSA procedures are necessary.
Fact - There were no attacks between 2001 and 2010 without groping and scanning passengers.

TSA Propaganda - These procedures are necessary to prevent another underwear bomber.
Fact – Omar Farouk was intercepted trying to board a US bound flight in Amsterdam, not by TSA. A bomber could just as easily board a flight to LAX in Tijuana.

TSA Propaganda – The TSA screeners are just doing their jobs.
Fact – So were the guards at Auschwitz.

TSA can’t prevent crime within their ranks, but we’re supposed to trust this agency with airport security. We can't do any worse with private firms and at least won't waste $8 billion every year on a bloated Federal agency.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #36
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Ok Duke. Suppose I say I agree with everything you said. WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
TSA isn't going away. It's not going to be privatized. It may not stop one terrorist from boarding a plane with a bomb, or a box cutter or a loaded sneaker but it is here to stay and I have to put up with it every week so I accept it as part of my job.
Now you tell me what we can do to mitigate this situation.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #37
Finaddict

Paul - I don't fly as nearly as much as you do, but once this year is over I will have a few months total on the road ... I typically check my bag so I don't have to deal with carrying so much stuff ... always have my briefcase/satchel ... but for the TSA, I usually find them pretty decent ... and surprised that the alarms have not sounded with all the pins/plate, etc. that are now residing in my left leg from my accident last year ... just try to be prepared in advance and it goes much more smoothly.

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #38
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaddict View Post
Paul - I don't fly as nearly as much as you do, but once this year is over I will have a few months total on the road ... I typically check my bag so I don't have to deal with carrying so much stuff ... always have my briefcase/satchel ... but for the TSA, I usually find them pretty decent ... and surprised that the alarms have not sounded with all the pins/plate, etc. that are now residing in my left leg from my accident last year ... just try to be prepared in advance and it goes much more smoothly.
And that's the secret. Be prepared. I wear loafers, I always take my belt off and billfold, money, passport, boarding pass everything goes in my briefcase. I just figure they have a job to do and I have to live with it so let's make it as easy for everyone as possible.

Funny stuff about all the pins and plates!!!

I had open heart surgery in 03 and 6 months later I was going through the magnetometer in O'Hare and it went off. The TSA guy kept wanding me and finally made me go in a room and take off my shirt. When he saw the scar that went from my throat to my bellybutton, he felt really bad.

Last edited by piemma; 03-19-2012 at 02:07 AM..

Old 03-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #39
Raven

the problem is.......it's a much HIGHER probability
that some sort of explosive device will be smuggled
in luggage than on an individuals body
...and the luggage isn't screened
as well as the individuals flying.

As far as i'm concerned....if their security is so crappy that they don't know
my profile long before i even set foot in an airport than their security is meaningless.

i no longer fly... is it a rush? absolutely! will i subject myself to their bull$hit
no freakin way...! besides one Q tip swab is all that is required to search a person
and beyond that ,,,, it is PURE insanity
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Duke, if you want to compare Auschwitz anything with the TSA you need a serious reality check. This program is there for security reasons, there shouldn't have to be another attack or life lost for them to try and improve our chance of a safe trip. Your position is without merit and a fools errand.How old are you to be spouting this gibberish?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #41
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Ok Duke. Suppose I say I agree with everything you said. WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
TSA isn't going away. It's not going to be privatized. It may not stop one terrorist from boarding a plane with a bomb, or a box cutter or a loaded sneaker but it is here to stay and I have to put up with it every week so I accept it as part of my job.
Now you tell me what we can do to mitigate this situation.
If you don't like it, you can either roll over and accept that blatant invasion of privacy and the continual destruction of the Constitution in the name of "security."

Some people just lay down and take these assaults as "a necessary evil" yet it's been proven time and time again that the TSA is ineffective. Seen the recent videos that show how easy our required shot of radiation is to fool?
TSA body scanners proven ineffective by citizen journalist The Right Scoop -

It'd be much easier for a terrorist to hide items in areas in their body other than down under their balls. Would you people tell everyone to "suck it up" if boarding a plane required random "cavity screenings"?
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #42
Sea Dangles

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to fly. It does grant you the right to bear arms,using your flawed logic this would enable all passengers to board a plane unchecked and carrying a concealed weapon...brilliant.
Save your pennies and buy a private jet,otherwise save your breath for something more constructive.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #43
Duke41
got gas?

Alright lemmings. Lets see what hoops we have to jump through next. I for one am ready for another Tea Party..not a tea bag party.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #44
PaulS

Flying to chicago tom. and then San Antonio. I bet I have no problems and my boys will be untouched.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #45
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
If you don't like it, you can either roll over and accept that blatant invasion of privacy and the continual destruction of the Constitution in the name of "security."

Some people just lay down and take these assaults as "a necessary evil" yet it's been proven time and time again that the TSA is ineffective.
Back to Dangles point, you don't have the right to fly.

I think the TSA is a lot more effective that you're giving them credit for. The very presence of security alone will inhibit a lot of threats. The liquid rule, shoe rule and pat downs while appearing silly are actually probably going slow down a lot of potential attacks as the bad guys are forced to spend more time and resources planning than executing.

Some argue we should move towards a behavioral profiling system like Israel uses...but I'm not sure that would scale to size the American air system.

If they did I could just see some of you guys asking why it's any of their right to know where you were going

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #46
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Some argue we should move towards a behavioral profiling system like Israel uses...but I'm not sure that would scale to size the American air system.

If they did I could just see some of you guys asking why it's any of their right to know where you were going

-spence
This has already started. You must've missed my comment about the required interrogation at Logan before getting to the security gate. Like I said above, it's only a matter of time before we're randomly required to squat down and spread our cheeks.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #47
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
This has already started. You must've missed my comment about the required interrogation at Logan before getting to the security gate. Like I said above, it's only a matter of time before we're randomly required to squat down and spread our cheeks.
They interrogated you because you look shady. Most of us have no problems getting through security.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I'm of the mindset that the only thing I ask of the airlines is a safe landing...
Isn't that the same as a "Happy Ending"?

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #49
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
They interrogated you because you look shady. Most of us have no problems getting through security.
I've only been further inspected a couple times, one of which included the full rub and tug treatment due to what they called a "false positive" during my shot of radiation. I don't think a young, clean-cut white guy dressed business casual is high up on their "suspicious looking" list.

Just because I'm not the one getting my butt crack fingered before every flight doesn't mean watching the complete, unnecessary erosion of civil liberties around me is any less disgusting - especially when the invasive processes have been demonstrated to be ineffective.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #50
Sea Dangles

What civil liberty are you talking about?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #51
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
What civil liberty are you talking about?
He's quite the alarmist, huh? Civil liberties being eroded? Maybe he's upset that they haven't taken him in the private room for the fingering of the butt crack.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #52
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

One of the guys I worked with for thirty years checked every crotch. It pained me to see it until he found one POS hiding a loaded .32 pistol up his a s s.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #53
Piscator

I travel a lot and never really have any issues and no nut grabbing (I’m sure most of those guys hate doing it anyway). Only problem I ever had was when a TSA guy in Orlando dropped my laptop during a swab test. Thing was toast and I lost the hard drive and all my work stuff. Honest mistake and not intentional.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #54
Duke41
got gas?

More proof that the TSA is out of control.

3-Year-Old Boy In Wheelchair Harassed By TSA Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

It supposed this is neccsary to ensure the safety and freedom of America.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #55
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I'm of the mindset that the only thing I ask of the airlines is a safe landing...
im with you

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #56
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
im with you
Me too..

there's a reason I'm a captain, not a pilot... I can swim, not fly...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #57
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
3-Year-Old Boy In Wheelchair Harassed By TSA Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

It supposed this is neccsary to ensure the safety and freedom of America.
Duke, do you think they did this because they enjoy it? They want to harrass a disabled child.....

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #58
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

So I just got to SFO after 2 days of USAirways &^&%^$% ups. I went thru 4 TSA checks. No problems. Dress like you should be there and they pretty much leave you alone.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

The new millimeter wave machines in the screening areas are certainly reducing the amount of patdowns. A real shame because with the new hip I was getting a lot of backhand. What happens when you get measured for a suit or tux and pop a rod?Does that make me gay?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #60
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Na Chris, I think you just really like your new suit.