Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-31-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Rudy, Rudy Rudy

Man if that guy was my attorney, he'd have been released months ago, his swan song isn't going so well.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, actually, Crime is not a Crime.
It is not listed anywhere that I can find.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-31-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
spence

Wheels are coming off the bus.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:41 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Man if that guy was my attorney, he'd have been released months ago, his swan song isn't going so well.
He has lost a few mph off his fastball, unfortunately. Should have retired a little while ago.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
Nebe

Collusion isn’t illegal 😂😂😂😂👍
What a clown
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-31-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

I think he's setting Baby Donny Bonespur up so he can claim inadequate representation.
Hard to believe that a guy who claims to bring in the best people thinks Rudy and Cohen fit that description.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-31-2018, 09:32 AM   #7
PaulS

AP FACT CHECK: Collusion Not a Crime? Not Exactly the Point.
By The Associated Press
• July 30, 2018

o
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump denies any "collusion" with the Russians, while his lawyer Rudy Giuliani says it's not even a crime. Case closed? Not exactly.
Giuliani is right that the term "collusion" isn't a precise one when it comes to U.S. law. But that doesn't change the potential legal fallout stemming from the Russia investigation, which could touch on laws against computer hacking, election fraud and conspiracy against the United States.
A look at the buzz term "collusion" and what we're really talking about:
GIULIANI on Fox News on Monday: "I have been sitting here looking in the federal code trying to find collusion as a crime...Collusion is not a crime."
TRUMP on Twitter on Sunday: "There is No Collusion!"
THE FACTS: Giuliani is technically right that election collusion isn't a precise legal term. (While we're at it, election "meddling" isn't either.) The U.S. code mostly uses the term "collusion" in antitrust laws to address crimes like price fixing.
But there are plenty of specific laws on the books that could apply if Trump's presidential campaign is found to have collaborated with Moscow, including a conspiracy to defraud the United States. There are also laws against election fraud, computer hacking, wire fraud and falsifying records, if those apply.
So far, special counsel Robert Mueller has accused the Russians of hacking into Democrats' computers and stealing emails, as well as trying to stoke U.S. tensions before the 2016 election using social media. Mueller has already accused Trump's former campaign chairman and another top aide of working as foreign agents for Ukrainian interests and funneling millions of dollars from the work into offshore accounts used to fund lavish lifestyles.
Mueller might decide, for example, that a crime was committed if he finds evidence that an American was involved in the hack of Democrats, either by soliciting it or paying someone to do it.
The investigation also has exposed Moscow's aggressive outreach to the Trump campaign, including a promise of "dirt" on Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in a meeting attended by Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr.
If Trump or his aides knew in advance that Russia had the trove of stolen emails and did nothing to alert federal authorities, they could be accused of covering up the crime of stolen emails or working as foreign agents. Although it's rare for the Justice Department to charge people for not reporting illegal behavior, it's also not often that a special counsel team, with a wide-ranging mandate to find wrongdoing, is on the case.
As well, a conspiracy to defraud the United States can be used to refer to any two people using "deceit, craft, or trickery" to interfere with governmental functions, such as an election.
In other words, "collusion" might be shorthand. But if it relates to Russia and U.S. elections, it can still be very much against the law.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #8
PaulS

“Wow, they are really moving the goal posts on this. First it was, ‘Russia didn’t interfere in the election,’ then it was, ‘O.K., they did, but nobody on the Trump team met with them.’ Then it was ‘O.K., they did, but it was just about adoptions.’ Then it was, ‘O.K., they offered us dirt on Hillary, but there was no collusion.’ And now we’re at, ‘Collusion is not a crime.’ What’s next? ‘O.K., collusion’s a crime, but it’s just a little crime.’ And then it’ll be, ‘Since when are crimes illegal? If crimes are illegal, take me away!’” — STEPHEN COLBERT
Old 07-31-2018, 09:52 AM   #9
spence

Heard on the news the other day the reason they used the word "collusion" initially so as not to prompt an even harsher push back from the White House. In this case collusion and conspiracy are pretty much interchangeable.

Amazing that Rudy is trying to get ahead of even more Russian contact that's coming out. This doesn't look good for the Trump family.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #10
Nebe

lock them all up. Even those who colluded with the collusioners
Old 07-31-2018, 10:31 AM   #11
zimmy

I love that Comrade Tweety has changed his story from there is no collusion to collusion is not a crime. He must feel like that Springsteen song, I feel the heat coming round....I'm going down down down down
Old 07-31-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
wdmso

I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman'

For his deceit, Clinton became the second president in American history impeached by the House of Representatives—

Whats is the cost for Trump deceit ... Were are Republican values now?
Old 07-31-2018, 04:55 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

For his deceit, Clinton became the second president in American history impeached by the House of Representatives—

how many democrats voted in favor of impeaching Clinton?
Old 08-01-2018, 05:16 AM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

They're waiting for someone to bring them Putin's blue dress

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-01-2018, 06:50 AM   #15
PaulS

There are reports White House lawyer Don McGahn and Reince Prebius wrote memos and later told Mueller that they told Trump Flynn was under investigation bf Trump told Comey to lay of Flynn - Pres. Trump, you're in a bunch of trouble.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #16
wdmso

can you say obstruction of justice

Giuliani says Trump "was expressing his opinion" with Sessions tweet
exercising His 1a rights ......

OMG lets hear the excuses

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
..This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!

9:24 AM - Aug 1, 2018

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Russian Collusion with the Trump Campaign, one of the most successful in history, is a TOTAL HOAX. The Democrats paid for the phony and discredited Dossier which was, along with Comey, McCabe, Strzok and his lover, the lovely Lisa Page, used to begin the Witch Hunt. Disgraceful!
Old 08-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Just amazing our president is commenting on a trial in front of a judge and the man on trial ran his campaign for several months, if that is an attempt at obstruction of justice I don’t know what is. Me thinks DJTprotests to loudly, the heat turning up clearly is impacting his good judgement; although I’m not sure he ever had any to begin with.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Just amazing our president is commenting on a trial in front of a judge and the man on trial ran his campaign for several months, if that is an attempt at obstruction of justice I don’t know what is. Me thinks DJTprotests to loudly, the heat turning up clearly is impacting his good judgement; although I’m not sure he ever had any to begin with.
And publicly suggesting his AG blow up the investigation breathing down his neck...and it looks now like Trump knew about the Flynn investigation when he told Comey to lay off him...

It goes on and on...
Old 08-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #19
PaulS

President Trump lost his temper today because he heard Mueller wanted to talk to him about obstruction of justice.