Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

The Democratic Debate

Tell me something I don't know.
Bigger government, more spending programs, more regulations, more debt
and higher taxes.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Hilary did well enough, that I can't imagine Biden will run, unless she gets indicted, which is unlikely.

When saying that "all lives matter" becomes controversial, it's time fo rthe party to take a good, long look in the mirror.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
Jim in CT

I also liked that when Hilary was asked who she was proud to be enemies with, her list included Iran and Republicans.

So if she were to be elected, I can look forward to the same warm sense of inclusiveness I get from Weird Harold.

She is one of the undisupted leaders in a party that claims to be all about tolerance, correct? Yet in her tolerant opinion, everyone who votes Republican is an "enemy". And of course, no one calls her on it. She is the self-proclaimed enemy of half the country. Her husband knew how to be President of all of us, I thought.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-14-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Old 10-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Fly Rod

Jim.... how can Biden get in the race now he has nothing to give.....Bernie gave the give me program a super market and Hillary gave em a mega mall.....but they never said who was going to pay for it....UUUUUUUUU RRRRRRRRR...lol

She should have pointed to Bernie and said, "what Bernie said."...

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 10-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
She is one of the undisupted leaders in a party that claims to be all about tolerance, correct? Yet in her tolerant opinion, everyone who votes Republican is an "enemy". And of course, no one calls her on it. She is the self-proclaimed enemy of half the country. Her husband knew how to be President of all of us, I thought.
S-A-R-C-A-S-M
Old 10-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Spence, what did you get out of the debate that was different
than was listed above?

" Choose Life "
Old 10-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
S-A-R-C-A-S-M
The (potential) POTUS needs to learn to check the sarcasm then......there's a time to be serious and the time to be an ass-clown. A presidential debate is the time to be serious
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
S-A-R-C-A-S-M
How would you conclude she wasn't sincere? The GOP was accused of hating the poor, hating the sick, hating the elderly, waging war on women, being homophoboic, in the NRA's pocket. She says, and she was not being sarcastic, that she's sick of the Republican attacks on Planned Parenthood. She said that Bill didn't cheat on her, but rather was the victim of a vast Republican conspiracy. Was she being sarcastic then, Spence?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Jim.... how can Biden get in the race now he has nothing to give.....Bernie gave the give me program a super market and Hillary gave em a mega mall.....but they never said who was going to pay for it....UUUUUUUUU RRRRRRRRR...lol

She should have pointed to Bernie and said, "what Bernie said."...
After that debate, I think Biden would only get in if she's indicted, which is unlikely at best.

My favorite, when she was asked how her Presidency would be different from Obama's. She wasn't going to answer truthfully (which would require her to say there'd be no difference in policy), so she pointed to herself and said "look at me! I'm a woman! Yay! Hooray for me!!"

And of course, they let her get away with that bullsh*t.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #10
Fishpart
Keep The Change

I like where she was asked about the war on the 1% which she happens to be part of and her reply was basically that I earned mine. Apparently no one else worked for theirs. I guess if getting $500,000 for a 1 hour speech at a non-profit is earning it then she is correct.

Either way, I can't wait for all the free pony rides starting in January 2017..

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 10-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
H She said that Bill didn't cheat on her, but rather was the victim of a vast Republican conspiracy. Was she being sarcastic then, Spence?
Had to be a conspiracy...his #^&#^&#^&#^& just fell into her mouth......happens all the time.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-17-2015, 05:05 AM   #12
scottw

I was listening to the guy from the North Shore who did all of the infomercials for questionable products being interviewed by the morning WEEI guys the other day and he reminded me of Hillary...as I listened I thought...this guy is completely insane...pathological and probably dangerous....despite all of the evidence of his wrong doings being pointed out...he insisted he was a victim, either of circumstance, fault of others, vindictiveness of others...his shamelessness was remarkable, he'd never heard of the guy that he had as a partner on one of his businesses, was just trying to help people, dismissive of any criticism...the guy made a fortune being an amoral, deceptive creep..that any American still supports HRC to be our President is deeply disturbing...I know the dem choices are pathetic but at some point you have to admit that you just can't support someone so dishonest...we're coming up on 30 years of evidence as to her perpetual dishonesty and manipulative tendencies and we learn more every day but it's hard to get at the truth when someone is skilled and content to constantly tell you lies

Last edited by scottw; 10-17-2015 at 05:15 AM..
Old 10-17-2015, 05:14 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Had to be a conspiracy...his #^&#^&#^&#^& just fell into her mouth......happens all the time.
great line that I just read....

"The Clintons talk about a right-wing conspiracy when they are a left-wing corruptocracy."
Old 10-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #14
Nebe

You're a fool if you don't think corruption isn't on both both parties dirty hands.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
You're a fool if you don't think corruption isn't on both both parties dirty hands.
why do you have to invent these statements that no one ever said or implied? "the everybody does it statements" do nothing to address a problem, and only embolden and enable the everybody's that are doing it as HRC personifies

if you believe or admit that both parties are corrupt and the institution government is inherently corruptible yet you support someone who plans...no ...promises... to make government exponentially larger and more powerful and in control of more of the country's wealth.....how does that make any sense?

Last edited by scottw; 10-17-2015 at 07:47 AM..
Old 10-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

Hold both parties to higher standards - you are starting to, on occasion, ya know, do that

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The (potential) POTUS needs to learn to check the sarcasm then......there's a time to be serious and the time to be an ass-clown. A presidential debate is the time to be serious
Oh come on, people crack jokes all the time. The GOP has been trying -- in vain mind you -- to destroy her and her husband for over 20 years...
Old 10-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Oh come on, people crack jokes all the time. The GOP has been trying -- in vain mind you -- to destroy her and her husband for over 20 years...
TDF has been an equal opportunity cracker of jokes on the GOP as well as on the Dems. Maybe even more on the GOP. And the Dems are equal opportunity agents of destruction of GOP folks. Some of the "destructions" have been successful on either side. Some attempts have not. You have pointed out, in the past, that Dem attempts were just politics. What's could for the goose is good for the gander. It's just politics.

And the attempts at destruction, as in the case of the Clintons, were not based solely on maliciousness. There has been much substance, as in the case of TDF's joke about Clinton's #^&#^&#^&#^&. And if you think that Hillary's image has not been tarnished, you have not been paying attention, or you're just in denial.

It's become engrained in our political expectations that the really "smart" politicians are tarnished to some degree, and must be good liars and manipulators in order to overcome the tarnish. The pols who seem to be "goodies" are ridiculed as "purists" and too burdened with principles to effectively navigate through the cesspool of politics.

Your continued insistence that Hillary's actions, or lack of them, have not been proven to be illegal, misses the point that they are at least mistakes or evidence of incompetence. Nor have they yet been determined to be illegal. If they eventually are proved so, she will be a candidate for prison time.

In any case, the reputation of being prone to mistakes and incompetence and to being a liar (or delusional if she believes the lies--or not so smart if she believes narratives that are or were obviously wrong), but is, nonetheless able to escape "tarnish" in the eyes of her butt-suckers, either makes her a model for political office in the eyes of those who are mesmerized by realpolitik, or not someone who should be trusted as President in the eyes of those more innocent to the ways of the power hungry.