Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
FishermanTim

Our illustrious leader....

There are wars, govermental uprises, natureal and man-made disasters happening around the globe, and where is "curious george"?

Is he at some top brass meeting, planning on how we can best serve our country and assist an ally? Is he working with his military advisors, working on plans on how we will handle the Libya situation?
Is he doing something about our failing economy, working on a real job stimulus plan?

NO.

He's out playing golf!

That's our fearless leader, our "beacon of light", our "head of the Hope & Change brigade"! Why can't we have a real leader instead of a failed leader?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Just needs a round of golf to clear his head as he prepares to make his March Madness picks.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Raven

Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
There are wars, govermental uprises, natureal and man-made disasters happening around the globe, and where is "curious george"?

Is he at some top brass meeting, planning on how we can best serve our country and assist an ally? Is he working with his military advisors, working on plans on how we will handle the Libya situation?
Is he doing something about our failing economy, working on a real job stimulus plan?

NO.

He's out playing golf!

That's our fearless leader, our "beacon of light", our "head of the Hope & Change brigade"! Why can't we have a real leader instead of a failed leader?
I get that being President is a 24/7/365 job... but even the slaves were granted leisure time. Quite honestly, I wouldn't want any President to never go out for a round of golf, or a fishing trip up in Maine.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
Piscator

Poor judgment and bad timing. He needs to lead by example. War in Afghanistan, crisis in Libya, disaster in Japan, and financial crisis in the US.
What has he done?
What is he doing?
What is his plan?
What is his agenda?
He needs to lead, he is not a leader.
It’s bad right now and he is a train wreck with a complete lack of leadership. He was so vocal when he came into office with his prime time speeches, his promise of change. Now the going gets tough and he is in a clam shell without comment direction or leadership. He is a complete joke.

This is probably the most pressing time since 9/11 and he is hiding. As bad as Bush might have been, at least he stood up and addressed the situation.

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
scottw

you just don't get it...he only appears to be golfing, partying, joking, and preoccupied with March Madness...he's actually brilliantly plotting and planning "behind the scenes", solutions to all of the problems both here and abroad, he's the smartest president ever, why, he's a super intellectual....you just aren't smart enough to understand or recognize that fact....

I think that's how the story goes I saved Spence the effort of a post there...
Old 03-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Chesapeake Bill

The filter is getting clogged...time to change the tea bag and put some boots on..
Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #8
PaulS

When our founding fathers met in Concord NH to decide to work tirelessly to free the slaves they decided to include 2 weeks annual vacation for the president. Many of them wanted to make it 4 weeks. They finally agreed to the 3 weeks and in celebration, Sam Adams tapped a keg of beer from his new brewery. He gave everyone a shot of Sam Adams. Thus, the phrase "The shot heard around the world" was born.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you just don't get it...he only appears to be golfing, partying, joking, and preoccupied with March Madness...he's actually brilliantly plotting and planning "behind the scenes", solutions to all of the problems both here and abroad, he's the smartest president ever, why, he's a super intellectual....you just aren't smart enough to understand or recognize that fact....

I think that's how the story goes I saved Spence the effort of a post there...

I thought I was in a Charlie Sheen thread......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
When our founding fathers met in Concord NH to decide to work tirelessly to free the slaves they decided to include 2 weeks annual vacation for the president. Many of them wanted to make it 4 weeks. They finally agreed to the 3 weeks and in celebration, Sam Adams tapped a keg of beer from his new brewery. He gave everyone a shot of Sam Adams. Thus, the phrase "The shot heard around the world" was born.
Hehehe. Funny (really)

WWAGD?

(What Would Al Gore Do?)

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
Raven

Exclamation [[[[[ IN RESPONSE }}}}}

to Barak Obama's RECENT question
about having a sense of excitement
about him being elected President.....

Old 03-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
Raven

Arrow President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
.he's actually brilliantly plotting and planning "behind the scenes",(dribbling ) solutions to all of the problems both here and abroad, he's the smartest president ever, why, he's a super intellectual....you just aren't smart enough to understand or recognize that fact....
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

as much as I enjoy being critical of our leader, the guy deserves a vacation. He doesnt get home every day at 5:15, kick his shoes off and watch Jeopardy. Its a 24hr job and he needs a break.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
as much as I enjoy being critical of our leader, the guy deserves a vacation. He doesnt get home every day at 5:15, kick his shoes off and watch Jeopardy. Its a 24hr job and he needs a break.
plenty of time after 2012 to see the world, maybe he should jump in on some of that "shared sacrafice" that he was blathering about just days ago and go with the low cost Camp David alternative for a little r&r, maybe introduce himself to a few cabinet members...

Where the Obama Administration Intends to Take the Country and How It Plans to Do So -- New York Magazine
The more pointed variant of this critique was directed specifically at Obama. Unlike 42—who loved to stay up late, jabbing at the speed dial, spending countless hours gabbing with local pols and businesspeople around the country to gauge the political wind and weather—44 not only eschewed reaching out to governors, mayors, or CEOs, but he rarely consulted outside the tiny charmed circle surrounding him in the White House. “What you had was really three or four people running the entire government,” says the former White House strategist. “I thought they put a pretty good Cabinet together, but most of those guys might as well be in the witness-protection program.”

A funny line, no doubt, but an overstatement, surely? Well, maybe not. “I happen to know most of the Cabinet pretty well, and I get together with them individually for lunch,” says one of the most respected Democratic bigwigs in Washington. “I’ve had half a dozen Cabinet members say that in the first two years, they never had one call—not one call—from the president".
Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 AM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Really? I haven't had a vacation in several years. He is forever d#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g his job and any tough decisions.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Really? I haven't had a vacation in several years. He is forever d#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g his job and any tough decisions.
There isn't a person on this forum that could the job of any past or present US President, regardless of Political Party, how many golf trips they take or weeks spent at their ranch.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
There isn't a person on this forum that could the job of any past or present US President, regardless of Political Party, how many golf trips they take or weeks spent at their ranch.
there isn't a person on this form that could understand what you just said

OK...maybe Zimmy
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Very few people I know that get home at 5:15.
Most people are working 60 + hours a week to keep their head above water.
Don't feel sorry for him in the least, he wanted the job.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Don't feel sorry for him in the least, he wanted the job.
No one fells sorry for the amount of work he may have to do. It was prob. more in reference to the pettiness of the OP.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
fishbones

I think he deserves a vacation to rid himself of the stress. He works a hell of a lot harder and probably at least twice as many hours a week as I do. The big difference is that I'm good at my job.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

not feeling sorry for him, just think he, like 99% of americans should take some vacation. This is not new, all presidents do this - so why are you being critical of Obama?
Im more peeved that he is putting up his basketball picks, thats not something we need to see the president do , especially when we have a wordlwide crisis

Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #22
JohnnyD

Quote:
Im more peeved that he is putting up his basketball picks, thats not something we need to see the president do , especially when we have a wordlwide crisis
Don't forget a strong portion of his voting base are younger voters. During the election, there was a poll stating something about how younger voters reported they were unable to relate to many of the Republican candidates.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Don't forget a strong portion of his voting base are younger voters. During the election, there was a poll stating something about how younger voters reported they were unable to relate to many of the Republican candidates.
let him campaign on his own time