Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

19 Republicans

With a failed immigration policy
A nonexistent foreign policy
Abusing allies
Zero consistency
Falling stock market
A losing trade policy
Growing deficit
Bowing to Putin
Taking orders from Ergodan
Approval rating down the toilet
Empty cabinet without a good outlook
Taking direction from whatever right wing media says
Mueller report looming
How much more of this winning with the greatest negotiator can the Republican Party take
There are a core group of rational men who are concerned where this will end up
I see something happening not long into the 116th Congress
I think he will be given a gracious way out
He won’t take it and it won’t be pretty

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
spence

I think you could be right. He’s so isolated right now and the GOP support he badly needs is fading. He has completely botched the border wall issue as well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-22-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
Jim in CT

no mention of unemployment or GDP? How come?

Are you talking about impeachment? Have to have a high crime somewhere...
Old 12-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
no mention of unemployment or GDP? How come?

Are you talking about impeachment? Have to have a high crime somewhere...
Incorrect
It reads high crimes and misdemeanors
The President can be impeached by Congress for any reason they find impeachable with no appeal possible
It is not a court of law

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-23-2018, 07:15 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Incorrect
It reads high crimes and misdemeanors
The President can be impeached by Congress for any reason they find impeachable with no appeal possible
It is not a court of law
you’re right high crimes
or misdemeanors. it’s not going to happen, not based on what we know now that is, god knows what Trump will do
next.

you want to get rid of him, have your party nominate someone more
likable than he is, who has some appeal to voters who are to the right of Pol Pot. As of
right now, the only one on that list is Joe Biden, there is no one else.

as vile as Trump is, Biden is the only one who’s a viable threat. your side has no bench, absolutely none, two years after the election. can Hilary be lured away from
her speaking tour, where she enthralls crowds of tens with her latest whining about all of our flaws which led to her loss?

Old 12-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #6
wdmso

JANUARY 24, 2018 Trump seeks $25 billion for border wall, offers 'Dreamer' citizenship

Lindsey Graham, one of the lead lawmakers in the immigration negotiations, said Trump’s comments signaled a major breakthrough.

“President Trump’s support for a pathway to citizenship will help us get strong border security measures as we work to modernize a broken immigration system,” Graham said in a statement. “With this strong statement by President Trump, I have never felt better about our chances of finding a solution on immigration.

”how quickly Trump supporters forget what he said he was willing to do then changes course if fox and friends disapprove

Last edited by wdmso; 12-23-2018 at 09:42 AM..
Old 12-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Does the fact the only two people who can authorize military movements were Trump and Mattis and one just resigned scare anyone? Many on this board and avid supporters of Trumps winning (gag) policies wanted less government, well I would warn you to be careful what you wish when it comes to this administration. Mattis leaving is very worrisome to me and I’m sure for ALL of our allies across the globe. Kelly and Mattis were the glue holding this impulsive, thin skinned, knee jerk reactionary leader from doing severe damage to our safety, not at the border to our south, which if you were honest is so far down on the list of risks to our safety.

Putin must be just having an absolute ball watching the sh*t show which is the state of our current government. The radical terrorists we have been fighting for a decade are celebrating on hearing we are pulling out suddenly and what’s so scary; it was done without any planning, discussion or coordination with any one or any department let alone the military leaders who it impacts the most. I’m dreading watching how the market reacts to what was another banner week in the White House, I fully expect it will be below the level it was he was sworn in, yet I know he will take no ownership for it.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 12-23-2018 at 09:48 AM..
Old 12-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:

as vile as Trump is, Biden is the only one who’s a viable threat.

gropin' joe will be fun...he should pick ocassio-cortez as his running mate so he has something to fondle and make him look smart..
Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you’re right high crimes
or misdemeanors. it’s not going to happen, not based on what we know now that is, god knows what Trump will do
next.

I see it happening
McConnell has put him on notice that they are not playing his reality TV games.
He is the one who campaigned on the wall that almost all politicians privately say is simplistic at best but not a real solution
But the wall is but a smokescreen to distract from the real issues.
Trump has destabilized: our economy, relations with allies, The Republican Party, trade relationships, vital branches of government, the free press.
His current attempt to seize control of the Republican Party which most Senators and Representatives have spent their lives building is not acceptable and it is obvious to people to whom the long term viability of the Party is important that he is only interested in short term solutions, has no interest in traditional Republican values and if he succeeds in holding the Presidency will doom the party and Inflict further damage on our nation in the future with no gain for the party.
After the failure in the midterms (Yes it was a failure)they realize they need to decide whether to fish or continue cutting bait for Trump.
He’s catching fewer and fewer fish, time for a new captain.
They cannot count on Trump’s word or actions, he is only on team Trump.
I see Trump leaving either by resignation or impeachment with likely Pence and Haley finishing the term and running in 2020.
There’s little time left to screw around with the Trump BS.
This will all be negotiated in Congress between the two parties, with some concessions on issues that they will work together on to get through this mess.

As for a Democratic candidate two years before the primary who would have said Humphrey, McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama would be the candidate and the same works for the Republican Party.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I see it happening
He is the one who campaigned on the wall that almost all politicians privately say is simplistic at best but not a real solution
Trump has destabilized: our economy, relations with allies, The Republican Party, trade relationships, vital branches of government, the free press.
His current attempt to seize control of the Republican Party which most Senators and Representatives have spent their lives building is not acceptable and it is obvious to people to whom the long term viability of the Party is important that he is only interested in short term solutions, has no interest in traditional Republican values and if he succeeds in holding the Presidency will doom the party and Inflict further damage on our nation in the future with no gain for the party.
After the failure in the midterms (Yes it was a failure)they realize they need to decide whether to fish or continue cutting bait for Trump.
I see Trump leaving either by resignation or impeachment with likely Pence and Haley finishing the term and running in 2020.
This will all be negotiated in Congress between the two parties, with some concessions on issues that they will work together on to get through this mess.

As for a Democratic candidate two years before the primary who would have said Humphrey, McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama would be the candidate and the same works for the Republican Party.
of course you see it, all you see is that which hurts Trump. Nothing else exists for
you.

if there’s proof if russian collusion, he may be done. if the vote was today, no chance, none.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
you’re right high crimes
next
If the Senate went along you could likely impeach him on obstruction of justice pretty easily with what we know now. I don’t how much Mueller knows that we don’t, but I’d wager he has the dirt to validate a lot of the damaging bits believed to be known.

But all this isn’t even the central theme to the story. Almost as if on script we’re helping Russia and China restructure global alliances that have let to a mostly peaceful planet for the last half century. The GDP is a blip in time Jim, this stuff could take a generation to turn around if it really goes south.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
I see it happening

and at this stage in the election cycles ( inside two years), Kerry, Clinton, Obama has strong bases. i could have also told you, they had appeal. Bernie, Lieawatha, Kamela Harris, Corey Booker? that’s a freak show. Chris Murphy, who has the intellect of a Bassett Hound, is being floated.

As of now, the only possible challenge is Biden.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
Nebe

Quote:
Lieawatha,
TRIGGER WORD!!!!! 😂
Old 12-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
TRIGGER WORD!!!!! 😂
out of curiosity, what do you call it when the press criticizes the first lady for her accent and for her christmas decorations? good reporting?
Old 12-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
out of curiosity, what do you call it when the press criticizes the first lady for her accent and for her christmas decorations? good reporting?
I don’t say anything because I don’t watch the news on TV.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #16
wdmso

As if on cue he flips again.... mattis from hero to zero

Mr. Trump posted a tweet that took a jab at Mr. Mattis, saying that “when President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should.”

Because
Old 12-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Yup, they are great, smart, talented and a super addition to the team, until they cross the family.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and at this stage in the election cycles ( inside two years), Kerry, Clinton, Obama has strong bases. i could have also told you, they had appeal. Bernie, Lieawatha, Kamela Harris, Corey Booker? that’s a freak show. Chris Murphy, who has the intellect of a Bassett Hound, is being floated.

As of now, the only possible challenge is Biden.
You only found the part that makes no difference
The biggest danger is in the White House now

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
When did the press do this?
Old 12-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
You only found the part that makes no difference
The biggest danger is in the White House now
the fact that the democrat party has no real viable candidate at this stage, makes “no difference”!
Old 12-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Republican CNN Host Says
"If America were a business and the CEO was facing a dozen criminal and ethics investigations, multiple members of his inner circle had gone to jail, he was making rash decisions that prompted his top advisers to quit in protest and the company had to temporarily shutdown over failed internal business negotiations, what would happen?"
Old 12-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the fact that the democrat party has no real viable candidate at this stage, makes “no difference”!
I assume then that you concur with my assessment of the current Trump dilemma.
Democratic governors have done well, don’t count them out.
But if President Camacho isn’t gone, they might just let us get what we deserve.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #23
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I don’t say anything because I don’t watch the news on TV.
Jim did not say TV
He said press

Why are you so obsessed with triggered?

The discussions in this forum are sometimes challenging with so much lack of reading comprehension here

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #24
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If the Senate went along you could likely impeach him on obstruction of justice pretty easily with what we know now. I don’t how much Mueller knows that we don’t, but I’d wager he has the dirt to validate a lot of the damaging bits believed to be known.

What justice did he obstruct?
Sounds like an accusation to me

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #25
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Speaking of Biden, I got this email today and LMAO

The picture is a big buck with a huge photoshopped rack

Finally, some honesty in big buck hunting stories.

Above is a picture of the new world record whitetail buck. It was taken by the cousin of a co-worker's sister's uncle's best friend's son-in-law's niece's hairdresser's neighbor's ex-boyfriend's oldest nephew. Reportedly it will score 2603-1/8 by B&C standard and was shot in West Texas on a really windy day, 85 degrees downhill, around a curve at 900 yards with a .22 cal. rifle.

Supposedly, this deer had killed a Brahma bull, two Land Rovers, and six Jehovah's Witnesses in the last two weeks alone. They said it was winning a fight with Bigfoot when it was shot. It has also been confirmed that the buck had been seen drinking discharge water from a nuclear power plant.

All this has been checked and confirmed by my friends at Snopes

Sincerely

Joe Biden
Old 12-24-2018, 06:21 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Republican CNN Host

this can't be right......
Old 12-24-2018, 06:24 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:

jealousy...hottest first lady ever....could'a been bill clinton...imagine what his christmas decorations would have looked like