Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,076
Sen. Warren is at it again!

She claims to have DNA test results that prove that she is part Indian...but at 1/16 - 1/32, does that constitute enough for her to claim that heritage as her racial makeup?

...maybe the remaining 15/16 - 31/32 is just pure crap????

Of course she used a "reputable" DNA testing facility, probably one that they advertise on TV, you know, the ones with that great level of accuracy (wink, wink)....

With that level of idiocy, we should ALL be allowed to claim minority status when applying for ANYTHING.

She continues top prove just how much of a joke she really is!

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,256
In her defense, Trump has been poking her lately about it.

Still can’t stand the woman though.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,386
I think you get the award for most miserable person. Have you ever posted anything positive about anything?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,267
Hero of the stupid
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,478
It pretty much fits her family tale as she told it.
Maybe Don the Con will pay up, Of course he says he didn't say it (never mind the video) then he could take a test to prove he's Swedish as he once claimed, provide the tax returns to prove he only got a small loan of one million or any tax return at all.


https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...SVO/story.html

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Hero of the stupid
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,701


"When she came to Harvard Law School, she was — believe it or not — considered by some to be a “minority hire.” She listed herself as a minority on a legal directory reviewed by deans and hiring committees. The University of Pennsylvania “listed her as a minority faculty member,” and she was touted after her hire at Harvard Law School as, yes, the school’s “first woman of color.”
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
She claims to have DNA test results that prove that she is part Indian...but at 1/16 - 1/32, does that constitute enough for her to claim that heritage as her racial makeup?
Yes it can, my Native American share is a lot less than that and I'm a member of the Cherokee tribe.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yes it can, my Native American share is a lot less than that and I'm a member of the Cherokee tribe.
Does that make you eligible for the best dressed Native American lists?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #10
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

my Native American share is a lot less than that
we already knew that you are a bigger fraud than Liawatha
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #11
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hero of the A whole.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,184
Let the hate fill you. I’m sure all of you guys thrive on it.

And for the mental midgets who can’t grasp this. She was probably told by her parents that a distant grandparent was an Indian. A family story that was passed down. The DNA test proves that she was correct.

Sorry. Try again ....on a new hateful subject.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Let the hate fill you. I’m sure all of you guys thrive on it.

And for the mental midgets who can’t grasp this. She was probably told by her parents that a distant grandparent was an Indian. A family story that was passed down. The DNA test proves that she was correct.

Sorry. Try again ....on a new hateful subject.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Darth Vader?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #14
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Let the hate fill you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm pretty sure I have more native american "share" than spence and fauxcohontas combined.... using whatever tiny, distant trace that may or may not exist to claim some minority or person of color status is pretty shameful....she's smart enough to know that
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post


"When she came to Harvard Law School, she was — believe it or not — considered by some to be a “minority hire.” She listed herself as a minority on a legal directory reviewed by deans and hiring committees. The University of Pennsylvania “listed her as a minority faculty member,” and she was touted after her hire at Harvard Law School as, yes, the school’s “first woman of color.”
Well Scott, if the Boston Globe says it's possible she's 1/1024th Native American, than that's good enough for me!
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 4,364
Christ if this were a sandbox, your own mothers wouldn't recognize you thru all the sand covering you from constant fighting. I may have different political views than some, but I refuse to get down to the level this board seems to live in lately.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #17
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,429
Who cares - all she really has to do is "identify as an American Indian" and society should be OK with it

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #18
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,386
Who gets the million?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,256
..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3206.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	65664  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #20
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm pretty sure I have more native american "share" than spence and fauxcohontas combined.... using whatever tiny, distant trace that may or may not exist to claim some minority or person of color status is pretty shameful....she's smart enough to know that
Funny though you can't cite any evidence she ever claimed native status with the intent to get a benefit nor can you cite any evidence she ever received any benefit.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #21
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny though you can't cite any evidence she ever claimed native status with the intent to get a benefit nor can you cite any evidence she ever received any benefit.
Did you need evidence to find Kavanaugh guilty Jeff? Can’t I just say it and then it is real?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #22
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Did you need evidence to find Kavanaugh guilty Jeff? Can’t I just say it and then it is real?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Testimony under sworn oath is evidence.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #23
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Funny though you can't cite any evidence she ever claimed native status with the intent to get a benefit nor can you cite any evidence she ever received any benefit.
did I use the word benefit?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Testimony under sworn oath is evidence.
Of his innocence or his guilt??? Because he swore under oath he didn't do it.

are they both evidence, or only the one you like to believe?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #25
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Did you need evidence to find Kavanaugh guilty Jeff? Can’t I just say it and then it is real?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think they have a pretty good model called firehose of falsehood

Since his entrance into the political arena (if not before), there has been a remarkable evolution in Trump's approach to news. The President has effectively employed new dissemination channels and messages in support of his 2016 election, his agenda, his ongoing involvement in disavowing Russian collusion and various other issues, and his antagonism of allies. The Trump news model is high-volume and multichannel, and it disseminates messages without regard for the truth. It is also rapid, continuous, and repetitive, and it lacks commitment to consistency. Although these techniques run counter to the conventional wisdom for successful information campaigns, research in psychology supports many of the most successful aspects of the model. Furthermore, the very factors that make the firehose of falsehood effective also make it difficult to counter. Traditional counterpropaganda approaches will likely be inadequate in this context. More effective solutions can be found in the same psychology literature that explains the surprising success of the Trump news model and its messages.

Pete
In life, it's important to know when to stop arguing with people and simply let them be wrong.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 16,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
did I use the word benefit?
Spence sure does love that word "Intent"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Of his innocence or his guilt??? Because he swore under oath he didn't do it.

are they both evidence, or only the one you like to believe?
looking forward to seeing the answer to this.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #28
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Of his innocence or his guilt??? Because he swore under oath he didn't do it.

are they both evidence, or only the one you like to believe?
I've never once said her testimony is conclusive proof. I do think his response to her accusation and the accusations in general clearly demonstrated he is unfit to serve on the bench.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I've never once said her testimony is conclusive proof. I do think his response to her accusation and the accusations in general clearly demonstrated he is unfit to serve on the bench.
but when sotomayor says female latinas make better judges than white men, that doesn’t lead you to conclude that she’s unfit.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM   #30
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but when sotomayor says female latinas make better judges than white men, that doesn’t lead you to conclude that she’s unfit.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, that's not what she said, but regardless it's not even in the same territory as Kav's conspiracy rants and belligerence.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com