Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 03-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #1
RickBomba

First Annual Paul Randall Big Game Tourney

Hi Everyone,
I need a pretty massive effort to help start something big for a friend who passed away last week from complications due to COPD.

Some of you may have seen my post on the f-guys website. In case you missed it, here it is:

So, I was lucky enough to reconnect with an old friend in the last 16 months. Although our lifestyles had diverged over the years, I looked at every chance we got to talkerd as a gift. I think I finally found the wisdom to simply enjoy each day we got to see each other, or talk on the phone. I even had big plans to bring both he and his brother on a surprise tuna trip this year. I finally got all of the gear that we needed, even in the midst of having to move out of my house due to a huge amount amount of water damage. It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to Paul and offer support to his family and friends during this difficult time. For my friends who don't necessarily know Paul, please take advantage to reconnect with old friends, both honestly and openly and enjoy what you have today. I hope to see you again someday, my friend. I already miss you more than I can put down in words. Your friend forever, Rick.

What I'd like to suggest is a three state big game tourney.

And, like always, I'm going to need as much give out of you guys that I've put into the donation tank over the last 15 years.

So, the rules. Mass we go BFT, shark, stripers, and blues. The other states will define their own types of fish (KSS on this one please! There will be no youth prizes per see, but they can win an adult prize.

I say we vote on a date of the tourney (7/25 or 8/6). John, can you,put up a poll for this one? It will go 6-5 that day.

We'll then need to pick a prize arena date for drinking for the awards ceremony. This should be a place like the VFW (we could just rent out a function room somewhere). As we get closer, with votes as to where to have it, I can book it).

So, lets do boat listings (whose taking on riders, as I'm full up and heading our of Gloucester).
Buckman out of Marshfield +6
Sea Dangles out of Westport (I think)
TFF out of Chelsea (I think) + 6
Scott Kershaw out of Gloucester (he's not on the site so you can IM him on Facebook),

John,can you make this one stick.

I also put up a thread called "Poll for Awards Ceremony. John, can you make it a votable poll and throw outcome general areas. John, can you make that one sticky, too.

Lastly, I'll make a donations page. John, can you make the sticky, too.

For boats, Ik say you pay your cap for gas, tip for him or her, and also give them a $30 signup fee. Paul has two grown children, so we maybe setting this up using my cousin and giving the money to Butch, who you guys may remember as a bartender at Nick O'Neills shoe expert at Holyoke Sporting Goods. The captains can then keep $15 for each fare (I'm donating all of my money raised), but make sure your fares fill up your deseil and guys, remember to tup the cap and mate with a heavy hand. I may bring Matty for my mate.

So, if have a ,boat,list where you're launching from,and who is riding with with you (so people will know when yu're full.

Here's a link to Paul's obit:
http://obits.masslive.com/obituaries...?pid=174464717

Last edited by RickBomba; 03-30-2015 at 01:24 AM..
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
buckman

We would be happy to help out .
http://www.hotreelscharters.com
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

I will also take a group out for a day/night trip Rick.
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

I can take 6
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
RickBomba

Thanks to Buckman, TFF! And Dangles!

I'll date the list and your ports. People should remember to tip your drivers and crew. Diesel isn't cheap and the capt's are giving $15 of your $30 entry fee as a donation. Please sign up on this thread if you'd like to go and IM the person in your area.

Now you guys might say, WTH is Rick doing up at 2AM. Answer, back is so sore I can't sleep. Seeing the back surgeon today.

Thanks Guys!
John, can you make the three threads sticky or turn on the priv for me?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 04-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
RickBomba

Mike brought up a pretty good point. Maybe we should be looking at late August or the Saturday after Labor Day. What do you guys think. I just can't do the 28th or 29th of August. I'm on call that weekend.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #7
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Works for me
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
RickBomba

Possible Back Surgery in July

Hi Guys,
I may be having back surgery in July, which would put me out of my own tourney. I'll know more when I see the surgeon on 6/15.
Thanks,
Rick

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 05-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Hi Guys,
I may be having back surgery in July, which would put me out of my own tourney. I'll know more when I see the surgeon on 6/15.
Thanks,
Rick
Ouch. Good luck with that. Back pain is awful.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote