Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #31
sokinwet

Hair bands and metal bands...any of em...and throw all rap in there too!
sokinwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:17 AM   #32
ThomCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Bruce Spunkstain - Great Songwriter but who was the Rocket Scientist that ever handed him a Microphone..... "Bay-ee we wuh Bor to Unggg, Woah oh ew oh, Bay-ee we wuh Bor to Unggg"
I loved Bruce Stringbean before he forgot his musical roots and became a PC sellout. The gritty rock anthems and peddle to the metal concerts that made him a star have been replaced by a pseudo-conscious string of songs and albums consisting of nothing but so much of blather. To bad. The E Street Band, however, top shelf.

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #33
surffish

led zepplin
surffish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #34
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomCat View Post
I loved Bruce Stringbean before he forgot his musical roots and became a PC sellout. The gritty rock anthems and peddle to the metal concerts that made him a star have been replaced by a pseudo-conscious string of songs and albums consisting of nothing but so much of blather. To bad. The E Street Band, however, top shelf.
Bruce ...the ghost of tom joad....nebraska..some of the best music ever written...just my opinion..
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #35
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I think Ozzy with BS was a great singer, not a great voice, but I really love his style. the vocals on the Warning are my favorite.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #36
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

oh yeah, freakin hate the Steve Miller Band.
Boring crap.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #37
joe the plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingah View Post
Bruce ...the ghost of tom joad....nebraska..some of the best music ever written...just my opinion..
I'm with you on this.Springsteen has never sold out.His body of work speaks for itself.To the gentleman who has suggested that he sold out,I respect your opinion,but I just wanted you to know a couple cool facts about Bruce and why he will allways be the "boss" to me.
Every show,Springsteen donates some of the proceeds of that show to a local cause.Every one.
Every show,Springsteen reserves the front row for people that get hand picked from the crowd who have the worst seats in the house.Every one.
Pretty generous for a guy who sold out.
joe the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #38
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Anything John Cougar menstrual cramp did. Sorry if I offended.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #39
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the plumber View Post
I'm with you on this.Springsteen has never sold out.His body of work speaks for itself.To the gentleman who has suggested that he sold out,I respect your opinion,but I just wanted you to know a couple cool facts about Bruce and why he will allways be the "boss" to me.
Every show,Springsteen donates some of the proceeds of that show to a local cause.Every one.
Every show,Springsteen reserves the front row for people that get hand picked from the crowd who have the worst seats in the house.Every one.
Pretty generous for a guy who sold out.
I have been listening to Springsteen as long as I have memories...while not liking everything he has put out, I still think he is one of the best popular American songwriters to have ever lived...right behind Guthrie, Van Zandt and Dylan.....and just a bit ahead of Earle ...
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #40
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the plumber View Post
I'm with you on this.Springsteen has never sold out.His body of work speaks for itself.
I respectfully Disagree on that........Nobody Does Hollywood Movie Soundtracks unless they've sold out.......pretty sure that isn't true to his roots.

And nobody is denying he's a great songwriter and a Stand up guy......you can sell out and still be those things.

Friggin look at Bono....most obnoxious self-centered performer on the planet....but he does a lot of good and donates alot of time and cash.

I even said he was a great songwriter.....just not a good song Singer....Always sounds like he's singing through his nose.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #41
joe the plumber

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I respectfully Disagree on that........Nobody Does Hollywood Movie Soundtracks unless they've sold out.......pretty sure that isn't true to his roots.

And nobody is denying he's a great songwriter and a Stand up guy......you can sell out and still be those things.

Friggin look at Bono....most obnoxious self-centered performer on the planet....but he does a lot of good and donates alot of time and cash.

I even said he was a great songwriter.....just not a good song Singer....Always sounds like he's singing through his nose.
I understand where your coming from.Yeah,I probably did confuse being a stand up guy and "selling out".
Question? Why do you think doing movie songtracks is "selling out".Are you refering to "Streets of Philadelphia".If so,do you feel the same about Neil Young?
Last.I understand if somebody's voice irritates,its tough to get used to.I sometimes even get aggravated when Bruce can't seem to sing the word,for.He loves to sing,fer........
I've heard people say the same about Geddy Lee.I know you and I are in agreement about Geddy and Rush.
joe the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Honestly I don't even have an issue with any rockers selling out...most of them do later in their careers. He did a song for the Jerry MaGuire soundtrack too...

really, I just don't like his voice...thats the only issue I have with the guy.....

Rush Rocks...Plain and Simple. I can understand What Geddy is Saying

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #43
sokinwet

I guess I don't understand the "selling out" idea. Don't overlook the fact that this is how musicians make their living. Just because some beer or auto co. wants to pay someone big $$ for the use of their song doesn't diminish the artist. Consider that every time you hear a song on the radio the artist (or individual who purchased the rights) is getting a fee. If one of your favorite bands is played on the worst pop station in the world is that selling out? Starving artists do one of two things....starve...or go drive a truck!
sokinwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #44
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingah View Post
I have been listening to Springsteen as long as I have memories...while not liking everything he has put out, I still think he is one of the best popular American songwriters to have ever lived...right behind Guthrie, Van Zandt and Dylan.....and just a bit ahead of Earle ...
How about John Hiatt?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote