Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Obama's approval ratings in the toilet

And this, of all things, from the New York Times! This is like pravda reporting that Stalin's ratings are down.

And he's in a head-to-head tie with Romney? But all the liberals on TV said the Reoublican primary was killing the GOP candidates? They wouldn't be falsely reporting that, would they?

Heh-heh-heh. Wait till gas hits $5. In all fairness, he doesn't control gas prices (which he's already whining). But when a guy says at his inaugural address,"let today be remembered as the day the waters stopped rising and the planet began to heal", don't blame the sheep for expecting you to have some control over gas prices. That speech, by the way, was when I realized exactly how severly we had just shot ourselves in our collective feet. i mean, THAT'S a narcissist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/us...imes&seid=auto
Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
spence

I'm sure the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan and potential for conflict with Iran is causing some real concern.

I do agree though, it is pretty funny.

-spence
Old 03-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm sure the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan and potential for conflict with Iran is causing some real concern.

I do agree though, it is pretty funny.

-spence
Given the housing situation, overall unemployment, gas prices, and what Spence said, one would think he would be 10 points behind. Clearly, the insanity of the far right is holding the party back. If they had a decent candidate, Obama would be in deep trouble. Although, it is likely that some of it is that a relatively large percentage of people remember the days of shedding a couple hundred thousand jobs a month and the threat of a depression.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Given the housing situation, overall unemployment, gas prices, and what Spence said, one would think he would be 10 points behind. Clearly, the insanity of the far right is holding the party back.
you just stated a couple of days ago that all of these factors were nicely shaping up for an inevitable Obama win in November.....

QUOTE=zimmy;926262]By the way Scott, I like how you have grabbed the party line. Looks like the economy is lining up for an Obama win, so we better start talking about underemployment or a Harvard professor or something. Underemployment was a pretty big issue 3 or 4 years ago too. Didn't matter then, did it?[/QUOTE]
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you just stated a couple of days ago that all of these factors were nicely shaping up for an inevitable Obama win in November.....
I also said that last week... and still believe it.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I also said that last week... and still believe it.
You're missing the point. Obama is supposed to be Jesus or all of liberalism is exposed as a fraud.

He only inherited two wars, the most severe recession in decades, a credit crisis, massive defecit spending, skyrocketing energy costs and an Iran hell bent on going nuclear after 8 years of largely being ignored.

If the man can walk on water why isn't gas 2.50 a gallon?

-spence
Old 03-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're missing the point. Obama is supposed to be Jesus or all of liberalism is exposed as a fraud.

He only inherited two wars, the most severe recession in decades, a credit crisis, massive defecit spending, skyrocketing energy costs and an Iran hell bent on going nuclear after 8 years of largely being ignored.

-spence

"He only inherited...skyrocketing energy costs "

Spence, as he often does, is making it up as he goes along...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...e-under-obama/

"the price of a gallon of regular gas was around $1.79 when Mr. Obama took office"

Spence, you want to recant that statement by any chance? Go ahead, put some magical Spence-spin on that to make it sound other than absurd...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-13-2012 at 07:09 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I love this talk of what he "inherited", as if he just walked in off the street. Obama, his VP, and his SecState were all US Senators, in the majority party for the last few years of the Bush admimistration. It stands to reason that they must have been influential senators, shaping some of the policy you refer to, right?

Il love hearing that poor Barack "inherited" all this. Bush wasn't a dictator, the legislative branch sets the legislative agenda, and the Dems controlled that from 2006 - 2010. And from 2008-2010,the Dems control;led EVERYTHING, and even Obama admitted on TV that things are worse now than they were when he got coronated, sorry sworn in.

From whom, exactly, did he inherit all this? Weren't Obama, Biden, and Clinton very big parts of the government prior to 2008?

His numbers on handling the economy are horrific. If you believe his numbers about how many jobs the stimulus "saved", it works out to $250,000 per job. That is completely insane.

There are things he inherited, and I don't blame him for that. But Obama had the ability to do anything he wanted for 2 years, the GOP couldn't stop a single thing. And indeoendents don't like the way he handled things. If he's not responsible for what he inherited, he's responsible for his reactions to those things. People like the way he kills terrorists (largely, he left the Bush anti-terror infastructure in place). People don't like his economic policies, unless they are in unions or green technology, and thus receiving the goodies.

Spence and Zimmy, you (and all libs) just keep thinking he's invulnerable. A Romney/Rubio ticket, combined with $5 gas and unemployment above 8%, will be tough obstacles for Obama. Not insurmountable, but challenging.

"If the man can walk on water why isn't gas 2.50 a gallon?"

He's the one who said the Earth would begin healing the day he took office. You're making fun of the absurdity of those words, but those are HIS words, and I agree they are absurd. They should also frighten anyone who has any ability to think rationally.
Bush wasn't a dictator but Obama is?

-spence
Old 03-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bush wasn't a dictator but Obama is?

-spence
Bush didn't trample anyone's religious freedom.

Spence, please read my revised post above about the skyrocketing energy costs you say Obama inherited...
Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Mr. Sandman

Obama kicks door open | Best Funny Gifs and Animated Gifs Updated Daily - Gif Bin

Classy guy you all voted for...

(PO'ed after Repub's didn't vote for his tax hikes...walked out of meeting)
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:

-spence
STOP!!!...you're making me weep....poor...poor Barry...he doesn't deserve this......
Old 03-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Obama kicks door open | Best Funny Gifs and Animated Gifs Updated Daily - Gif Bin

Classy guy you all voted for...

(PO'ed after Repub's didn't vote for his tax hikes...walked out of meeting)
Jim, you are joking, right?
Video of President Obama Kicking a Door-Fiction!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
PaulS

Quote:

-spence
and 1/2 of congress who could care less and actually said that the most important thing they were going to do was to "defeat Obama".
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
and 1/2 of congress who could care less and actually said that the most important thing they were going to do was to "defeat Obama".
is this Zimmy or Paul?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #15
PaulS

we're one in the same.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
we're one in the same.
it appears
Old 03-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
buckman

He appears to be feeling the pressure!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
supposed to be Jesus or all of liberalism is exposed as a fraud.

He only inherited...skyrocketing energy costs
Spence, as I posted above, gas was under $2 bucks a gallon when Obama got sworn in. Please enlighten me, what skyrocketing energy costs, exactly, did poor Barack inherit?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
He appears to be feeling the pressure!

Is that real ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #20
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Is that real ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, as I posted above, gas was under $2 bucks a gallon when Obama got sworn in. Please enlighten me, what skyrocketing energy costs, exactly, did poor Barack inherit?
The average price of crude dramatically rose under Bush's second term and has continued this trajectory under Obama. Certainly there have been recession based fluctuations in the strength of the US dollar used to trade oil which has been an exacerbating factor...along with global tension and Iran causing a lot of speculation in oil futures. In many areas production is shifting to deep water and oil sands which are more expensive to extract and process.

Obama didn't cause any of this nor is there a lot he can do about it.

Federal gas taxes are already very low so cutting them wouldn't help. We don't have a supply problem to opening up the strategic reserves wouldn't help either...if anything high global energy costs are making domestic refined goods more valuable to growing economies overseas.

Long-term we can work to be more frugal, produce more efficient products and exploit sustainable resources...but there's no magic fix.

It's a global problem and impacts more than just gas.

-spence
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
The average price of crude dramatically rose under Bush's second term and has continued this trajectory under Obama. Certainly there have been recession based fluctuations in the strength of the US dollar used to trade oil which has been an exacerbating factor...along with global tension and Iran causing a lot of speculation in oil futures. In many areas production is shifting to deep water and oil sands which are more expensive to extract and process.

Obama didn't cause any of this nor is there a lot he can do about it.

Federal gas taxes are already very low so cutting them wouldn't help. We don't have a supply problem to opening up the strategic reserves wouldn't help either...if anything high global energy costs are making domestic refined goods more valuable to growing economies overseas.

Long-term we can work to be more frugal, produce more efficient products and exploit sustainable resources...but there's no magic fix.

It's a global problem and impacts more than just gas.

-spence
"Obama didn't cause any of this nor is there a lot he can do about it. "

I agree. But that's not what you said, what you said was he inherited skyrocketing energy costs, and I proved that was false. Not that you'll ever admit it, but hey, why limit your Obama-worshipping to what's supported by facts and reality?