Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #61
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he also is responsible for appointing a treasury secretary who wouldn’t be able to get a job as a bank teller in the private sector.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And a "Women" to Health Secretary who needs an annual prostate Exam

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-08-2022, 11:12 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
And a "Women" to Health Secretary who needs an annual prostate Exam
that was absurd.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
that was absurd.
Why Jim?
Old 06-08-2022, 05:22 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why Jim?
because all the left cares about is appearance.

and when Ted Cruz asked him/her 15 times his position on carving up children, they refused to answer. that’s not a serious person, but the optics make the left feel
good,, and that’s what matters.

How many letters and symbols will there be in that lbgtq string?
Old 06-08-2022, 05:39 PM   #65
spence

Quote:
because all the left cares about is appearance.

and when Ted Cruz asked him/her 15 times his position on carving up children, they refused to answer. that’s not a serious person, but the optics make the left feel
good,, and that’s what matters.

How many letters and symbols will there be in that lbgtq string?
So she’s not qualified because she is trans? That’s rich.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:52 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
she’s not qualified because she refused to answer a very, very simple question.

andy i’d like to see you let that doctor give a physical
to one of your kids.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:47 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Not qualified because not a white heterosexual Christian male.
Though sometimes a woman can be qualified if she espouses the correct view “A legal career is but a means to an end and that end is building the Kingdom of God”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-09-2022, 05:29 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Not qualified because not a white heterosexual Christian male.
Though sometimes a woman can be qualified if she espouses the correct view “A legal career is but a means to an end and that end is building the Kingdom of God”
reading not your thing, eh?

not qualified because she refused to answer very simple questions. Means you’re not qualified.

“vote for me, and only then will i reveal my opinion on mutilating children to make me feel better about myself.”

I Can’t wait until november. You?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-09-2022 at 05:41 AM..
Old 06-09-2022, 07:35 AM   #69
wdmso

Quote:
Sometimes the Truth slips out! And How they truly see the world and others get exposed

Then they go into damage control using Ted Cruz or Ran Paul
Who likening transition surgery to "genital mutilation" while questioning Dr. Rachel Levine, a trans woman, at her confirmation hearing.

great Statesman
Old 06-09-2022, 07:54 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Sometimes the Truth slips out! And How they truly see the world and others get exposed

Then they go into damage control using Ted Cruz or Ran Paul
Who likening transition surgery to "genital mutilation" while questioning Dr. Rachel Levine, a trans woman, at her confirmation hearing.

great Statesman
read my response above please...

When you claim I said something that I never said, that means I won.

If transition surgery is so benign, why didn't the doctor just say that? Whey didn't she respond by saying "it's a benign surgery with benefits, so yes I support it."

She was pure window dressing.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:48 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
read my response above please...

When you claim I said something that I never said, that means I won.

If transition surgery is so benign, why didn't the doctor just say that? Whey didn't she respond by saying "it's a benign surgery with benefits, so yes I support it."

She was pure window dressing.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #72
Jim in CT

the senator from michigan, the tone deaf witch, her solution for high gas prices is to not be poor and buy an electric vehicle.

It’s that simple.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:56 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the senator from michigan, the tone deaf witch, her solution for high gas prices is to not be poor and buy an electric vehicle.

It’s that simple.
Definitely not a misogynist, are you?

Did you miss the part of supply and demand where reduction in demand decreases prices?
The equation is not all or nothing.
Price-elasticity of demand for gasoline is real

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-10-2022, 12:25 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Definitely not a misogynist, are you?

Did you miss the part of supply and demand where reduction in demand decreases prices?
The equation is not all or nothing.
Price-elasticity of demand for gasoline is real
problems with your “logic”.

most people can’t afford electric cars

if they could afford them, there aren’t enough available

If there were enough available, there aren’t enough charging stations

If there were enough charging stations, there’s nowhere near enough electricity. you in favor of building dozens of nuclear power plants? or are we all supposed to rub balloons on our heads 24 hours a day?

Other than that, you’ve got some sound logic there.

global demand for fossil fuels is decades away from decreasing. decades. Doesn’t mean we don’t keep trying, doesn’t mean we don’t keep investing. But it would be nice if the people running the country could put reality ahead of ideological
pipe dreams.

my homes roof is covered with solar panels. we’re facing south and have no trees near the house as tall as the roof, so we get a ton of direct sunlight. it still only generates a portion of what we use in a year, and that’s without having to power two vehicles ( soon to be 3 as junior turns 16).

We’re decades away from renewables making a big dent in demand. it does us zero good, and causes a ton of harm, to pretend otherwise.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-10-2022 at 01:00 PM..
Old 06-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

If there were enough charging stations, there’s nowhere near enough electricity. you in favor of building dozens of nuclear power plants? or are we all supposed to rub balloons on our heads 24 hours a day?

global demand for fossil fuels is decades away from decreasing. decades. Doesn’t mean we don’t keep trying, doesn’t mean we don’t keep investing. But it would be nice if the people running the country could put reality ahead of ideological
pipe dreams.

my homes roof is covered with solar panels. we’re facing south and have no trees near the house as tall as the roof, so we get a ton of direct sunlight. it still only generates a portion of what we use in a year, and that’s without having to power two vehicles ( soon to be 3 as junior turns 16).

We’re decades away from renewables making a big dent in demand. it does us zero good, and causes a ton of harm, to pretend otherwise.
Sure, nothing will ever replace burning wood, coal, coal gas, kerosene lamps, iceboxes, landlines, adding machines, typewriters, film, phone booths, iPods, blackberries, alarm clocks and fax machines
Never happen
Wonder where Kodak and Sears went?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sure, nothing will ever replace burning wood, coal, coal gas, kerosene lamps, iceboxes, landlines, adding machines, typewriters, film, phone booths, iPods, blackberries, alarm clocks and fax machines
Never happen
Wonder where Kodak and Sears went?
i didn’t come close to saying change isn’t coming. i said it’s decades away.

I completely bitchslapped you, so you responded to something i never came close to saying.

the old isn’t replaced with the new, until the new is practical and ready to replace the old. Wind/solar aren’t even close to being ready. It’s not close.

I don’t say that because i like saying it. I say it, because it’s obviously true.

there’s a reason why the price of Exxon Mobil and Chevron are soaring right now. Because people
who are objective about such things, know the demand for fossil
fuels isn’t going away soon.

Every incentive inagineable exists to replace fossil fuels with renewables. Whoever gets there first will be worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

We can’t do it yet, not for awhile.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-10-2022 at 02:18 PM..
Old 06-10-2022, 02:21 PM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

pipe dreams.

Electric vehicles increase 100% year to year and just a few years ago nobody would believe that every home would have a computer, yet look at what you hold in your hand, that’s even pretty capable of translating speech to text.

I think we have a better chance of Kurzweil’s law of accelerating returns being true than your Luddite view of the world we live in.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #78
wdmso

Because people

The only people suggesting oil is going away are conservatives and the the GOP. To rally their mindless followers
Old 06-10-2022, 09:15 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because people

The only people suggesting oil is going away are conservatives and the the GOP. To rally their mindless followers
democrats are saying the response to high gas prices, is to buy an electric car. In a few months, we get to tell Pudding Brain what we think of that

Biden is saying no need to worry, because “core inflation” is stabilizing. Core inflation. excludes food and energy. So as long as you don’t eat or drive, all is swell.

I cannot wait until november. I already took a vacation day, the day after the election, so i can stay up all night drinking and watching msnbc and cnn.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:04 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
democrats are saying the response to high gas prices, is to buy an electric car. In a few months, we get to tell Pudding Brain what we think of that

Biden is saying no need to worry, because “core inflation” is stabilizing. Core inflation. excludes food and energy. So as long as you don’t eat or drive, all is swell.

I cannot wait until november. I already took a vacation day, the day after the election, so i can stay up all night drinking and watching msnbc and cnn.
You can start watching now, but you really need to quit drinking

An important stat, in total viewership:

Hillary at Benghazi hearing: 4M viewers

Night one of 1/6 hearing: 20M viewers

It’ll get better

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-11-2022, 06:20 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can start watching now, but you really need to quit drinking

An important stat, in total viewership:

Hillary at Benghazi hearing: 4M viewers

Night one of 1/6 hearing: 20M viewers

It’ll get better
every one of those 20 million folks was already going to vote democrat.

here’s my stat. Inflation is at a 41 year high, with the highest year over year inflation ever for food, gas up over 100%.

here’s another stat. in poll after poll, americans say inflation is ther number one concern. Nobody mentions January 6th, because trump is a private citizen and not impacting our lives currently ( except, of course, the lives of those deranged with obsession with him).

whose stat is goin to matter on election day?

you’re right, it will get better. For the gop. gas prices will be north of $5.50 before they come down, and the Fed had absolutely no
choice but to raise interest rates drastically, which will help inflation eventually but will also almost certainly put us in to a recession

i’m holding a flush. You’re holding a pair of 3’s.

Nobody other that hard core lefties, will be thinking about january 6th in november. Nobody.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-11-2022 at 06:26 AM..
Old 06-11-2022, 07:41 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’re American, you care.
Old 06-11-2022, 07:51 AM   #83
wdmso

Quote:

And after Election Day the GOP is going to do nothing with the economy they are going to do nothing to help the American people like they are doing before the midterms .

Than their going to have bogus hearing daily just to rally and feed you and the rest of the mindless base with fantastic fantasy’s ! who will believe every word all while still paying high gas prices yelling Biden until 2024

PS you do understand Food prices are directly related to the price of Oil

Which the big oil you love refuses to increase production! Telling you lies which you soak up like a sponge

And repeat whenever their critiqued
Old 06-11-2022, 08:12 AM   #84
wdmso

Nobody other that hard core lefties, will be thinking about january 6th in november. Nobody.

spoke like True radicalized Cult Member and less than an American concerned about democracy in the United States

You sound like Trump response to what his daughter said on tape

She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!).”

And Trump says Ivanka Trump doesn't understand elections after she disowned his claim that the 2020 vote was stolen

Ivanka Trump said she accepted what Barr said. She didn’t say she studied it

seems a lot of Trump supporters can’t accept the whole picture of what lead up to Jan 6th

denialism is a cancer in the GOP , When you see and hear and read text messages and still say

No Jim it’s only the hard core Trumplicans who don’t care what happened , be a good sheep and don’t look up
Old 06-11-2022, 09:18 AM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:

spoke like True radicalized Cult Member and less than an American concerned about democracy in the United States

You sound like Trump response to what his daughter said on tape

She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!).”

And Trump says Ivanka Trump doesn't understand elections after she disowned his claim that the 2020 vote was stolen

Ivanka Trump said she accepted what Barr said. She didn’t say she studied it

seems a lot of Trump supporters can’t accept the whole picture of what lead up to Jan 6th

denialism is a cancer in the GOP , When you see and hear and read text messages and still say

No Jim it’s only the hard core Trumplicans who don’t care what happened , be a good sheep and don’t look up
you got a poll that shows americans cable anywhere near as much about january 6th, as they care about inflation?

i’m reacting to what’s actually happening. you can only see what you wish was happening, which is why you picked the right party to support.

I’m “in denial” because i say americans care more about the economy. yup. that’s me.

Can’t wait until november. that will tell us who’s in denial, and who had a grasp of reality.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:19 AM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

I see Jim who claims to be a “constitutional conservative” muttering about how some people are so hung up on the Constitutional transfer of power and honoring oaths of office when there are more important issues people care about like the price of gasoline.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
I see Jim who claims to be a “constitutional conservative” muttering about how some people are so hung up on the Constitutional transfer of power and honoring oaths of office when there are more important issues people care about like the price of gasoline.
prosecute all of them. what else do you want me
to say? i’ve never said republicans are above the law.

it’s your side which is ignoring the law in allowing protesters outside the homes of supreme court justices, they won’t enforce the law because they agree with what they’re protesting

It doesn’t make me a constitutional anarchist, because i say no one cares about january 6th when they’re dealing with these prices for gas and food. Trump isnt on the ballot this november, so why would january 6th matter anywhere near as much as the fact that Biden is president when the average household is paying hundreds of dollars more per month for the same groceries and gas. and now their 401k balances are dropping.

that’s more immediately critical to anyone not deranged with trump hatred.

anyone who broke the law, should
be punished. good luck
finding flaws with that.
Old 06-11-2022, 11:15 AM   #88
wdmso

In the space of 60 seconds, McCarthy was asked five times whether President Biden’s win in the 2020 election was legitimate. Each time, he declined to answer — saying merely that Biden is the president, while not addressing the “legitimate” part — and claiming he had answered the question.

Why is that?
Old 06-11-2022, 11:21 AM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

As we will find out the conspiracy was not limited to Trump.

Fox News didn’t just let Tucker Carlson do his regular show, they aired it without commercials. They want to push his propaganda so much that they are leaving money on the table to do it.

Carlson went the whole hour without a break, Fox is so desperate to keep its viewers from switching to another channel and seeing the hearing in real time.

And why did Chuck Grassley say on January 5th that he would be stepping in for Mike Pence on January 6th?

As far as the Supreme Court goes, why would Cullen vs Coakley not apply to the Supreme Court?
Old 06-11-2022, 11:23 AM   #90
wdmso

Quote:
prosecute all of them. what else do you want me
to say? i’ve never said republicans are above the law.

it’s your side which is ignoring the law in allowing protesters outside the homes of supreme court justices, they won’t enforce the law because they agree with what they’re protesting

It doesn’t make me a constitutional anarchist, because i say no one cares about january 6th when they’re dealing with these prices for gas and food. Trump isnt on the ballot this november, so why would january 6th matter anywhere near as much as the fact that Biden is president when the average household is paying hundreds of dollars more per month for the same groceries and gas. and now their 401k balances are dropping.

that’s more immediately critical to anyone not deranged with trump hatred.

anyone who broke the law, should
be punished. good luck
finding flaws with that.

But you do not think what happened is a concern for Democracy and are ignoring the facts being presented

So I doubt you would accept any punishment if any laws were broken

It would be explained away as a partisan witch hunt anyway..

Can’t wait to see the judiciary’s committee under Jim Jordon the man who refused to comply with a lawful congressional subpoena..

I bet fauci is on his hit list