Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #61
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
all i’m claiming is what i said. people with PhDs have low vaccination rates. if it’s immoral for trumplicans to not get vaccinated, i don’t know why it’s not equally immoral for blacks or people
with PhDs to not get vaccinated. perhaps
you can explain why it’s a bigger sin for republicans to not get vaccinated than blacks or people with PhDs.

i think it’s beyond stupid for anyone to not get vaccinated. i don’t distinguish between republicans and democrats. but you and wdmso do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
For what its worth 96% of staff at UCONN (which includes faculty, admin, maintenance etc..) and 98% of Eastern faculty are fully vaccinated (this is higher than the 90% rate of the non-faculty staff). Southern, Central and Western have similar numbers. Is this indicative of very college and PHD out there, of course not. But if you look at the original study, there were some flaws in that for sure, and I bet if they ran it again, they would get different results, so I would be careful hanging a hat on this one stat....
Back to hiding, carry on the circlejerk...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-05-2021, 04:41 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
For what its worth 96% of staff at UCONN (which includes faculty, admin, maintenance etc..) and 98% of Eastern faculty are fully vaccinated (this is higher than the 90% rate of the non-faculty staff). Southern, Central and Western have similar numbers. Is this indicative of very college and PHD out there, of course not. But if you look at the original study, there were some flaws in that for sure, and I bet if they ran it again, they would get different results, so I would be careful hanging a hat on this one stat....
Back to hiding, carry on the circlejerk...
i’d also bet it would be different if they ran it today. but my point is, liberals are furious that diehard trumplicans aren’t vaccinated, but don’t express any concern over their own cells that have low vaccination rates.

i can’t imagine anyone not being vaccinated.

have a great holiday RH.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
But if you look at the original study, there were some flaws in that for sure, and I bet if they ran it again, they would get different results, so I would be careful hanging a hat on this one stat....
Some flaws? They had no way of verifying education levels and believe people were putting in more extreme answers for partisan purposes.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:01 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Some flaws? They had no way of verifying education levels and believe people were putting in more extreme answers for partisan purposes.
how about blacks?
Old 12-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #65
wdmso

i don’t distinguish between republicans and democrats. but you and wdmso do.

Maybe you should because the distinction is Huge ., and the reasons Republicans refuse the vaccine the masks and any other suggestion to combat Covid

Is based 99.99 % on misinformation and political bias spewed by Republicans and conservatives themselves ..

Yes their are other groups who also choose or have smaller overall vaccine rates but the Truth is

analysis finds that Republicans and Republican leaning independents, who represent 41% of adults, now make up 60% of the adult unvaccinated population across the country and that political partisanship is a stronger predictor of whether someone is vaccinated than any demographic factor measured.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #66
spence

Quote:
how about blacks?
Don’t know about the study but the cdc data appears to show black vaccination rate similar to or slightly below whites currently.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:13 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
i don’t distinguish between republicans and democrats. but you and wdmso do.

Maybe you should because the distinction is Huge ., and the reasons Republicans refuse the vaccine the masks and any other suggestion to combat Covid

Is based 99.99 % on misinformation and political bias spewed by Republicans and conservatives themselves ..

Yes their are other groups who also choose or have smaller overall vaccine rates but the Truth is

analysis finds that Republicans and Republican leaning independents, who represent 41% of adults, now make up 60% of the adult unvaccinated population across the country and that political partisanship is a stronger predictor of whether someone is vaccinated than any demographic factor measured.
i see.

so democrats won’t call
out unvaccinated blacks because unlike unvaccinated republicans, the blacks don’t know
any better?
Old 12-05-2021, 05:46 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that’s exactly right.

where in the constitution would you find any language giving the federal government the authority to
mandate that someone take
medicine they don’t want?

here’s a question for you, and good
luck
answering this one.

why is it a crime for someone to assault a pregnant woman and
kill the baby? if the unborn isn’t a human being, how can killing the baby be murder?

unless you’d say that it’s a human if the mom wants it, but not a human if the mom doesn’t want it, and that’s beyond stupid. the mothers state of
mind changes nothing as far as the baby is concerned. the moms intentions don’t bestow humanity.
The death of an unborn child was not considered murder in the Old Testament, but just like federal law until 2004 could be a cause for a tort claim.

You can explain to the vast majority of Jews that you don’t care what their religion tells them, yours is the one recognized by the Supreme Court.

And if life concerns you so much perhaps you and the rest of them prolife movement should consider doing something about healthcare for Americans since we rank near last among developed nations in infant/maternal mortality, 33rd of 36!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2021, 05:51 PM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The death of an unborn child was not considered murder in the Old Testament, but just like federal law until 2004 could be a cause for a tort claim.

You can explain to the vast majority of Jews that you don’t care what their religion tells them, yours is the one recognized by the Supreme Court.

And if life concerns you so much perhaps you and the rest of them prolife movement should consider doing something about healthcare for Americans since we rank near last among developed nations in infant/maternal mortality, 33rd of 36!
i asked why it’s murder now. most liberals few it should be a crime doesn’t make sense

you just don’t get it. the supreme
court isn’t considering a religious belief. the supreme court is considering whether or not the question of abortion is a federal issue or a state issue. not whether abortion is moral or not.

i’ve said many times we can and should improve the safety net for people who need it.

Old 12-05-2021, 05:51 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i see.

so democrats won’t call
out unvaccinated blacks because unlike unvaccinated republicans, the blacks don’t know
any better?
Actually black leaders are encouraging blacks to get vaccinated, not sure why right wing media is not.
But the effect is showing

Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-06-2021, 06:34 AM   #71
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Actually black leaders are encouraging blacks to get vaccinated, not sure why right wing media is not.

which right wing media members are unvaccinated and encouraging others to not get vaccinated?
Old 12-06-2021, 07:42 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
which right wing media members are unvaccinated and encouraging others to not get vaccinated?
he conveniently left out that Kamala Harris said she’d refuse to take any vaccine that trump suggested americans take.

she gets a complete and total
free pass, for telling those who listen to her ( for whatever godforsaken reason) not to get vaccinated. Subsequently, blacks have very low vaccine rates.

instead of blaming that on an influential black person who spoke against vaccines, Pete blames republicans.

Shocker!
Old 12-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
i see.

so democrats won’t call
any better?
Blacks 13% of the population whites 76%

I know it’s the same thing.in your brain

Ps not all blacks are liberals nor are whites and not all liberal are pro vaccines and not all Republicans are anti vaccine

But these studies are clear Republicans are unvaccinated based mainly misinformation

Inside the growing alliance between anti-vaccine activists and pro-Trump Republicans

Bigtree has been banned from social media platforms like YouTube for making false claims about the dangers of COVID vaccines. But as the pandemic has dragged on, his conservative audience keeps growing. Often he speaks at conferences alongside people who claim the election was rigged, and promoters of QAnon conspiracy theories.
So I suggest again Jim you focus on the Truth if you throw a rock into a group of the unvaccinated or anti Abortion you have the highest statistical likelihood to hit a Republican . Not a Black person or some one with PHD .. and if you did hit some one in the other group even they would more likely be Republicans

Just give up the evidence is overwhelming

Nearly 40% of Republicans are still hesitant about getting the Covid-19 vaccine or refuse to get it,

There is good news the trend to get vaccinated has shifted a bit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...ne-poll-finds/
Old 12-06-2021, 08:45 AM   #74
scottw

I hope we get a variant that only attacks the vaccinated...that will be hysterical...actually, every case I've heard of Omicron so far has been in fully vaccinated people...so maybe???

get your Christmas shopping done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8780.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	68602  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:46 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:

Bigtree has been banned from social media platforms like YouTube for making false claims

this is devastating....who is bigtree?
Old 12-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #76
wdmso

Jim Jordan says 'real America is done with Covid.'
Old 12-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
Blacks 13% of the population whites 76%

Ps not all blacks are liberals nor are whites and not all liberal are pro vaccines and not all Republicans are anti vaccine

But these studies are clear Republicans are unvaccinated based mainly misinformation

Inside the growing alliance between anti-vaccine activists and pro-Trump Republicans

Bigtree has been banned from social media platforms like YouTube for making false claims about the dangers of COVID vaccines. But as the pandemic has dragged on, his conservative audience keeps growing. Often he speaks at conferences alongside people who claim the election was rigged, and promoters of QAnon conspiracy theories.
So I suggest again Jim you focus on the Truth if you throw a rock into a group of the unvaccinated or anti Abortion you have the highest statistical likelihood to hit a Republican . Not a Black person or some one with PHD .. and if you did hit some one in the other group even they would more likely be Republicans

Just give up the evidence is overwhelming

Nearly 40% of Republicans are still hesitant about getting the Covid-19 vaccine or refuse to get it,

There is good news the trend to get vaccinated has shifted a bit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...ne-poll-finds/
"I know it’s the same thing.in your brain"

I didn't say there are more blacks than whites. I said blacks have low vaccination rates. In fact, they have the lowest vaccination rates of any race in the US.

Why is that? Maybe they are listening to what Kamala Harris said.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...SAAEgIONfD_BwE

"Republicans are unvaccinated based mainly misinformation "

OK. Since you seem to know why different groups are unvaccinated, please explain why blacks are unvaccinated? You can't blame Trump, because he's telling people to get vaccinated.

You insult unvaccinated Republicans for being misinformed. Fine. Tell us why blacks are also rejecting the vaccine?

Unless there's a reason (political, perhaps?) that you are too scared to address that point.

"Bigtree has been banned from social media platforms"

I have never heard of Bigtree. Not exactly as influential as Rush Limbaugh.

"and if you did hit some one in the other group even they would more likely be Republicans "

You're saying unvaccinated blacks are Republicans? Look at the data I posted. As of December 2, only 36% of blacks were fully vaccinated. Therefore, 64% of blacks have not been vaccinated. You think that many blacks are Republican? Is that what you are saying?

Please post SOME DATA, ANY DATA, to support your theory that unvaccinated blacks are mostly Republicans. I would really, really enjoy seeing that data.

Bigtree. I love it. Bigtree speaks for the entire GOP.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #78
spence

Quote:
he conveniently left out that Kamala Harris said she’d refuse to take any vaccine that trump suggested americans take.
She said she wouldn’t take a vaccine just because Trump suggested it alone, but she would look to the medical professionals.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:25 AM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
She said she wouldn’t take a vaccine just because Trump suggested it alone, but she would look to the medical professionals.
she said ( after saying she’d want to hear from doctors) if trump tells us to take it, i’m not taking it. and trump is telling us to take it. Therefore, an idiot who listens to her, might be confused by what she’s saying. but she gets a complete pass, because she’s a democrat, and according to you, they can’t be wrong.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #80
wdmso

unvaccinated blacks are mostly Republicans ? Why are you making things up again

Just accept it Republicans way way more likely then any other demographic to be unvaccinated and you can thank the GOP and conservatives and BIGTREE conservatives love him and his anti vax stance ..

Jim Jordan says 'real America is done with Covid.' Who’s he speaking For ? Americans nope the GOPQ that’s who

Please Jim keep selling your needle in a haystack stories as actual trends like your Harris’s comment completely out of context …
Old 12-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #81
wdmso

Quote:
she said ( after saying she’d want to hear from doctors) if trump tells us to take it, i’m not taking it. and trump is telling us to take it. Therefore, an idiot who listens to her, might be confused by what she’s saying. but she gets a complete pass, because she’s a democrat, and according to you, they can’t be wrong.

You are a beyond desperate.. to make a point that doesn’t exist except in your imagination

Trump promise by Election Day which always appeared improbable and politically motivated ….

Democrats, and HARRIS a comment have expressed fears that the Trump administration would rush to approve a vaccine that had not been proved safe or effective for political purposes

Not because they didn’t believe in vaccines

of course Trump would try to push treatments that don’t work can you say Hydroxychloroquine

Then tried to steal the election
Old 12-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are a beyond desperate.. to make a point that doesn’t exist except in your imagination

Trump promise by Election Day which always appeared improbable and politically motivated ….

Democrats, and HARRIS a comment have expressed fears that the Trump administration would rush to approve a vaccine that had not been proved safe or effective for political purposes

Not because they didn’t believe in vaccines

of course Trump would try to push treatments that don’t work can you say Hydroxychloroquine

Then tried to steal the election
i’m desperate.

i admit every bad thing trump has done.

i share a video of Stacey Abrams saying her election was stolen, and you still deny she said the election was stolen. because democrats can’t be wrong.

and i’m desperate.

i’ve asked you twice why so many blacks are unvaccinated ( since you seem to know why people are t vaccinated) and you keep
dodging.

and i’m the desperate one.

sheesh.

i actually have no clue why black vaccination rates are so
low. I do know, it’s not because they’re mostly republicans. THAT was deranged
Old 12-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #83
spence

Quote:
If you listen to the interview and debate she's obviously saying I wouldn't take medical advice from a guy who thinks you should inject bleach into your body.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #84
spence

Quote:
i share a video of Stacey Abrams saying her election was stolen, and you still deny she said the election was stolen.
I'm wagering you weren't on the debate team at UCONN.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nope.

But I'm secure enough in my beliefs, that I can admit when people on my side behave badly. Also secure enough in my beliefs, that I don't have to agree with every single thing that's on the official policy agenda of my side. I can easily admit there are good and bad people, good and bad ideas, on both sides.

I didn't debate at UCONN, but, I learned how to think logically and solve problems.

Makes one of us.

Great zinger, you've really got me on the ropes.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Remind us, what are the policies on which you disagree with todays democrat party, and on which you agree with the GOP?

And if you can't name one, just say that you don't think the democrats are wrong on anything.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:42 PM   #87
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Remind us, what are the policies on which you disagree with todays democrat party, and on which you agree with the GOP?

And if you can't name one, just say that you don't think the democrats are wrong on anything.
Boy you must be loving even MSNBC coming down hard on Biden’s travel bans, which I agree are stupid in light of the speed at which we now know these Covid variations travel. OMG you and I agree on something.

You probably won’t be happy with the latest NPR study indicating areas voting heavily for Trump are dying at three times the rate of the national average with Covid.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Boy you must be loving even MSNBC coming down hard on Biden’s travel bans, which I agree are stupid in light of the speed at which we now know these Covid variations travel. OMG you and I agree on something.

You probably won’t be happy with the latest NPR study indicating areas voting heavily for Trump are dying at three times the rate of the national average with Covid.
Biden attacked Trumps travel ban, then did the same thing. i’d like someone to ask biden why it was racist and xenophobic for Trump
to do it but brilliant when he does it. i think it's a fair question.

no, i’m not happy ( unlike you?). that trump supporters are dying in higher numbers. I can’t believe anyone wouldn’t get vaccinated. makes no sense to me.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #89
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Biden attacked Trumps travel ban, then did the same thing. i’d like someone to ask biden why it was racist and xenophobic for Trump
to do it but brilliant when he does it. i think it's a fair question.

no, i’m not happy ( unlike you?). that trump supporters are dying in higher numbers. I can’t believe anyone wouldn’t get vaccinated. makes no sense to me.
I don’t wish anyone suffer or die from Covid, but the messaging from the top down on the right will cost lives.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I don’t wish anyone suffer or die from Covid, but the messaging from the top down on the right will cost lives.
trump is telling people to get vaccinated. always has.

who is at the top on the right that’s telling people not to get vaccinated?

that’s a sincere question.

and i know you don’t wish anything bad to happen to anybody.