Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
scottw

I knew you'd like that...

I think he mentioned that he teaches or taught Constitutional Law ...apparently the same version as our President...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
JohnnyD

All of this Fiscal Cliff nonsense is nothing but a dog and pony show to keep the public distracted and muddy the already molasses-thick waters that is our bloated and corrupt federal budgeting. Neither Congress nor our President have a sense of fiscal responsibility to anyone except those that pad their pockets.

Senator Coburn from Oklahoma said: "If We Raise Taxes, We're Just Going To Use It To Grow Government." While he was correct in that aspect, he then voted Yea for a bill that increases the tax burden on Americans.

Hell, the damn "deal" actually increases overall spending:
Deficit 'fiscal cliff' bill actually spends $330 billion more - Washington Times

I recently read a statement: "Today, the only difference between Democrats and Republicans is how they'll spend the money they steal from you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I knew you'd like that...

I think he mentioned that he teaches or taught Constitutional Law ...apparently the same version as our President...
Those who best know and understand the law are also best-suited to exploit it. There was more than one major push last year by our lawmakers to completely stomp on the Constitution. The biggest offense was National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 which could have subjected American citizens in the country to indefinite detention, a-la the Chinese government.