Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
Skip N

I am NEVER driving with the Kennedys!

I think its safe to say that EVRYONE would rather hunt with Cheney than ever drive with a Kennedy! Like father like son i guess
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
spence

Yea, addiction and substance abuse can be pretty funny, HAHA

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
Skip N

No its not funny. Neither was Cheney shooting his buddy in the face but folks could'nt contain themselves on that one! Patrick is just luckly he didnt kill somone like his father did. What is it with the Kennedys and odd behavior?

Hopefully Patrick gets some help. Wether it be for the meds or if he was drinking that night. I'm not sure if i buy the Med story he gave but maybe its true, i dont know just yet.

At least he didnt shove an airline worker this time
Old 05-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
spence

I have to disagree...

Cheney shooting his hunting partner was pretty funny

Kennedy is damn lucky he didn't hurt anyone, and if he was drunk the police shouldn't have let him off. I'd wager he might have mixed a few dinks with his meds...

-spence

Last edited by spence; 05-05-2006 at 10:38 AM..
Old 05-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Bronko

They are the epitome of what is wrong with American politics. This is not party specific, this encompasses every party. The sense of entitlement that families like the Kennedy's exhibit is appalling. People like this think (and apparently are) above the law. The have absolutely no sense of their actions and the consequences that come from these actions. Their entire life they have been given everything they want, usually costing them nothing. Between poitical junkets, scholarships, trips, gifts attributed to "friends"...the list goes on. For a family as troubled and as tragically flawed as they are (between tragic death, murder, rapes overdoses, DUI's and substance abuse) you would think they would circle the wagons and address these issues. Instead, the binge drinking, glad handing and grandstanding continues.

Why should one of them clean-up, go sober or attempt to set a positive example? They will get re-elcted anyway. Screw the constituents. If I want to knock back a dozen Bombay Sapphire martinis and careen into a retaining wall thats my choice.

I have very little respect for any politicians these days....can you tell?
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Thier is some difference here between Ted and the kid

Ted being the coward he is drove into a shallow tidal pond with a passenger in his vehicle and just walked away leaving her to suffocate. At least the kid didn't take off from this crash or the one two weeks ago. Thats a stepup as far as I am concerned.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
spence

Assuming Kennedy was DUI, then issue has more to do with dependence than entitlement.

It's not like the poor or middle class have any problems getting caught driving while drunk, again and again...

-spence
Old 05-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #8
Bronko

I am talking about the family as a whole, not the poor and middle class in our country. This is just the latest in a litany of DUI's. (Teddy's wife alone has a dozen) I think the fact that many of them are hoplessly dependent upon drugs and alcohol goes without saying.

The gross sense of entitlement and the half century orgy on the taxpayer's dime are different issues entirely.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
The Kennedy's SUCK! Anyone who puts them on a lofty perch needs to have their head examined!! They are just a disfunctional bunch of misfits with alot of dough and political clout leftover from the early days....they just live off of the used to be's!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko
This is just the latest in a litany of DUI's. (Teddy's wife alone has a dozen) I think the fact that many of them are hoplessly dependent upon drugs and alcohol goes without saying.
Could be a genetic dependence...

Where did you hear his wife has 12 DUI's?

-spence
Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Bronko

Sources that work a certain corridor of a certain highway in a certain town. Pulled over constantly.

She has been convicted 4 times and has a 2 year suspended sentence hanging over her. She also was or is on probabtion for two years. Last March she was found passed out in a gutter downtown.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
spence

4 DUI convictions is a nice record...she should be proud

I'm not a Kennedy fan by the way

-spence
Old 05-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence
he might have mixed a few dinks with his meds...

-spence
Puffing pickle with meds?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #14
Bronko

Quote:
4 DUI convictions is a nice record...she should be proud

I'm not a Kennedy fan by the way

-spence
Not a fan either.

I thought I had sworn of politics since the fish have arrived, but that family and families like that in both parties drive me crazy.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Bronko,
I thought you were a relative of the Kennedy's.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #16
basswipe

Pahdrig has suddenly announced his addiction to painkillers and will immediately be entering rehab.BULLSH!T!!!

He's never done a physical thing in his life.He needs a little dose of reality...PATRICK YOU'RE A FALLING DOWN DRUNK!By virtue of the business I'm in and the people I've met I know this to be absolutely true.He needs to step up to the plate and tell the truth and admit he's a complete alcoholic with no excuses whatsoever.

I don't care what party you belong too there's no defending what happened.The truth is Patrick Kennedy is a hardcore alcoholic plain and simple.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #17
Young Salt
Salt of the Earth

take it easy on him guys, it's not like he beat a teenage girl to death with a golf club.
Young Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #18
spence

Well, in his defence...it can't be easy to stand up in front of the entire Country and admit an addiction...even if you're a Kennedy.

I'd like to see the Dem party find a replacement for his district, the guy doesn't doesn't offer much...and it's not like he needs to even work

-spence
Old 05-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperreaper
Bronko,
I thought you were a relative of the Kennedy's.

That will cost you one plug.

I will see you in the dark of tomorrow morning, where we discussed.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #20
basswipe

Quote:
Well, in his defence...it can't be easy to stand up in front of the entire Country and admit an addiction...even if you're a Kennedy.

-spence
But that's the problem Spence he didn't admit to an addiction to alcohol.He doesn't have an addiction to painkillers his addiction is alcohol.Lies and denial are what the addict are all about.As long as he continues to lie even if that means admitting he has an addiction to painkillers this lie will allow him to continue with his real addiction which is alcohol.

Btw this is not a violation of my New Year's resolution about no longer getting involved in political or religious threads.This response is about one thing and one thing only:addiction.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #21
spence

I'd wager he has an addiction to both.

-spence
Old 05-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #22
vineyardblues

F.Y.I
I like Teddy and the whole clan...
It's not easy , and they are givers and not takers!
Tuff life

VB
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #23
Raven

proven fact

that ambienCR makes ya do weird things
sleep driving is one of them

whether he had taken some is another question.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #24
"uffah!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko
They are the epitome of what is wrong with American politics. This is not party specific, this encompasses every party. The sense of entitlement that families like the Kennedy's exhibit is appalling. People like this think (and apparently are) above the law. The have absolutely no sense of their actions and the consequences that come from these actions. Their entire life they have been given everything they want, usually costing them nothing. Between poitical junkets, scholarships, trips, gifts attributed to "friends"...the list goes on. For a family as troubled and as tragically flawed as they are (between tragic death, murder, rapes overdoses, DUI's and substance abuse) you would think they would circle the wagons and address these issues. Instead, the binge drinking, glad handing and grandstanding continues.

Why should one of them clean-up, go sober or attempt to set a positive example? They will get re-elcted anyway. Screw the constituents. If I want to knock back a dozen Bombay Sapphire martinis and careen into a retaining wall thats my choice.

I have very little respect for any politicians these days....can you tell?
I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!!
"uffah!!" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #25
stripersnipr

Quote:
Yea, addiction and substance abuse can be pretty funny, HAHA

-spence
Only when its Rush Limbaugh right?
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr
Only when its Rush Limbaugh right?
I didn't laugh at Rush's addiction, although I thought it was certianly ironic...and a lot hypocritical...

Didn't you???

-spence
Old 05-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #27
Backbeach Jake

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineyardblues
F.Y.I
I like Teddy and the whole clan...
It's not easy , and they are givers and not takers!
Tuff life

VB
Thanks VB, they are givers. Rose taught them to remember from whence they came.
Concerning addiction, some family lines and even Races have predispositions toward addiction. The sterotypes do contain a grain of truth. The Irish are portrayed as drunk because of a predisposition in their Country toward achoholism. Not all but enough to be used by racist( if that's the correct term) against them.Some Asians are missing an enzyme that metabolizes alcohol. They get stinko cheapo.
Now on admission of addiction; admission of any imperfection is difficult. Just look at any Flame War in any forum on the 'net and it usually starts with an accusation of imperfection and is replied with a screaming denial. We do that privately to ourselves every day. Something, anything ,that you do that doesn't measure up but is passable is denial. Denial is the hardest thing to see when it's your own. Addiction to anything is a Demon, God bless anyone who sees their Demon and strives to defeat it. Doubly Bless those who look for them inside before anything awful happens. Just my 2 cents

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #28
Squid kids Dad

I happen to agree with VB and BBJ..Ditto what they said...

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #29
Skip N

Didnt Patrick once brag about never working an F'ing day in his whole life? Now thats a man i can really get behind and vote for He's a spoiled little rich boy who's had everything handed to him his entire life. He knows no matter what he does he'll get a pass.

The shoving of that female Airline worker a few years ago showed just what kinda man he really is. A spoiled little punk is all he is. I feel bad for him if he truly become addicted to pain killers. But that doesnt excuse his actions in the airport that day. Little punk.

I wish the Kennedys would just go away.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #30
stripersnipr

Quote:
I didn't laugh at Rush's addiction, although I thought it was certianly ironic...and a lot hypocritical...

Didn't you???

-spence
Limbaugh: Hypocritical and ironic I suppose to some extent because it was so totally out of his perceived character. Very surprsing disclosure.

Kennedy: Consistent behavior not at all out of charecter no surprise at all.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote