Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 10-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Owenstrong Fundraiser Auction Items

As you might already know from following along with the posts on the events page on Facebook www.facebook.com/events/116100922388028/, we have some amazing items which have been graciously donated by members of the fishing community for use as both auction and raffle prizes on Saturday. In advance of the big event, here is a partial list of some of the more sought-after items which will be available in the silent auction. The price listed after each item represents the opening bid or “reserve” which must be met in order to take home the item (but we anticipate the final bids to be much higher.) There will be additional items up for auction, and we are reserving some additional big-ticket donations for the raffles, so be sure to come to the fundraiser on Saturday to see it all!

*** Please note that we will only be accepting CASH or PAYPAL payments made directly to John at the event. So if you have your sights set on one of these items, be sure to have access to PayPal (we will have a computer with WiFi available) or bring enough cash to cover your anticipated bid. If you’re looking at one of the charters, consider pooling your funds with a couple of your friends. Also, you will need to be in attendance to participate in the raffles and auctions unless you are able to arrange with someone in attendance to cover for you as all payments must be made at the show. Remember that this is all about raising money to assist in Owen Hanecak’s battle with Leukemia so open up those wallets!
  • 1-of-a-kind prototype darter by Big Water Lures - $100
  • 1-of-a-kind custom color darter by Super Strike Lures - $75
  • Framed artist’s proof Vito De Vito print - $150
  • “Sporty” cannon from Sunset Cannons (yes, this is a REAL, working mini-cannon!!!) - $200
  • Custom ODM Next1 11' 2-6 rod by Lou’s Custom Rods - $200
  • “Guaranteed“ offshore tuna or shark trip with Tom White for up to 3 people - $600
  • Signed copy of “Bright Waters, Shining Tides” by Kib Bramhal - $100
  • Original wood-burned striped bass by Bold Coast Burns - $150
  • Full-day Bluefin tuna charter aboard Newport Sport Fishing Charters with Capt. Rob Taylor - $600
  • Custom “Old School” Lamiglas GSB 132 1m rod by BillyD Custom Rods - $150

Last edited by tlapinski; 10-20-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Damn... That is some list! But I hope to be represented for raffles.... That cannon is sweet. (She would kill me if I even mentioned another cannon as I already have two.....)

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

I’m ready to start bidding.

That trip with me will be a Guaranteed catch trip.

I will spare no expense to find fish and when we go you better be ready to run.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by GattaFish; 10-18-2017 at 06:48 PM..
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post
That trip with me will be a Guaranteed catch trip.

Tom, I know what guaranteed means but for those who don't maybe you can explain.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
BigKris

The trip with Tom Will be EPIC! Not a doubt! I feel bad for the fish on that trip!
I might even donate my filleting skills to that trip!😉😉😉
BigKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #6
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Tom, I know what guaranteed means but for those who don't maybe you can explain.

I will answer any questions anyone has.

Guarantee is just that. If I can’t put the boat on fish then I will gladly take them out on another trip at no additional cost.

Paul I fish with a small group that knows nothing has changed in my pursuit of fish either from shore or Offshore.

I won’t sleep for days and will work every hour while Offshore to get on the fish. This trip will most likely be more than one day depending on how far we have to go to find fish.

Last edited by GattaFish; 10-18-2017 at 08:33 PM..

Old 10-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Just a quick update, the charter with Rob Taylor has been updated/confirmed to be a full-day bluefin trip. Due to this the opening bid/reserve has been increased to $600.

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #8
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

It this was the other type auction I would bid $1500 right now to get the ball rolling on Robs Charter.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #9
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

With the amazingly generous outpouring of support and donations that we have received for the fundraiser, we are going to make a small adjustment to the auction item list. We are moving two of the items (and possibly a third) previously slated to be used in the silent auction, and creating a “Super Cow Raffle” designation at $10 per ticket. This will provide attendees who might not otherwise be able to place a hefty bid on these items a shot at winning them, and in the end hopefully raise more total funds as that is the ultimate goal at the end of the day. To this end, the following will now be moved from the Silent Auction to the Super Cow Raffle:
  • Original striped bass & false albacore watercolor by David Riina Fine Arts
  • Brand new fully tricked out fishing bike from Canal Cruisers

- a wise man.