Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
fishnlaxli

Two Hooks to One

Guys,

First off I wanted to say great site! The plug building section here is very vast and very informative! It has helped me a lot as I am a relatively new builder and have been lurking and searching quite a bit during the winter months. So, I thank you for all of the information here!

So, here is my question. I wanted to see if you guys had a specific approach in changing the way you have the hooks set up on your plugs (mainly metal lips). Let me explain better, I have a large body metal lip that I have made that came out very good with two belly hooks and a tag on the back. When I swan this plug with a good fishing buddy he loved it, but he wants it to have one bigger belly hook and whatever works in the back. What I am asking is if you guys have a specific way you would approach making the above changes. If it helps you analyze the situation the plug does have a belly weigh a bit forward of center.

I appreciate any ideas and or advice....
fishnlaxli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
bennyraw

I'm no expert but I would start by changing the front hook to a larger size and try a dressed siwash on the back. If it still performs well you're good to go, if not you have to start moving some things around.
bennyraw is offline   Reply With Quote