Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Durham’s probe into Russian investigation now a criminal investigation

US attorney Durham, the man who cleaned up the Whitey Bulger corruption in the Massachusetts DOJ offices when the local us attorney there (one Robert Mueller) wasn’t doing a thing about it), is investigating the origins of the Russian collusion investigation. His investigation is now a criminal probe.

Let me guess, all the liberals here know already somehow ( maybe because Rachael Maddow said so last night) that it's a nothing burger. Because while when democrats investigate republicans, it’s always legitimate. But when republicans investigate democrats, it’s alwys a political hit job without a kernel of truth. Always. Life is exactly that simple.

could get very seedy and ugly and interesting. i don’t have any idea what to believe or who to trust. everyone is pointing fingers at each other.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
PaulS

I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
Old 10-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
beats me, hard to keep track of who is investigating what. all i do know, is that this particular US attorney, isn’t an empty suit political appointee. he kicked butt in the Whitey Bulger corruption case, came in and did what Mueller couldn’t do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
wdmso

Republicans would rather look in crimes they think happened (but there's no information on what crime they are looking )

Yet republicans ignore the crimes they know happened ..

Funny how that works
Old 10-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
OCTOBER 24, 2019 Washington — The Justice Department's internal watchdog said a highly anticipated report on the department's use of secret surveillance warrants during the Russia investigation is "nearing completion" and will likely be released publicly, according to a letter obtained by CBS News.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote to congressional leaders on Thursday with an update on his investigation into alleged abuses of warrants obtained under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Horowitz said he expects the report "will be released publicly with few redactions," but declined to provide a timeline.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
spence

Not sure why you need a separate investigation when the IG is already working on it...oh yes, that's why.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans would rather look in crimes they think happened (but there's no information on what crime they are looking )

Yet republicans ignore the crimes they know happened ..

Funny how that works
they’re looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

but thanks for responding as i knew you would, to the syllable.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
Jim in CT

while this isn’t much of a barometer i guess, rachael maddie was visibly shaken in the air last night, as the story broke that Durham’s investigation is a criminal probe. I guess she feels there’s reason to worry about her pals.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump is obsessed with the 2016 election and is still to this day sending his lieutenants out to try to uncover anything they can to prove he won without Russia help. It’s his white whale and Barr shouldn’t even be micromanaging it, he already testified he felt spying went on, he was compromised from the start of this and probably should have recused himself.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump is obsessed with the 2016 election and is still to this day sending his lieutenants out to try to uncover anything they can to prove he won without Russia help. It’s his white whale and Barr shouldn’t even be micromanaging it, he already testified he felt spying went on, he was compromised from the start of this and probably should have recused himself.
"Spying" did go on. We know this. It's not refutable.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not sure why you need a separate investigation when the IG is already working on it...oh yes, that's why.
None of these investigations, including the impeachment inquiry, would be "needed" if there had been no Trump/Russia conspiracy investigation. These are all the fruit of a rotten seed.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
they’re looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

Bzzzzt not true.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bzzzzt not true.
let’s be very clear, instead of lobbing vagus insults like cowards? . did the DOJ not use the steele dossier to apply for the fisa warrant? was it not paid for by the hilary campaign? did they not keep that fact out of the fisa application?

which is not true?
Old 10-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
let’s be very clear, instead of lobbing vagus insults like cowards? . did the DOJ not use the steele dossier to apply for the fisa warrant? was it not paid for by the hilary campaign? did they not keep that fact out of the fisa application?

which is not true?
That’s not an insult, god you have thin skin.

The dossier was one piece of the FISA warrant, it was noted it was political. Read the damn thing.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:

The dossier was one piece of the FISA warrant, it was noted it was political. Read the damn thing.
Just another snowflake
Old 10-25-2019, 05:28 PM   #16
wdmso

Quote:

Respond how by not feeding into another one of your conspiracy theories
Old 10-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:

I never, ever said the dossier was the only piece.

For the second time, please tell us what I actually said (not the voices you hear) that wasn't true?

If I had said that the only evidence to support the application was the Steele dossier, that would inded be untrue. Fortunately me for me (unfortunately for you), I never said anything close to that.

You doing OK?
Old 10-25-2019, 09:30 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Respond how by not feeding into another one of your conspiracy theories
OK, I'll bite. How do you know it's a paranoid, baseless conspiracy theory? How do you know that there weren't unethical things going on at the Justice Department under Obama? I'm all ears. Please enlilghten me.

US Attorney Durham is considered a pretty serioous guy. I wonder when the libs will say he was a serial rapist in high school?
Old 10-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office. You can’t undue the Mueller probe and the goal is distraction and purely political for his run (if he makes it that far) in 2020. Won’t impact the impeachment process because those are brand new and far more damaging crimes, so it’s just noise.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:23 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office.
this is insanity

looking forward to worms like comey, brennan, clapper, strok, mccabe etc... doing some squirming....looking better for General Flynn all the time
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s all part of Trumps deep state theory and Barr is going along sadly, won’t impact the impeachment so let the insanity (agree with you they are both leaning that way) go on.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office. You can’t undue the Mueller probe and the goal is distraction and purely political for his run (if he makes it that far) in 2020. Won’t impact the impeachment process because those are brand new and far more damaging crimes, so it’s just noise.
Same question to you, how do you know that Trump is inappropriately delegitimizing the work of the FBI and DOJ? How do you know that they weren't actually acting inappropriately? Just because it might help Trump? Is that all it takes for you to conclude that there's no possible good faith basis for the investigation?

Neither Durham nor the IG have released their findings, but somehow you and WDMSO and Spence already know that it's a sham. I could speculate that you don't conclude such things based on facts, but rather solely on political considerations. If there's another conceivable explanation. I'm all ears.

When Trump said his campaign was being spied on, everyone laughed at him and called him crazy (I also thought he was nuts). Turns out, he was 100% correct.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

Neither Durham nor the IG have released their findings, but somehow you and WDMSO and Spence already know that it's a sham.
they got the same marching orders
Old 10-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
OK, I'll bite. How do you know it's a paranoid, baseless conspiracy theory? How do you know that there weren't unethical things going on at the Justice Department under Obama? I'm all ears. Please enlilghten me.

US Attorney Durham is considered a pretty serioous guy. I wonder when the libs will say he was a serial rapist in high school?
What crime are they investigating ? Lets start here it's not in order but why not... then lets move on to the evidence or probable cause as to why they think a crime was committed

BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes because thats what Trump told you . I can see why you think crimes have been committed here ..

JIM if being unethical is a crime .. Whats that make Trump?

Or even better why is this Durham not looking into Biden.. and i guess doing this now before an election is what? Accidental.. or just more of the deepstate bs that drives the base and guys like you crazy .. because its gotta to be real

Last edited by wdmso; 10-26-2019 at 07:34 AM..
Old 10-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #25
Jim in CT

When all is said and done, all the liberals will say the DOJ didn't do anything wrong, and that Trump committed an impeachable offense via the Ukraine. All the conservatives will say the DOJ violated all kinds of civil rights, and that Trump didn't do anything that leading democrats didn't do in the last couple of years.

Who the hell knows what the truth is. But it would be nice if more of us could try to ascertain some facts before we allow politics to dictate what we conclude about everything.

Do you guys know how predictable you are? Look at my first post, where I speculated what your response would be, and then look at your responses. How many of you ever disagree with your party's positions on anything?
Old 10-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they got the same marching orders
Right, they're regurgitating Chris Hayes and Rachael Maddow. No facts.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
What crime are they investigating ? Lets start here it's not in order but why not... then lets move on to the evidence or probable cause as to why they think a crime was committed

BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes because thats what Trump told you . I can see why you think crimes have been committed here ..

JIM if being unethical is a crime .. Whats that make Trump?

Or even better why is this Durham not looking into Biden.. and i guess doing this now before an election is what? Accidental..
"What crime are they investigating ? "

So by your own admission you have no idea what they're investigating, but somehow you already know the investigation is a sham.

Violating the rights of American citizens is a constitutional violation. Applying for FISA warrants to help a political ally is a constitutional violation.

How about you read what the IG and Durham say, before you make up your mind? What does it say that you made up your mind without even knowing what they were investigating?

Is there any evidence that Durham is a political hack, and not a serious prosecutor? Look at what he did in Boston...
Old 10-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:

BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes

Bidens' Billions...

between stays at rehab centers hunter raked in tons of dough from ukraine (where Pro Quid Joe was Obama's point person), china (where Pro Quid Joe was Obama's point person), romania(where Pro Quid Joe was Obama's point person)

brother with no experience landed 1.5 billion dollar contract

"lo and behold, six months after James Biden joined Hill International in 2010, the company won a $1.5 billion contract to build at least 100,000 affordable homes in Iraq. Talk about coincidence.

Or not. According to published reports, the State Department, then run by Hillary Clinton, and the Iraqi government were instrumental in Hill winning the contract. Also at the time, Biden(Pro Quid Joe) was Obama’s point person on Iraq, and like Klain, who is no expert on public health, James Biden was no maven on public housing."
Old 10-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes because thats what Trump told you .
Nope. I said there's evidence, which there is, and that it should be investigated. Even Pete said there's value in investigating that, but you don't call him out.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Same question to you, how do you know that Trump is inappropriately delegitimizing the work of the FBI and DOJ? How do you know that they weren't actually acting inappropriately?
Obviously neither of us work in the intelligence community, but I make my opinion based on the fact Trump lies daily, it's how he operates. The interviews of some highly respected X CIA, FBI and intelligence personnel unequivocally deny any political bias in the operations of those agencies. So do I believe the habitual lier or highly respected people who worked in those departments; easy call for me anyway. The investigation into the investigation, which was already done and signed off on, should never have started and the only reason it did, is because Barr is the new Trump enforcer.