Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A Trumplican worried about the Constitution, as Floridaman repeats Russian conspiracy theories again

Do you recall that time in November 2018 when Nunes warned the white house when he released a memo? Well, He left the next day for Vienna to meet Lev Parnas. Apparently Lev has the goods on several Trumplicans who were involved in digging up dirt.
Quite the cast of clowns you’re supporting
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i asked a direct question, you dodged and insulted me. means i win.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #152
Sea Dangles

Instead he produced more fake news
Old 11-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
A Trumplican worried about the Constitution,
Earlier today, YOU said it's no big deal for the FBI to knowingly falsify surveillance warrants on US citizens (suspending their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms) as long as they aren't indicted. Then, 5 minutes later, you say it's laughable that I'm concerned about the constitution.

Not having a good day Wayne.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #154
Pete F.
Canceled

Who you talking to Jim?
Floridaman ought to worry about his buddies, their starting to turn on him

Colludy Giuliani seems to suggest he has dirt that would prevent TRUMP from turning on him: “I’ve seen things written like ‘he is going to throw me under the bus.’ When they say that, I say ‘he isn’t, but I have insurance.”
Asserts he as a “very good relationship” with Trump.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:24 PM   #155
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who you talking to Jim?
Floridaman ought to worry about his buddies, their starting to turn on him

Colludy Giuliani seems to suggest he has dirt that would prevent TRUMP from turning on him: “I’ve seen things written like ‘he is going to throw me under the bus.’ When they say that, I say ‘he isn’t, but I have insurance.”
Asserts he as a “very good relationship” with Trump.
Giuliani is a sad caricature of what he was, the people who care about him should tell him to stop. I want to remember him for the amazingly competent way he guided NYC through 9/11, not like this.

There, see? I saw someone prominent on my side embarrassing themselves, and I pointed it out. Let's see you try it, I dare you. You can't.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #156
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Giuliani is a sad caricature of what he was, the people who care about him should tell him to stop. I want to remember him for the amazingly competent way he guided NYC through 9/11, not like this.

There, see? I saw someone prominent on my side embarrassing themselves, and I pointed it out. Let's see you try it, I dare you. You can't.
Embarrassing. wow your righteous..

But rudys not acting at Trumps direction.. ok sure he isn't
Old 11-23-2019, 07:11 PM   #157
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Just like you are not acting at PeteF’s direction.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

He probably was, I can't deny that. But there's no proof.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #159
Pete F.
Canceled

Just another story about the great Floridaman associate criming around with Oligarchs, while working gratis for political favors for his clients?

The most corrupt administration ever...........

TheHill.com
Giuliani lobbied DOJ on behalf of wealthy Venezuelan who hosted him during Ukraine meeting: report
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 11/26/19 11:15 AM EST
President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani lobbied the Department of Justice on behalf of a Venezuelan energy executive after he hosted Giuliani in Madrid, according to The Washington Post.

During the trip to Spain — where Giuliani met with Andriy Yermak, an aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, in pursuit of information on former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter — Giuliani met with Alejandro Betancourt Lopez, a previously unidentified client.

Betancourt is an executive with the Venezuelan state-owned oil company, which is the subject of a Justice Department investigation into $1.2 billion in alleged money laundering. He himself has not been charged in the case, but is referred to as an uncharged co-conspirator, according to the Post, citing a person familiar with the matter.

Giuliani first told the Post of the Madrid visit in September, saying he told Yermak, “I was already going to be in Madrid for something else the first weekend in August, so why don’t we just meet there?”

Giuliani has claimed there is no conflict between his work for foreign clients and his representation of the president because he represents Trump pro bono.

“My other clients are paying me for the work I do for them. Nobody is paying me for a single thing I’m doing for Donald J. Trump,” he told the Post earlier this year.

A month after the meeting, Giuliani and several other attorneys for Betancourt met with Brian Benczkowski, head of the Justice Department's Criminal Division, according to the Post, citing people familiar with the meeting.

At the same time, federal prosecutors in Manhattan were investigating two of Giuliani’s associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, and would later indict them on campaign finance charges.

“When Mr. Benczkowski and fraud section lawyers met with Mr. Giuliani, they were not aware of any investigation of Mr. Giuliani’s associates in the Southern District of New York and would not have met with him had they known,” department spokesperson Peter Carr said at the time.

While Giuliani’s representation of Betancourt was not previously disclosed, a former National Security Council official told the House in a closed-door deposition that she had been told Parnas and Fruman had ties to lobbying in Venezuela.

“I was told that by the directors working on the Western Hemisphere. I didn’t have a chance to look into this in any way," she said, according to a transcript. "I was told that the same individuals who had been indicted had been interested at different points in energy investments in Venezuela and that this was quite well-known."

Giuliani texted the Post: “This is attorney client privilege so I will withstand whatever malicious lies or spin you put on it.”

The Hill has reached out to Giuliani for comment.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #160
Sea Dangles

🍔🍔🤡
Old 11-26-2019, 03:19 PM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled

Rudy Giuliani
@RudyGiuliani
·
28m
The Double Standard in media and law enforcement must end if we want to restore faith and confidence in our government for all Americans.

Weird how every time one of you guys gets investigated or indicted, it's a "double standard" in "media and law enforcement". We all know that law enforcement is notoriously liberal!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin