Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Trump is responsible for anti-semitic violence?

Diblasio and others are blaming Trump for an obvious spike in antisemitic violence.

Trump is hands down, the most pro-Israel president of
my lifetime. Ivanka and Jared are Jewish, he moved the embassy to the capital, for god’s sake he just signed a law banning anti semitism at colleges receiving federal funding. But he’s an anti semite.

Getting harder and harder to have a rational conversation with democrats. They refuse to believe he’s not bigoted against jews. They can never be wrong about anything.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
spence

John, can we get a facepalm emoji?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-30-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor snowflake, Floridaman certainly buys into every Jewish stereotype I know and does it in public, out loud.
Don't worry, Ivanka has a good prenup. Floridaman made sure, you know how those............

Don't forget that Israel is not perfect, that's why much of the rest of the world claims Israel has and is committing war crimes.
But Floridaman is fine with those, isn't he?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor snowflake, Floridaman certainly buys into every Jewish stereotype I know and does it in public, out loud.
Don't worry, Ivanka has a good prenup. Floridaman made sure, you know how those............

Don't forget that Israel is not perfect, that's why much of the rest of the world claims Israel has and is committing war crimes.
But Floridaman is fine with those, isn't he?
I never even came close to saying Israel is perfect. What an astounding insight.

committing war crimes? Also making huge concessions in the last 30 years, which hasn’t promoted the arabs from leaving Israel alone.

How about the Palestinians? Have they committed atrocities? Why did you leave that out?

Because liberal =good, conservative=bad. Always.

Do you ever, ever actually think? or always just regurgitate?

In any event, you got any evidence that since becoming president, Trump is inspiring violence against Jews?
Old 12-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
John, can we get a facepalm emoji?
I’ll request one that shows you menstruating everyime something good happens on his watch..

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-30-2019 at 05:27 PM..
Old 12-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

'Blood and Soil" " The Jews Will Not Replace Us " . Very fine people on both sides .
Old 12-30-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
'Blood and Soil" " The Jews Will Not Replace Us " . Very fine people on both sides .
Trump was not referring to Neo-Nazis or White Supremacists when he made that remark. It's one of those many big lies from the left that he was referring to them.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:18 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I never even came close to saying Israel is perfect. What an astounding insight.

committing war crimes? Also making huge concessions in the last 30 years, which hasn’t promoted the arabs from leaving Israel alone.

How about the Palestinians? Have they committed atrocities? Why did you leave that out?
Perhaps you should consider that the Israelis have systematically ghettoized Palenstine.
Dead Israelis 24,969
Wounded Israelis 36,260
Dead Arabs 91,105
Wounded Arabs 78,038

Fifty three years ago, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 242. The resolution is used as a framework for implementing the two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

But since its adoption in 1967, Israel has violated the resolution by entrenching its occupation of the Palestinian territories through illegal settlements.
600,000 - 750,000
Illegal settlers in the occupied Palestinian territories
Settlements
Outposts
42%
Of West Bank land controlled by settlements
86%
Of East Jerusalem for Israeli state and settler use

The majority of settlements have been built either entirely or partially on private Palestinian property.

Floridaman legitimized it.

Because liberal =good, conservative=bad. Always.

Do you ever, ever actually think? or always just regurgitate?

In any event, you got any evidence that since becoming president, Trump is inspiring violence against Jews?
He wasn't a birther either, right?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2019, 09:22 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump was not referring to Neo-Nazis or White Supremacists when he made that remark. It's one of those many big lies from the left that he was referring to them.
I won't make you suffer thru hours

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Pete, you’re actually claiming that the side that inflicts
more deaths in a war, is the bad guy? Are you insane?

If the Palestinians agreed to put down their weapons, Israel would too. If the Israelis put down their weapons, the Arabs would kill every man, woman, and child in Israel.

Israel isnt perfect. But they aren’t the instigator, either.

Judging the morality of each side in a conflict, by the number of fatalities inflicted
upon the enemy. that’s some
sound logic there, boy.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:35 AM   #11
spence

Pete, Jim sees your insanity and raises with naivety.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:46 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, you’re actually claiming that the side that inflicts
more deaths in a war, is the bad guy? Are you insane?

If the Palestinians agreed to put down their weapons, Israel would too. If the Israelis put down their weapons, the Arabs would kill every man, woman, and child in Israel.

Israel isnt perfect. But they aren’t the instigator, either.

Judging the morality of each side in a conflict, by the number of fatalities inflicted
upon the enemy. that’s some
sound logic there, boy.
But they are the instigator.

Fifty three years ago, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 242. The resolution is used as a framework for implementing the two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

But since its adoption in 1967, Israel has violated the resolution by entrenching its occupation of the Palestinian territories through illegal settlements.
600,000 - 750,000
Illegal settlers in the occupied Palestinian territories
Settlements
Outposts
42%
Of West Bank land controlled by settlements
86%
Of East Jerusalem for Israeli state and settler use

The majority of settlements have been built either entirely or partially on private Palestinian property.

Floridaman legitimized it.

If you were a Palestinian, would you fight or concede?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2019, 10:39 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
I won't make you suffer thru hours
This is typical of your lying exaggerations. I have posted one or two long videos, but they were not hours long. Many are in the 10 to 20 minutes or so in length.

And your teeny little video here is composed of selected, edited, clips which try to mislead what Trump is saying in context. And none promote white nationalism, white supremacy, or Neo-Nazis.

You are not an honest person.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This is typical of your lying exaggerations. I have posted one or two long videos, but they were not hours long. Many are in the 10 to 20 minutes or so in length.

And your teeny little video here is composed of selected, edited, clips which try to mislead what Trump is saying in context. And none promote white nationalism, white supremacy, or Neo-Nazis.

You are not an honest person.
Floridaman is not honest.

He is a conman.

He is very good at not saying.

He is Putin's Puppet, what orders did he get yesterday?

Was it thanks for pulling out of Africa and leaving it to Russia and China?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Floridaman is not honest.

He is a conman.

He is very good at not saying.

He is Putin's Puppet, what orders did he get yesterday?

Was it thanks for pulling out of Africa and leaving it to Russia and China?
You are a lot like the dishonest person you portray Trump to be.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:48 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Read this to yourself in thr voice of Emporer Palpatine, then try and unhear it...just try.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:56 AM   #17
wdmso

TRUMP'S isn't the most pro Israel POTUS . he is just into headlines and instigation, he could careless who the Israel's delegitimize. He sees them as a dog on the end of his leash .. and these pro Israel moves and we'll look the other way policymaking , are advance payment to insure the dog dosen't bite its handler .. it's has always been proxy war but before Trump. the US attempted to be as objective as possible, with every crisis . That choice is gone Via Trumps Transactional approach and I am king way of thinking. Trumps actions are for Trump, not Israel
Old 12-31-2019, 11:00 AM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Read this to yourself in thr voice of Emporer Palpatine, then try and unhear it...just try.
I try not to go off into conjectures and fantasies, unless I'm trying to entertain . . . or mislead.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
TRUMP'S isn't the most pro Israel POTUS . he is just into headlines and instigation, he could careless who the Israel's delegitimize. He sees them as a dog on the end of his leash .. and these pro Israel moves and we'll look the other way policymaking , are advance payment to insure the dog dosen't bite its handler .. it's has always been proxy war but before Trump. the US attempted to be as objective as possible, with every crisis . That choice is gone Via Trumps Transactional approach and I am king way of thinking. Trumps actions are for Trump, not Israel
what president us done
more for israel in your lifetime?

his actions are for him, eh? What did he get out of it, when he moved the US embassy? what did he get out of it, by banning anti semitism at colleges that receive federal funding? Please explain...
Old 12-31-2019, 11:12 AM   #20
Jim in CT

getting back to the original topic, is there any sane person who can defend
liberals who are blaming trump for the spike
in anti semitism? How would one arrive at that conclusion?
Old 12-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #21
spence

Quote:
What did he get out of it, when he moved the US embassy? what did he get out of it, by banning anti semitism at colleges that receive federal funding? Please explain...
He’s pandering to evangelicals Jim, without them he can’t win.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:23 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Donald Trump has a knack for taking some of humanity’s most problematic ideas and turning them on their head to make them even worse. He has done it again. On Wednesday, he signed an executive order that will allow federal funds to be withheld from colleges where students are not protected from anti-Semitism—using an absurdly defined version of what constitutes anti-Semitism. Recent precedent and the history of legislative efforts that preceded the executive order would suggest that its main targets are campus groups critical of Israeli policies. What the order itself did not make explicit, the President’s son-in-law did: on Wednesday, Jared Kushner published an Op-Ed in the Times in which he stressed that the definition of anti-Semitism used in the executive order “makes clear what our administration has stated publicly on the record: Anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism.”

Both Kushner and the executive order refer to the definition of anti-Semitism that was formulated, in 2016, by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance; it has since been adopted by the State Department. The definition supplies examples of anti-Semitism, and Kushner cited the most problematic of these as the most important: “the targeting of the state of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity”; denial to “the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g. by claiming that the existence of a state of Israel is a racist endeavor”; and comparing “contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.” All three examples perform the same sleight of hand: they reframe opposition to or criticism of Israeli policies as opposition to the state of Israel. And that, says Kushner, is anti-Semitism.

To be sure, some people who are critical of Israeli policies are opposed to the existence of the state of Israel itself. And some of those people are also anti-Semites. I am intimately familiar with this brand of anti-Semitism, because I grew up in the Soviet Union, where anti-Zionist rhetoric served as the propaganda backbone of state anti-Semitism. The word “Zionist,” when deployed by Pravda, served as incitement to violence and discrimination against Soviet Jews. All of this can be true at the same time that it is also true that Israel has effectively created an apartheid state, in which some Palestinians have some political rights and the rest have none. Human-rights organizations such as Breaking the Silence and B’Tselem—Israeli groups, founded and run by Jews—continue to document harrowing abuse of Palestinians in Israel, the occupied West Bank, and Gaza.

In August, I went on a tour designed by Breaking the Silence that aims to show Israelis and foreigners what the occupation looks like. This particular tour ended in a Palestinian village which has been largely overtaken by an Israeli settlement that is illegal under international law. One of the Palestinian houses ended up on territory claimed by the settlers, so the settlers built a chain-link cage around the house, the yard, and the driveway. A young Palestinian child, who is growing up in a house inside a cage, waved to us through the fencing. Comparing this sort of approach to Nazi policies may not make for the most useful argument, but it is certainly not outlandish. The memory of the Holocaust stands as a warning to humanity about the dangers of dehumanizing the other—and invoking that warning in Palestine is warranted.

One does not have to be an anti-Semite to be an anti-Zionist, but one certainly can be both an anti-Semite and an anti-Zionist. Trump, however, has inverted this formula by positioning himself as a pro-Zionist anti-Semite. He has proclaimed his support often for the state of Israel. His Administration’s policies, which have included moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem and, more recently, declaring that the U.S. does not view Israeli settlements in the West Bank as illegal, have pleased the state of Israel, especially its most militantly expansionist citizens. Over the weekend, however, at the Israeli American Council National Summit, in Florida, Trump gave a speech that brimmed with Jewish stereotypes: Jews and greed, Jews and money, Jews as ruthless wheeler-dealers. “A lot of you are in the real estate business because I know you very well,” he said. "You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all.” It was the kind of stuff that requires no definitions, op-eds, or explanations—it was plain, easily recognizable anti-Semitism. And it was not the first time that Trump trafficked in anti-Semitic stereotypes. The world view behind these stereotypes, combined with support for Israel, is also recognizable. To Trump, Jews—including American Jews, some of whom vote for him—are alien beings whom he associates with the state of Israel. He finds these alien beings at once distasteful and worthy of a sort of admiration, perhaps because he ascribes to them many of the features that he also recognizes in himself.

It should come as no surprise that anti-Semitic incidents in the U.S. increased by sixty per cent during the first year of Trump’s Presidency, according to the Anti-Defamation League. The current year is on track to set a record for the number of anti-Semitic attacks. The latest appears to have occurred on Tuesday, when shooters reportedly connected to a fringe group targeted a kosher supermarket in Jersey City, killing four people.

The new executive order will not protect anyone against anti-Semitism, and it’s not intended to. Its sole aim is to quash the defense—and even the discussion—of Palestinian rights. Its victim will be free speech.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
He’s pandering to evangelicals Jim, without them he can’t win.
so everything he does, he only does because he’s pandering to someone. But all the good that Obama did, was just out of a desire to help people.

what do you think of DiBlasio and Talib ( no irony there!) saying Trump is responsible for anti semitism.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:27 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Pete posts another 10,000 word essay, the point of which is that when Trump says colleges must protect students from bigotry, that’s bad.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete posts another 10,000 word essay, the point of which is that when Trump says colleges must protect students from bigotry, that’s bad.
Reading and counting are not your strong skills.

Trump, however, has inverted this formula by positioning himself as a pro-Zionist anti-Semite. He has proclaimed his support often for the state of Israel. His Administration’s policies, which have included moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem and, more recently, declaring that the U.S. does not view Israeli settlements in the West Bank as illegal, have pleased the state of Israel, especially its most militantly expansionist citizens. Over the weekend, however, at the Israeli American Council National Summit, in Florida, Trump gave a speech that brimmed with Jewish stereotypes: Jews and greed, Jews and money, Jews as ruthless wheeler-dealers. “A lot of you are in the real estate business because I know you very well,” he said. "You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all.” It was the kind of stuff that requires no definitions, op-eds, or explanations—it was plain, easily recognizable anti-Semitism. And it was not the first time that Trump trafficked in anti-Semitic stereotypes. The world view behind these stereotypes, combined with support for Israel, is also recognizable. To Trump, Jews—including American Jews, some of whom vote for him—are alien beings whom he associates with the state of Israel. He finds these alien beings at once distasteful and worthy of a sort of admiration, perhaps because he ascribes to them many of the features that he also recognizes in himself.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
what president us done
more for israel in your lifetime?

his actions are for him, eh? What did he get out of it, when he moved the US embassy? what did he get out of it, by banning anti semitism at colleges that receive federal funding? Please explain...
Moving the embassy did nothing but take a side , a PR stunt a side that was always understood . He got his look at me moment

As for anti semitism at colleges please you'll hang your hat on that but white supremacists you consider over played. ??? Its all lip service from Trump and beyond obovious, like his staged 1st phase trade deal
Old 12-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Moving the embassy did nothing but take a side , a PR stunt a side that was always understood . He got his look at me moment

As for anti semitism at colleges please you'll hang your hat on that but white supremacists you consider over played. ??? Its all lip service from Trump and beyond obovious, like his staged 1st phase trade deal
moving the embassy was taking a side. Israel’s side. You can’t admit he’s a friend to Israel. Everyone in Israel knows it, but you can’t accept it. because it doesn’t serve your politics.

anti semitic violence and white supremacy are equally evil. White supremacy is repudiated by everyone who matters. Many liberals are embracing anti semitism. Ask those who defend the bigot and skank Talib. Anti semitism is also growing on college campuses, requiring trump
to sign the bill.

many, many blacks will
say that white supremacy isnt on their radar screen.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
moving the embassy was taking a side. Israel’s side. You can’t admit he’s a friend to Israel. Everyone in Israel knows it, but you can’t accept it. because it doesn’t serve your politics.

anti semitic violence and white supremacy are equally evil. White supremacy is repudiated by everyone who matters. Many liberals are embracing anti semitism. Ask those who defend the bigot and skank Talib. Anti semitism is also growing on college campuses, requiring trump
to sign the bill.

many, many blacks will
say that white supremacy isnt on their radar screen.

Typical response. Any criticisms of Israel is embracing anti semitism. Any criticisms of trump is because of hate.

And white supremacy is a black only issues ,, you really need stop seeing the world thru a straw
Old 01-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has requested immunity from prosecution in three corruption cases in which he faces indictment on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Typical response. Any criticisms of Israel is embracing anti semitism.
I said very very specifically, that Israel isn’t perfect. I never, ever said all criticism of Israel is anti semitism. You’re literally making stuff up out of this air, stuff that is completely at odds with my posts. You feeling OK?

i’ve also criticizes trump a lot, so i don’t think all criticism of him
is hate mongering.

Stop playing the victim card, especially when you do it so poorly.