Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Granny

So why did she deny being part Indian in the past when the topic 1st came up ?

What a lying sack of #^&#^&#^&#^& !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 09-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
So why did she deny being part Indian in the past when the topic 1st came up ?
When did she do this?

It's quite possible that she has Native American ancestry, hell, I'm a member of the Cherokee tribe with full voting rights.

I guess the difference is I have the papers to prove it

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
sokinwet

The only person I know with "papers" on their ancestry is my bird dog.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
When did she do this?

It's quite possible that she has Native American ancestry, hell, I'm a member of the Cherokee tribe with full voting rights.

I guess the difference is I have the papers to prove it

-spence
did U have the papers verified through the pros at pawnstars....could be worth millions.....
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

So that video proves she is a big fat liar. She also is hiding her personnel records from Harvard and Penn. Warren was listed as a minority law professor in the desk book of association of American law schools from 1986 to 1995. She is a liar and she took a job from someone based on this status.

Truth be told she could not be given citizenship into the Cherokee nation based on the level of her heritage why would she be allowed to use the status for career advancement.

Seems like an individual of questionable character to me
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet View Post
Even Obama doesn't have papers according to some....

ooops that's a different thread!

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Even Obama doesn't have papers according to some....

ooops that's a different thread!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokinwet View Post
That's weird that you call your dog a person. I would just call it a dog.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 09-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
So that video proves she is a big fat liar. She also is hiding her personnel records from Harvard and Penn. Warren was listed as a minority law professor in the desk book of association of American law schools from 1986 to 1995. She is a liar and she took a job from someone based on this status.

Truth be told she could not be given citizenship into the Cherokee nation based on the level of her heritage why would she be allowed to use the status for career advancement.

Seems like an individual of questionable character to me
The woman had a solid resume and has been recognized for her significant research. By any measure she was a very qualified candidate for the positions she's being accused of using status to gain.

The Cherokee Nation has no minimum "level of heritage" for tribal membership. The key factor is to have documentation proving lineage back to an ancestor on the Dawes Roll.

If Warren has *ANY* Cherokee blood she could apply for citizenship assuming she has evidence.

That being said. she probably wouldn't qualify for Native American status to gain preferential treatment for financial aid or special programs. Washington Post fact checked the Brown claims that she "checked the box" and couldn't find any evidence this actually occurred.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
did U have the papers verified through the pros at pawnstars....could be worth millions.....
No, but the application process can be a pain. Ironically, like with President Obama they ask for the "long form" birth certificate which states don't usually release.

For my son's citizenship applications I had to have the state add my "race" to the regular birth certificate which is required by Cherokee records. At least because of my status I don't have to show full lineage, just prove they are my kids.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Washington Post fact checked the Brown claims that she "checked the box" and couldn't find any evidence this actually occurred.

-spence
Better call the washington post spence! You can have a late breaking, err, I mean old news, scoop for them!

After weeks of controversy, Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren said on Wednesday night that she did indeed tell the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University that she was Native American.But she stipulated that the notification occurred only after she was hired by the two schools. The statement marks the first time Warren has explicitly stated that she self-identified as Native American to the law schools where she has been employed.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Better call the washington post spence! You can have a late breaking, err, I mean old news, scoop for them!

After weeks of controversy, Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren said on Wednesday night that she did indeed tell the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University that she was Native American.But she stipulated that the notification occurred only after she was hired by the two schools. The statement marks the first time Warren has explicitly stated that she self-identified as Native American to the law schools where she has been employed.
This doesn't contradict the statement I made above.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:

-spence
Agreed but she has not allowed the personnel files from Harvard and Penn to be released. So how could they gain evidentiary support of this. The fact of the matter is she was listed with minority status in the AALS.

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:

-spence
it absolutley does, she admitted to "checking the box"

Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
Agreed but she has not allowed the personnel files from Harvard and Penn to be released. So how could they gain evidentiary support of this. The fact of the matter is she was listed with minority status in the AALS.
the fact of the matter is she told the schools she was, she admitted she did this.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
it absolutley does, she admitted to "checking the box"
The video at the top of this thread has her clearly stating that the people who hired her had no idea of her status.

Quote:
Yes, AFTER she was hired.

I know the concept of time is a bit burdensome what with the two or three other facts to deal with.

-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
The video at the top of this thread has her clearly stating that the people who hired her had no idea of her status.

Yes, AFTER she was hired.

I know the concept of time is a bit burdensome what with the two or three other facts to deal with.

-spence
irrelevant, you said there was no evidence she checked the box. What box are we talking about? She admitted she told them. I never said a word that she said she told them before she was hired? Neither did Brown.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
irrelevant, you said there was no evidence she checked the box. What box are we talking about? She admitted she told them. I never said a word that she said she told them before she was hired? Neither did Brown.
Yes, there's apparently no evidence she did checked the box to apply for a position. That doesn't mean she didn't tell them afterword.

As for your "Neither did Brown" remark...look to the debate:

Quote:
“That being said, she checked the box. And she had an opportunity actually to make a decision throughout her career when she applied at Penn and Harvard, she checked the box, claiming she was a native American, and, you know, clearly she’s not.”
-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
buckman

I want to hear more about her "significant research". I did some "significant research" of my own and I'm not impressed. Empty suit comes to mind.

She has stated that she has never practiced law in Ma too after being cornered into saying she has not passed the Ma. bar. Wait for it....
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I want to hear more about her "significant research". I did some "significant research" of my own and I'm not impressed. Empty suit comes to mind.

She has stated that she has never practiced law in Ma too after being cornered into saying she has not passed the Ma. bar. Wait for it....
According to the Washington Post:

Quote:
Regardless of whether Warren’s self-proclaimed Native American background helped her win coveted jobs with UPenn and Harvard, she had some notable accomplishments going for her. For example, she did groundbreaking research while teaching at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law on how the nation’s bankruptcy code was affecting average families.

Warren and two colleagues studied court records to determine who was filing for bankruptcy and why. They found that single catastrophic events -- such as medical problems or unemployment -- rather than dereliction often caused working-class families to renege on debt.

This work put Warren at the cutting edge of a new school of legal thought that emphasized real impacts on people’s lives rather than mere theory. It also led to her first book, “As We Forgive Our Debtors,” which won the American Bar Association’s Silver Gavel Award after it was published in 1989.

Warren went on to write bankruptcy- related articles for The Yale Law Journal in 1992, and Michigan Law Review in 1993. She didn’t write another book until 2000, five years after she started working at Harvard and 11 years after her first book.

Source: Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn? - The Washington Post
-spence
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
buckman

Quote:
According to the Washington Post:

-spence
I was wrong.....amazing and clearly qualified... Yawn.....
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
Fly Rod

warren took away from a prilverage american indian the one spot that was opened for a native american...also she is a product of jane lubchenco of Noaa.. she is aganist fishing
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
sburnsey931

So she was recruited by Harvard who was being protested for their minority hiring practices and she was listed as a minority lawyer in the register.... but they hired her and then she told them by the way ....I'm a minority.
Maybe it's me....but it sure sounds like BS to me
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #24
scottw

why is this not surprising?...she's always been a complete fraud and if she were at all honest, she (and others) wouldn't have so much difficulty defending herself

"it reminds us of a substantive policy issue where Warren also failed to back up her claims with sufficient proof."

Elizabeth Warren Has Used Shoddy Evidence Before - By Alex Brill & Aparna Mathur - The Corner - National Review Online

Professor Shuchman concluded his book review with this powerful allegation:

This book (by Elizabeth Warren and her co-authors) contains so much exaggeration, so many questionable ploys, and so many incorrect statements that it would be well to check the accuracy of their raw data, as old as it is. But the authors arranged matters so that they could not provide access to the computer printouts by case, with the corresponding bankruptcy court file numbers, this preventing any independent check of the raw data in the files from which they took their information.

The Academic Scandal Elizabeth Warren and Harvard Don't Want You to Know About
Old 10-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
sokinwet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
That's weird that you call your dog a person. I would just call it a dog.
Obviously not a bird hunter.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
basswipe

Quote:
The Cherokee Nation has no minimum "level of heritage" for tribal membership.

-spence
The US Government does(tax purposes).How ironic.