Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #25
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail View Post
No there should be no commercial selling.

Dave, I have voted for your plugs as best in show the last four years. I stand by my vote. To ask if it swims is not a slight on you. I have a number of your plugs that I use (striper sniper is still my fav). I am a traditional guy, if it doesn't have a lip of some kind, a beveled head or some visible means of it swimming I had to ask how.

I am awed how you came up with your entries and the work into it and sincerely mean that.

To me the most beautiful plugs are simple fish catchers in form and function like your Atom.

Some entries don't need a judges panel but some do and the classic division surely does.
Understood. I'm not asking for a pass either, I'm just saying that instead of posing an open question to the world, why didn't you just PM me and ask if my plug swam? I felt like it was hidden stab, trying to point out that all I do is sculpt a fish and stick a hook on it. My favorite thing about building plugs is decoding what it takes to make it look alive and I love the simple plugs too, that's really all I make (except for my plugfest entries). I'm not trying to come across like I'm all pissed off, I'm not, I just wanted to know what you meant and we're all cleared up now.

Tagger, thanks for the kind words, I understand the problem for the vintage restoration, but why wouldn't a photo work? If someone has something to compare to, they should be able to make an accurate judgement right? Either way is fine with me. Just seeking to keep it simple that's all.

As for commercial. No way Jose, I don;t think that's a good idea at all... simple and fun are the words I always want to think of when I think of Plugfest. I see battles in that crystal ball.

-dave

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote