Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #91
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The ignore button is a very effective way of erasing me.
And miss the fun of winding you up, no way, it's almost as fun as watching first time boat owners launch at the town ramp on a busy Saturday.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Nah, you’re sort of like an accident on a divided highway, everybody going the other way needs to slow down and look.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2020, 02:12 PM   #93
RickBomba

Quote:
This here’s my website, homie.

Go back to blowing up night crawlers for fun.

The fish you chase are bait to us.

Some folks just don’t belong.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 10-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #94
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
This here’s my website, homie.

Some folks just don’t belong.
I think of you and your brother as the cuttyhunk golf cart repair service
Old 10-18-2020, 04:34 PM   #95
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think of you and your brother as the cuttyhunk golf cart repair service
Mike never did that...it was me, my friend Mark, and George Periera

Old 10-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #96
detbuch

Looks like I got under some Trump hating skin

This is how lefty Dems respond when they got nothin' else--mock, suppress, dismiss, destroy--if you don't have the ability to hold a rational discussion, just attack, just say stuff--the cruder and more insulting, the better:

"That was just a straight-up diss to all the guys who acted like #^&#^&#^&#^&s in high school, and now think they can get back on the #^&#^&#^&#^&-wagon with Caveman Politics."

"I can’t imagine how slow your life is to expend this amount of time attempting to prove to Biden supporters they are electing the wrong guy. You have zero chance of moving that needle, I think you need a hobby, hey quick thought everyone else is writing a book about Trump being a monster you could defend him on a national stage."

"The great pontificator loves to hear himself speak in print, frankly I find it sad that a retired crappie fisherman is so obsessed with defending Trump and his political views on an obscure striped bass fishing board a thousand miles away."

"It’s his job, full time troll."

"I just love poking fun at him it’s amusing to watch him ramble on thinking we (well I’m not anyway) reading any of his bullcrap."

"Tell him what he has won Vanna!"

"Ooh, I know...it’s a My Little Pony crappie rod."

"Aren’t there panfish sites you should be “trolling” instead of this one.
Some people just don’t belong..."

"And miss the fun of winding you up, no way, it's almost as fun as watching first time boat owners launch at the town ramp on a busy Saturday."

"Nah, you’re sort of like an accident on a divided highway, everybody going the other way needs to slow down and look."

"This here’s my website, homie.
Some folks just don’t belong."
Old 10-18-2020, 06:16 PM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Looks like I got under some Trump hating skin

This is how lefty Dems respond when they got nothin' else--mock, suppress, dismiss, destroy--if you don't have the ability to hold a rational discussion, just attack, just say stuff--the cruder and more insulting, the better:

"That was just a straight-up diss to all the guys who acted like #^&#^&#^&#^&s in high school, and now think they can get back on the #^&#^&#^&#^&-wagon with Caveman Politics."

"I can’t imagine how slow your life is to expend this amount of time attempting to prove to Biden supporters they are electing the wrong guy. You have zero chance of moving that needle, I think you need a hobby, hey quick thought everyone else is writing a book about Trump being a monster you could defend him on a national stage."

"The great pontificator loves to hear himself speak in print, frankly I find it sad that a retired crappie fisherman is so obsessed with defending Trump and his political views on an obscure striped bass fishing board a thousand miles away."

"It’s his job, full time troll."

"I just love poking fun at him it’s amusing to watch him ramble on thinking we (well I’m not anyway) reading any of his bullcrap."

"Tell him what he has won Vanna!"

"Ooh, I know...it’s a My Little Pony crappie rod."

"Aren’t there panfish sites you should be “trolling” instead of this one.
Some people just don’t belong..."

"And miss the fun of winding you up, no way, it's almost as fun as watching first time boat owners launch at the town ramp on a busy Saturday."

"Nah, you’re sort of like an accident on a divided highway, everybody going the other way needs to slow down and look."

"This here’s my website, homie.
Some folks just don’t belong."
This is a fishing site and you took the bait hook, line and sinker, too funny.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:32 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Since, as you repeatedly have said, you read my stuff, I don't know what you're referring to.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:35 PM   #99
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Since, as you repeatedly have said, you read my stuff, I don't know what you're referring to.
No actually I’ve said repeatedly I don’t read your stuff.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s tempting to use the analogy of rats fleeing a sinking ship to describe the growing number of Republican elected officials starting to speak out against Donald Trump. But that's really not fair to rats, who tend not to be complicit in driving ships to the bottom of the sea.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #101
detbuch

Quote:
No actually I’ve said repeatedly I don’t read your stuff.
Thanks for correcting me. That's what I meant to say. Which is why I didn't know what you were referring to in the previous response to me since you don't read my stuff, yet responded to it, as you are doing here, even though you don't read my stuff.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-18-2020 at 07:47 PM..
Old 10-18-2020, 07:46 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It’s tempting to use the analogy of rats fleeing a sinking ship to describe the growing number of Republican elected officials starting to speak out against Donald Trump. But that's really not fair to rats, who tend not to be complicit in driving ships to the bottom of the sea.
Well, if it's not fair to rats to use the analogy, it implies that the fleeing Repubs are complicit.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Well, if it's not fair to rats to use the analogy, it implies that the fleeing Repubs are complicit.
Not only are rats not complicit in driving ships to the bottom of the sea, "Rats avoid actions that will hurt others – even if it earns them a treat". Now if we could teach the Republican party that trick we would really be making some progress.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2020, 08:40 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
Not only are rats not complicit in driving ships to the bottom of the sea, "Rats avoid actions that will hurt others – even if it earns them a treat". Now if we could teach the Republican party that trick we would really be making some progress.
Ah, so now the Republican party IS complicit, and Republicans fleeing a ship (that isn't a ship but is supposedly sinking to the bottom of the sea because of polls and commentators who said it was sunk already before the 2016 election) would make us all some progress if they quit acting like humans instead of rats. Rats, BTW, avoid actions that hurt other rats. They do things that hurt most other beings, including humans. And Democrats have learned that trick and practice it well.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ah, so now the Republican party IS complicit, and Republicans fleeing a ship (that isn't a ship but is supposedly sinking to the bottom of the sea because of polls and commentators who said it was sunk already before the 2016 election) would make us all some progress if they quit acting like humans instead of rats. Rats, BTW, avoid actions that hurt other rats. They do things that hurt most other beings, including humans. And Democrats have learned that trick and practice it well.
Trump is losing. Democracy is winning.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2020, 09:06 PM   #106
detbuch

Quote:
Trump is losing.

That's a tickler. He's been losing ever since the summer of 2016.

Democracy is winning.
It, and the Republic, and the Constitution, will win if the Progressives lose.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:04 AM   #107
RickBomba

Quote:
Butchie is a back winder.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

“Because they hate liberals so much, most Republican politicians and many conservative commentators are ready to keep our government in the hands of an irrational, unstable extremist. The truest conservatives are thus those who oppose Trump. They see that the far right is radical, not conservative, and that even small-government conservatism depends on taking the government we have seriously.“

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-19-2020, 07:04 AM   #109
scottw

Quote:
these dummies would make GREAT antifa members....we should get them spray paint and Molotov cocktails for Christmas
Old 10-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #110
Pete F.
Canceled

Just keep believing, meanwhile the closing message from Trumplicans: We behaved in corrupt, unethical and un-American ways in public for the past 4 years, but actually secretly and in private we were good.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:25 AM   #111
scottw

we can change the name of the political forum for you guys...would you prefer Chaz or Chop?
Old 10-19-2020, 09:34 AM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Just keep believing, meanwhile the closing message from Trumplicans: We behaved in corrupt, unethical and un-American ways in public for the past 4 years, but actually secretly and in private we were good.
You didn't put quotes on the Trumplicans message. Did you make it up?
Old 10-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump is a bad president and a worse person. He routinely says unamerican things that strike at the heart of our Republic. It's obviously fair to ask Republican members of Congress where they've been on these issues for the last four years.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #114
detbuch

Quote:
Trump is a bad president and a worse person. He routinely says unamerican things that strike at the heart of our Republic. It's obviously fair to ask Republican members of Congress where they've been on these issues for the last four years.
Again, no quotes, no links, no corroboration, no proof, did you make it up?
Old 10-19-2020, 12:22 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump encourages domestic rebellion, domestic violence and insurrections of state governments.

This is what autocrats would do, not a president that represents all Americans.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
Trump encourages domestic rebellion, domestic violence and insurrections of state governments.

This is what autocrats would do, not a president that represents all Americans.
He does none of those things. He is accused. But it's the same kind of BS like the he said Nazis are fine people. And the age old technique, as you so thoroughly demonstrate, is just to keep repeating the lie.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Ya he does

A new low point came on Saturday, when Mr. Trump held a rally in Muskegon, Mich., where he demanded that Gov. Gretchen Whitmer reopen the state and then said “lock them all up” after his supporters chanted “lock her up!”

It was a stunningly reckless comment from a president whose own F.B.I. this month arrested 14 men who it said had been plotting to kidnap Ms. Whitmer, a Democrat, and were captured on video with an array of weapons allegedly planning the crime. Mr. Trump has assailed Ms. Whitmer for months, disregarding her solid approval ratings with independent voters and women, two groups he is purportedly trying to court.

Michigan Republicans, already struggling to avoid an electoral debacle in a state that has been returning to its Democratic roots in elections since Mr. Trump’s narrow victory in 2016, were again forced to answer for the president’s penchant for targeting high-profile women there.

“She was literally just targeted,” Lee Chatfield, the speaker of the Michigan House and a leading state Republican, said of Ms. Whitmer. “Let’s debate differences. Let’s win elections. But not that.”
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #118
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
we can change the name of the political forum for you guys...would you prefer Chaz or Chop?
I think Pete needs to fly out west and have dinner with DeBarr, assuming they don’t kill each other before the main course.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:08 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
Ya he does

A new low point came on Saturday, when Mr. Trump held a rally in Muskegon, Mich., where he demanded that Gov. Gretchen Whitmer reopen the state and then said “lock them all up” after his supporters chanted “lock her up!”

It was a stunningly reckless comment from a president whose own F.B.I. this month arrested 14 men who it said had been plotting to kidnap Ms. Whitmer, a Democrat, and were captured on video with an array of weapons allegedly planning the crime. Mr. Trump has assailed Ms. Whitmer for months, disregarding her solid approval ratings with independent voters and women, two groups he is purportedly trying to court.

Michigan Republicans, already struggling to avoid an electoral debacle in a state that has been returning to its Democratic roots in elections since Mr. Trump’s narrow victory in 2016, were again forced to answer for the president’s penchant for targeting high-profile women there.

“She was literally just targeted,” Lee Chatfield, the speaker of the Michigan House and a leading state Republican, said of Ms. Whitmer. “Let’s debate differences. Let’s win elections. But not that.”
Yeah well it's propaganda to say that Trump encouraged any of that. A lot of people in Michigan are dissatisfied with Whitmer's oppressive lock down. And the group that planned the kidnapping is a mixed bag. From a Detroit News article: while two of the alleged plotters posted pro-Trump social media messages, one member of their group thinks the president is "a tyrant," according to a viral video.

Most of these militia groups are some form of "anti-government" types. They've been a threat before Trump and will be after him. As will be ANTIFA and BLM and the Communist Party USA.

These "radical" groups are ideologically driven. They don't depend on so-called "dog whistles" or political rhetoric in order to act. They're not waiting for signals from politicians to do their violence. For political purposes, operatives make that fake connection. It's called politics, and, in the long run, it requires far more diligence and knowledge by the average voting public who may be just as prone to be duped as are the radicals, and that is more dangerous to the democratic process.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:10 PM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Well Debarr did say “The first duty of government is to protect the safety of its citizens”
Just not from viruses