Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Beer & Beverage

Beer & Beverage Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
flyvice11787

Seasonal Stuff

So what is everybody drinking? It's officially spring, and with it, everybody's spring offerings. This week I had the Southampton Uber Bock (not quite the 7% ABV for them to call it a doppelbock) and the Dogfish Head Aprihop. Both were quite good . The Aprihop reminds me of the Nugget Nectar ( you reading this, John ).
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
The one season (or two since I don't like the Summer's either) I hate for seasonal brews! Just bought a case of the standby: Sam Lager.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
JohnnySaxatilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
The one season (or two since I don't like the Summer's either) I hate for seasonal brews! Just bought a case of the standby: Sam Lager.
no sam nobil pills?

something clever and related to fishing
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Jenn

Speaking of Seasonals.....I usually try to buy a few "extras" of the ones I like when in season. Unfortunately.......I didnt realize Narragansett Porter was seasonal and I am out .....

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
rphud
GrandBob

Anything "seasonal" from Founders is usually quite awesome. Double Trouble is up right now, but not for long, and it is fantastic. Curmudgeon is up next. I found Harpoon Leviathon is Quad just the other day and it is very worthwhile.

I like Nobil Pils, but I would prefer they make that through the summer. New England spring is a bit chilly for pils to me.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
jon2465

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvice11787 View Post
So what is everybody drinking? It's officially spring, and with it, everybody's spring offerings. This week I had the Southampton Uber Bock (not quite the 7% ABV for them to call it a doppelbock) and the Dogfish Head Aprihop. Both were quite good . The Aprihop reminds me of the Nugget Nectar ( you reading this, John ).
Harry(hello) im reading it....to me apihop is way overpriced just like most of DFH.... good beer but not quite worth the $$$ we pay for it.. gimme a founders,goose,to name a few or plenty of others...to me itchaca flower power( especially fresh) is much better and made in NY
I maybe in the minority but besides 60,90,120,WWS the rest of DFH just does'nt live up to the hype

edit squall is pretty dam good too
jon2465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
jon2465

oh by the way had SH grand crue.....incredible
jon2465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
flyvice11787

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon2465 View Post
oh by the way had SH grand crue.....incredible
Most of their stuff is pretty good . It tastes even better when I pay less than most people .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis View Post
no sam nobil pills?
I really like the Noble Pils. I'm gonna stock up a bit since I'm guessing it's gonna be phased out soon. The Sam Summer (and a lot of other summer brews) are starting to show up at the bars and stores now.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
JoeBass

Long Trail Pollenator is a dynamite spring ale. Wolavers has an interesting spring offer, wildflower wheat. It's a little bit too honey flavored to drink more than one, they use Vermont honey, but one is nice.
JoeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Shipyard makes a nice summer ale.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Saltheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Speaking of Seasonals.....I usually try to buy a few "extras" of the ones I like when in season. Unfortunately.......I didnt realize Narragansett Porter was seasonal and I am out .....
Their porter and also their bock were both very good. I want to try their "Fest" which is an October Fest style. Very hard to beat the Bang for the Buck that Gansetts new Seasonals offer! Only complaint I have is that I have not seen any by the case at case pricess. Just seen 6 packs at the 6 pack prices

I hope they do a Winter Ale next season.

Sam Adams makes a nice Winter Ale.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote