Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

This is GREAT

I read about this tape some time ago and they wouldnt release it. This CHUMP thinks he's going to put the coal industry out of business?

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories...-coal-industry

HATE to tell you maggot but about 75% of the electricity in the ENTIRE NORTHEAST is generated by COAL. So unless you got about 300 TRILLION dollars to dismantle and completely rebuild every Dominion power plant from NY north which I believe is 31 plants at last count then I suggest you shut your piehole.

BTW I know this because I installed the y2k radios and towers in every plant up and down the coast so they could talk to each other direct if the %$%$%$%$ hit the fan in the 2000 roll over.

While I agree that coal is not necessarily the correct thing to be using, it's dirty, it's got nasty pollutants, etc etc, it IS readily available and is MUCH cheaper than a shipload of cng that has to be trucked across the ocean.

I see this as just another one of the drawbacks that isn't being shown to people. It may or may not be taxes in how he screws you, he just don't want you to know he's throwing these guys a bone here to raise your rates to subsidize doing this.

And LOOK at how many people THEN would be out of a job. Your talking much of the state of PA and more here.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
http://bizzyblog.com/ObamaSFchronInterview011708.html

Fake.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
JohnnyD

In terms of Coal, you're dead on. It's a horrible pollutant and high contributor to greenhouse gases. The unfortunate part is that coal could be much better. With some of the advances of clean coal technologies, there is the potential for the Carbon output of coal plants to be hugely reduced.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

YES you are 100% correct. The EPA regulates this stuff and really needs to force these guys to put systems onto their plants. If you've ever been inside a coal plant it is one of the most disgusting dirtiest foulest filthiest loudest deafening places you could ever be. Just the dust inside the plant is horrible and consider that alot of that is going outside into the atmosphere. Sulphur dioxide I think is one of the major gases which is really bad.

If these guys were forced to start converting some of this stuff to clean coal tech then I think alot of the world would be a better place. Unfortunately the almighty dollar is going to keep the kibosh on that because of the costs involved...and ultimately the consumer ends up paying for it.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Clean coal is q lie, nobody, I mean nobody has done it in scale.
Nobody knows the implications of high pressure insertion of carbon.
They tried to do this with radioactive waste at Yucca Flats, made a total mess