Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 02-14-2023, 12:21 PM   #1
Rmarsh

Happy Valentines Day

Been married 46 years.....together for 50. We are still in love. Respect and act kindly to each other. I made her breakfast as usual.....got down on my knees and told her I absolutely adore her.
No flowers no chocolates no presents.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 12:43 PM   #2
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

55 years this June. Bought her roses, chocolates and a card and I cooked lunch/dnner. should be good or about 3 weeks.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 01:49 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well I don’t have that time into my second go around but after 14 years, she can still put up with me and we are still in love. Every 2-3 years I write her a poem and order it on good paper from a message in a bottle company, sometime it’s rose petals inside and other times sea shells. I don’t do it every year or it wouldn’t be a surprise. Brings tears each time she reads one.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:28 PM   #4
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
55 years this June. Bought her roses, chocolates and a card and I cooked lunch/dnner. should be good or about 3 weeks.
I tip my hat to you both!.....there is a lot to be said about that kind of dedication. How did you two meet?
I tell mine that I got the girl I wanted....after my first glance at her in eighth grade.
I just sent her a text...a little suggestive..(sexting)?..I thought it was romantic.
She said it was creepy...
Old 02-15-2023, 04:38 AM   #5
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I tip my hat to you both!.....there is a lot to be said about that kind of dedication. How did you two meet?
I tell mine that I got the girl I wanted....after my first glance at her in eighth grade.
I just sent her a text...a little suggestive..(sexting)?..I thought it was romantic.
She said it was creepy...
Met Jeanne through a friend of hers that I worked with at Mammoth Mart. Sandy went to RIC with Jeanne. I worked there part time after high school and before I enlisted.
That was Jan 66.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:56 AM   #6
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Met Jeanne through a friend of hers that I worked with at Mammoth Mart. Sandy went to RIC with Jeanne. I worked there part time after high school and before I enlisted.
That was Jan 66.
Wow! I was in eight grade in '69 when I met Donna......had to admire her from afar as I was too young and shy..when I did step up and make my move....she suggested we wait....and try dating others before we get too serious....that happened in '73 and we married in '77. Never regretted that decision. I thank God every morning when I know she is there ...lying beside me.

God has blessed us with our life long partners. Cant imagine how difficult parting will be.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:48 AM   #7
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Wow! I was in eight grade in '69 when I met Donna......had to admire her from afar as I was too young and shy..when I did step up and make my move....she suggested we wait....and try dating others before we get too serious....that happened in '73 and we married in '77. Never regretted that decision. I thank God every morning when I know she is there ...lying beside me.

God has blessed us with our life long partners. Cant imagine how difficult parting will be.
Hope I go before her!