Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #31
Rockfish9

Thanks to John for sponsering this event.. and thank you Bruce for orginizing the event.. great to see old friends and meet new ones.... I was especialy inspired by the number of younger future plug builders in the audiance...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
Stewie
Scarecrow

Thanks to all!

I had a great time. It was`great to talk to old friends and meet some new ones.
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #33
Lower

Another big Thank you to JohnR and Bruce. Appreciate you putting this event together. I always look forward to it and never come home dissapointed. Truly enjoy catching with old friends and making new ones.

Also wanted to thank everyone who spent some time talking with my friend John. He was good freinds with Flaptail and has always had an interest in building plugs. Pretty sure his head is still spinning today. If he doesn't buy a lathe today I bet he buys one tomorrow .
Lower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #34
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Great time but it sucked that I had to sit next to Paul.

Wish I'd had more plugs to hand out.

Wish I'd met Frank P, and, Makai, did I meet you? If I did I didn't realize it, sorry.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #35
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Yeah sitting next to Paul sucks! All his plugs start talking to me....taunting me about how beautiful they are!!! Plus Paul had a huge "Throng" of admirers in front of his table all day long fighting it out for room to drool with all the folks George had in front of his table....I thought there was gonna be a brawl!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #36
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

yoooze guys a way to nice, well not George, but he at least doesn't speak with forked tongue. Dr. truth. It was funny listening to him badger Sauerkraut all day long.

Larry I wish my stuff was as nice, clean as yours.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #37
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Paul please.....lets just agree to envy each other then ok? Loved seeing Sauerkraut yesterday!!! Alan is just a great guy!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #38
stripermaineiac

Hey guys thanks much . Was a great day. Got to talk with some great people and Pam and I had a fantastic time. Was well worth the ride down from Maine. Thanks again and can't wait to try some of these killer plugs I traded for. Ron and Pam
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #39
Big D

Just wanted to thank John and Bruce. Had a great time again. Every year I realize how much i still have to learn. Its great to be a part of it! Also want to thank all the guys who were willing to trade. Hope the plugs i traded catch you a fish! Happy trails.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #40
FrankR

This was my first time ,hopefully not the last. Got to see some old friends and meet some new friends. Gained some new knowledge and passed some on. Enjoyed talking to rockfish, vineyard and old man, lots of info from them. Even got to do some trades and get some great stuff. A big thanks to John and Bruce for a great event.
FrankR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #41
stripercrazy
Hernia Pikie Maker

great time

great seeing everyone saterday, great time....great people

its no ones fault
stripercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #42
angler229

Had a great time hanging with friends. Thanks Bruce.
angler229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #43
fishbones

Huge thanks to Slipknot, Danny (for working the door), JohnR and everyone else who helped put on the event! It was my first Plugfest and I had a great time, despite getting there late due to a sick child and wife at home. I could have spent the entire time at Professor M and Numbskull's table admiring the unbelievable craftsmanship on the plugs and bags there. I'm glad I didn't spend the whole time there, though. There was so much quality in terms of plugs, flies, etc... in that room that my head was spinning. It was great seeing people who I haven't seen in a while and also meeting some new people who I will hopefully get a chance to fish with this year. I'm so glad I was able to make it, even if it was for a short time.

Special thanks to OD Mike for hooking me up with some awesome plugs to trade. I scored some real nice stuff on Saturday, not to mention winning a real cool SB.com spook made by Slipknot in the raffle.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #44
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

Just wanted to say that I had a great time and already forgot half the names. Thank You everyone.
PS If I do a good job cutting Capesams grass he might bring me next year. Hope so.
OLD GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #45
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

plug heaven

Thats what the event is, plug heaven.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote