Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-14-2022, 10:09 AM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Actually Trump's calling Dems. fascists was broader than Biden's.

In 2020, Trump called Democrats "fascists" while surrounded by military officials.

No one remembers it bc Dems didn't feel threatened by his false claim.

In the clip, the ex-president begins listing all the wrongs of the Democratic party, which included the move away from fossil fuels, reproductive rights and the claim that the party wanted to “replace American freedom with left-wing fascism.”

“Fascists. They are fascists. Some of them, not all of them. But some of them, but they’re getting closer and closer. We have to win this election,” Mr Trump adds in the since viral clip.
liberal democrats want a massive federal government presence and less individual liberty than republicans

Biden was supposed to be more unifying than trump, wasn’t he? The best guy can do is say he’s not white as bad as trump i. terms of how many americans he called fascists?

you don’t think “some” liberals are fascists? the ones who burn down cities and beat people with pipes for disagreeing with them, they aren’t fascists?

the democrats didn’t feel threatened by trump’s
claims? that’s what you just said? with a straight face?
Old 09-14-2022, 10:25 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Between Hilarys deplorable and irredeemable statement, Bidens suggesting that all republicans want to put blacks back in chains, Biden suggesting that tens of millions of republicans are threats to democracy, are those things really that much less divisive than Trumps rantings?

We choose to elect awful people. both sides.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #63
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
liberal democrats want a massive federal government presence and less individual liberty than republicans

Biden was supposed to be more unifying than trump, wasn’t he? He sure is. The best guy can do is say he’s not white as bad as trump i. terms of how many americans he called fascists?So he should just take the former Pres, many in his admin. and millions lying about the election and trying to prevent the elected Pres from becoming Pres.

you don’t think “some” liberals are fascists? the ones who burn down cities and beat people with pipes for disagreeing with them, they aren’t fascists?

the democrats didn’t feel threatened by trump’s
claims? that’s what you just said? with a straight face?
And yet you, Scott and Kevin got so upset over it you all posted here while no Dem. here got so upset that they needed to start another thread crying about it.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:00 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
And yet you, Scott and Kevin got so upset over it you all posted here while no Dem. here got so upset that they needed to start another thread crying about it.
paul, anyone who says “republicans want to put blacks in chains”, isn’t even a little bit unifying. sorry. That was an unbelievable thing to say. but he’s a democrat, so it’s ok. Biden has been an attack dog for the DNC for decades.

I’ve seen polling that shows even a small
majority of demi rats thought bidens speech was divisive. I’m glad he did it, it probably helps the right.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
paul, anyone who says “republicans want to put blacks in chains”, isn’t even a little bit unifying. sorry. That was an unbelievable thing to say. but he’s a democrat, so it’s ok. Biden has been an attack dog for the DNC for decades.

I’ve seen polling that shows even a small
majority of demi rats thought bidens speech was divisive. I’m glad he did it, it probably helps the right.
Impressive

demi rats

And you wonder why anyone would think you’re deplorable and irredeemable.

Republicans ordering poll workers to break election rules the night before a primary?

No worry— MAGAs are just a tiny section of the GOP, right? The 74M who tried to re-elect Trump just did it to prank the rest of us.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #66
PaulS

What kind of leader would call the free press, a sitting president and a secretary of state “the enemy”?

Who would call police officers who defended the Capitol against a violent mob of insurrectionists “p*ssies”?

Who would call members of the opposing political party “un-American” and “treasonous,” simply because they didn’t clap for you?

It’s unheard of.

Finally, the folks at Fox News are also bummed at Biden. Jesse Watters, a reliably sensitive host who once urged young conservatives to “ambush” Anthony Fauci and then “go in for the kill shot,” complained that Biden has waged a “war on terror” against him and other MAGA Republicans.

Harris Faulkner also wondered aloud, “Do we really, really love the citizens of this great nation? We have a president who hates at least half of them.”

These are the aching words of the downtrodden, mistreated and tortured souls of Trump’s MAGA army. How they survive in these unlivable conditions, under this kind of oppression, is anyone’s guess.

Perhaps, and I’m just spitballing, Biden’s words — that Trump and MAGA Republicans “represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic” — are cutting so deep because they are irrefutably true.

Storming the Capitol to overturn a democratic election is extreme and threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Nominating self-avowed election deniers to positions of power all over the country is extreme and threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Denying basic facts in favor of baseless conspiracy theories is extreme and threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Biden didn’t invent the idea that MAGA world is a threat to democracy, and most American people — including a quarter of Republicans — agree, according to recent polling.

But you can understand why this would be so hard to hear, so painful, so gut-wrenching, even for the party that belittles liberal “snowflakes” for finding words and ideas offensive…

…and even for the party that shrugged when Trump mocked a disabled journalist, a prisoner of war, a teenage activist, Asian accents and asylum seekers…

…and even for the party that accepted Trump’s disparaging comments about women, Jews, Blacks, Muslims, LGBTQ, immigrants and the poor.

Indeed, let’s all have some empathy and compassion for the aggrieved MAGA Republicans, who no longer feel safe in Joe Biden’s America.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:32 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
What kind of leader would call the free press, a sitting president and a secretary of state “the enemy”?

Who would call police officers who defended the Capitol against a violent mob of insurrectionists “p*ssies”?

Who would call members of the opposing political party “un-American” and “treasonous,” simply because they didn’t clap for you?

It’s unheard of.

Finally, the folks at Fox News are also bummed at Biden. Jesse Watters, a reliably sensitive host who once urged young conservatives to “ambush” Anthony Fauci and then “go in for the kill shot,” complained that Biden has waged a “war on terror” against him and other MAGA Republicans.

Harris Faulkner also wondered aloud, “Do we really, really love the citizens of this great nation? We have a president who hates at least half of them.”

These are the aching words of the downtrodden, mistreated and tortured souls of Trump’s MAGA army. How they survive in these unlivable conditions, under this kind of oppression, is anyone’s guess.

Perhaps, and I’m just spitballing, Biden’s words — that Trump and MAGA Republicans “represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic” — are cutting so deep because they are irrefutably true.

Storming the Capitol to overturn a democratic election is extreme and threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Nominating self-avowed election deniers to positions of power all over the country is extreme and threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Denying basic facts in favor of baseless conspiracy theories is extreme and threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Biden didn’t invent the idea that MAGA world is a threat to democracy, and most American people — including a quarter of Republicans — agree, according to recent polling.

But you can understand why this would be so hard to hear, so painful, so gut-wrenching, even for the party that belittles liberal “snowflakes” for finding words and ideas offensive…

…and even for the party that shrugged when Trump mocked a disabled journalist, a prisoner of war, a teenage activist, Asian accents and asylum seekers…

…and even for the party that accepted Trump’s disparaging comments about women, Jews, Blacks, Muslims, LGBTQ, immigrants and the poor.

Indeed, let’s all have some empathy and compassion for the aggrieved MAGA Republicans, who no longer feel safe in Joe Biden’s America.
not asking for any empathy. perhaps a speck of honesty, but nope

you kick scott for starting the thread. you like doing searches on who said what, how many threads have been started here by democrats offended by trump’s words? more than the 1?

who would call police officers racist barbarians? but, as always, it’s ok when you guys do it.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:44 PM   #68
PaulS

Quote:
not asking for any empathy. perhaps a speck of honesty, but nope

you kick scott for starting the thread. you like doing searches on who said what, how many threads have been started here by democrats offended by trump’s words? more than the 1?far far fewer than have been started by Rs crying about things

who would call police officers racist barbarians? but, as always, it’s ok when you guys do it.
Maybe you can start another thread about Nancy pelosi getting her hair done.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Maybe you can start another thread about Nancy pelosi getting her hair done.
they had to ban pete from starting anti trump whiny threads. every event leads back to trump.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:12 PM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
they had to ban pete from starting anti trump whiny threads. every event leads back to trump.
Poor victim

Republicans think
Mitch McConnell is a fantastic Senator for the people of Kentucky

When he took office 38 years ago, Kentucky ranked 48 of 50 in Education and 7 out of the 10 poorest counties in America

38 years later; Kentucky now ranks 48 of 50 and has 9 out of 10 poorest counties in America.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-14-2022, 05:28 PM   #71
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
what are you talking about?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #72
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Quote:
He’s so inspiring, he’s working hard to bring this country together. If this doesn’t inspire spontaneous hugging and the singing of cumbayah in the streets, I don’t know what will.
NM
Old 09-14-2022, 05:55 PM   #73
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That’s getting upset???? Looks like my usual sarcasm.
Old 09-14-2022, 05:58 PM   #74
PaulS

Quote:
That’s getting upset???? Looks like my usual sarcasm.
I'm not upset at all. I think it's funny reading how people make comments on what Biden said when Trump said pretty much the same thing and they didn't comment. I understood the sarcasm in your post.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:43 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:
it's never very clear...

this will help understand the mental illness...

Old 09-20-2022, 04:55 AM   #76
scottw

good new from Brandon..."inflation is only up an inch"
Old 09-20-2022, 06:24 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Two men who really wanted to attend the queen's funeral were denied an invitation: Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.

Too bad.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:37 AM   #78
scottw

pete may have the world's worst case of trump derangement syndrome.... pete, do you wake up at night screaming trump's name?
Old 09-20-2022, 06:45 AM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete may have the world's worst case of trump derangement syndrome.... pete, do you wake up at night screaming trump's name?
You rise each day to defend the indefensible…..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2022, 07:03 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You rise each day to defend the indefensible…..
"the indefensible" is mostly a figment of your imagination