Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-06-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
scottw

for "prosperity"

I guess I don't share the fatalist view of this apparent dark date in our history....

"The President demanding the VP to defy the Constitution so he can stay in power."

if the VP does something unconstitutional...then he should be held accountable and if the president demands the VP do something unconstitutional, he should also be held accountable

"Many Republican members of Congress rallying around this otherwise lame duck President, who would be otherwise be leaving office in two weeks, to impede the succession of power. "

they have the right to rally around the president, if they do anything unconstitutional they should be held responsible...there is an article on NBC that points out that the democrats have set the precedent in all of the instances that they currently whine about

"Trump supporters rallying around the Capitol, some expected to be armed. "

Rallying around the Capitol is Constitutional, I don't know if being armed is legal there...I saw an ad from a new member of Congress stating she's planning to concealed carry during her time in Washington, seemed legit...if any of them do anything illegal or unconstitutional they should be held accountable...hopefully they will be more peaceful than the "peaceful protests" that we've enjoyed from the left over the past year with very little accountability

"Trump giving a speech in the morning and possibly joining his supporters. "

I believe this is perfectly Constitutional and legal....

"The leader of the Proud Boys arrested on weapons charges in DC and told to "stay away."

oh good...so they won't have to worry about him causing any trouble

"A threat over the air controller frequency said a plane was going to be flown into the Capitol tomorrow, likely while the Congress is assembled to read the votes from the electoral college. This to avenge the killing of Iranian General Soleimani exactly a year ago. "

Clearly trump's fault

"Kenosha Wisconsin likely to see rioting after no charges were brought against a police officer in a shooting last August."

why would they riot and whose fault is that? hopefully the rioters will be held accountable but we'll likely be told it's all perfectly justified

"And there is always the Georgia Senate elections today, with results possibly not being known until tomorrow. Only the control of the Senate and a continuation of a checks and balance within Congress at stake."

according to dementia joe...$2000 checks are at stake

"Any powder kegs I left out?"

I bet we could come up with a bunch but what is the point of fretting over things that have not and are unlikely to happen? I bet pete could come up with a bunch of potential "bombshells"

"Oh, maybe a stack of pardons to round out the afternoon?"

those could be fun....maybe he'll pardon hunter

it will be interesting to see how we define "prosperity" going forward....

I heard a left leaning commentator on tv recently state very emphatically...."science trumps freedom"....I found that an interesting statement, don't recall seeing anything in the Constitution regarding science superseding freedom

Last edited by scottw; 01-06-2021 at 07:02 AM..
Old 01-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

Do you think he meant posterity?

Let’s lock this thread too��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-06-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
scottw

I prefer free speech.....
Old 01-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Do you think he meant posterity?

Let’s lock this thread too��
Ahh, yup. I screwed up. Meant posterity. See if I can get my Republican operatives into the locked thread to correct my faux pas!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:10 AM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I prefer free speech.....
And I prefer when a thread isn't taken off the rails to serve someone else's agenda. I have had a few that ended up so far off the original thought discussion that suggesting a lock was the only viable option to survive the maelstrom this forum has become.
So now you have taken the time to address my post in your own thread, and I appreciate that. I could have responded when you posted, as I too was up watching the returns from Georgia dribble in, but I chose to go back to sleep.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:01 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
So now you have taken the time to address my post in your own thread, and I appreciate that. I could have responded when you posted, as I too was up watching the returns from Georgia dribble in, but I chose to go back to sleep.
I didn’t watch anything regarding the Georgia returns. I start work pretty early in the morning....

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by scottw; 01-06-2021 at 11:08 AM..
Old 01-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
I guess I don't share the fatalist view of this apparent dark date in our history....

"The President demanding the VP to defy the Constitution so he can stay in power."

if the VP does something unconstitutional...then he should be held accountable and if the president demands the VP do something unconstitutional, he should also be held accountable

"Many Republican members of Congress rallying around this otherwise lame duck President, who would be otherwise be leaving office in two weeks, to impede the succession of power. "

they have the right to rally around the president, if they do anything unconstitutional they should be held responsible...there is an article on NBC that points out that the democrats have set the precedent in all of the instances that they currently whine about

"Trump supporters rallying around the Capitol, some expected to be armed. "

Rallying around the Capitol is Constitutional, I don't know if being armed is legal there...I saw an ad from a new member of Congress stating she's planning to concealed carry during her time in Washington, seemed legit...if any of them do anything illegal or unconstitutional they should be held accountable...hopefully they will be more peaceful than the "peaceful protests" that we've enjoyed from the left over the past year with very little accountability

"Trump giving a speech in the morning and possibly joining his supporters. "

I believe this is perfectly Constitutional and legal....

"The leader of the Proud Boys arrested on weapons charges in DC and told to "stay away."

oh good...so they won't have to worry about him causing any trouble

"A threat over the air controller frequency said a plane was going to be flown into the Capitol tomorrow, likely while the Congress is assembled to read the votes from the electoral college. This to avenge the killing of Iranian General Soleimani exactly a year ago. "

Clearly trump's fault

"Kenosha Wisconsin likely to see rioting after no charges were brought against a police officer in a shooting last August."

why would they riot and whose fault is that? hopefully the rioters will be held accountable but we'll likely be told it's all perfectly justified

"And there is always the Georgia Senate elections today, with results possibly not being known until tomorrow. Only the control of the Senate and a continuation of a checks and balance within Congress at stake."

according to dementia joe...$2000 checks are at stake

"Any powder kegs I left out?"

I bet we could come up with a bunch but what is the point of fretting over things that have not and are unlikely to happen? I bet pete could come up with a bunch of potential "bombshells"

"Oh, maybe a stack of pardons to round out the afternoon?"

those could be fun....maybe he'll pardon hunter

it will be interesting to see how we define "prosperity" going forward....

I heard a left leaning commentator on tv recently state very emphatically...."science trumps freedom"....I found that an interesting statement, don't recall seeing anything in the Constitution regarding science superseding freedom

Are you happy now??????

Old 01-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Are you happy now??????
Oh trust me Scott is extremely happy right now, like Trump he is getting a kick out of a Trump thug sitting at Nancy's desk in the capitol building.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:34 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Oh trust me Scott is extremely happy right now, like Trump he is getting a kick out of a Trump thug sitting at Nancy's desk in the capitol building.
Does he have that giant gavel she likes to wave around?
Old 01-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Does he have that giant gavel she likes to wave around?
I know it's a tough day, Trump going out, Moscow Mitch becoming a minority leader, probably time for a stiff drink.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Well I think going forward, anyone posting as a Trump supporter can rightly be lumped in with the riotous mob that laid siege to the Capitol after being revved up by the sitting President.... His taped comments were nothing but a half baked excuse to answer the call for peaceful end to the riot. In my view, you support Trump, the man who incited the events of today, you are choosing against our democracy. Period. This is all on him. You really want to get in that boat? You can stand shoulder to shoulder with the Proud Boys.

Old 01-06-2021, 04:45 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Well I think going forward, anyone posting as a Trump supporter can rightly be lumped in with the riotous mob that laid siege to the Capitol after being revved up by the sitting President.... His taped comments were nothing but a half baked excuse to answer the call for peaceful end to the riot. In my view, you support Trump, the man who incited the events of today, you are choosing against our democracy. Period. This is all on him. You really want to get in that boat? You can stand shoulder to shoulder with the Proud Boys.
Sadly there are those that will hang on to the railing as the ship sinks.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:47 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:

You can stand shoulder to shoulder with the Proud Boys.
According to Biden they are the “poor boys”. Which sounds a bit more amusing

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-06-2021 at 06:27 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #14
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
According to Biden they are the “poor boys”. Which sounds a bit more amusing
You have resorted to being nothing more than a troll.... I wish you an earned time out from this forum in the near future.... Just my point of view.

Old 01-06-2021, 04:53 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You have resorted to being nothing more than a troll.... I wish you an earned time out from this forum in the near future.... Just my point of view.
He is a putz!
Old 01-06-2021, 04:55 PM   #16
scottw

. I wish you an earned time out from this forum in the near future.... Just my point of view.[/QUOTE]

For what?
Old 01-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
He is a putz!
Thanks for the ❤️
Old 01-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
He's been that way for a while. Sad
Old 01-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
It's too bad that many Republicans support Trump over the Republican party and for what it used to stand for. And in some ways they support him more than they support the Constitution and the country.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Feel better?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-06-2021 at 06:28 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #21
PaulS

[QUOTE=scottw;1207742]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/

Feel better?
I have no feeling either way. I just think it's sad what you've become over the last four years.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:11 PM   #22
scottw

[QUOTE=PaulS;1207743]
Quote:
I have no feeling either way. I just think it's sad what you've become over the last four years.
I’ll get some help😁
Old 01-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh you will need help, losing the White House and the senate, maybe a group therapy with some of the other brain dead conspiracy drunk thugs at the capital building.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Oh you will need help, losing the White House and the senate, maybe a group therapy with some of the other brain dead conspiracy drunk thugs at the capital building.
I have a funny story about my last therapy session....
Old 01-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well I’m encouraged you are in therapy clearly you need something.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Well I’m encouraged you are in therapy clearly you need something.
no..my last session...that was a while ago
Old 01-06-2021, 05:55 PM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

over/under on arrest number?

I say 65

Old 01-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

I say 65
it was over 200 for the Kavanaugh hearings
Old 01-06-2021, 06:29 PM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

I say 65
I’ll take the over

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Nobody hiding faces a lot will be slapped in the face with reality soon.